• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roger Stone found guilty on all 7 counts!

Terry Sampson

The wheels of the gods grind exceedingly slow, ... and exceedingly fine.

Hip! Hip! Hooray!

Roger Stone, confidant of Trump and WikiLeaks connection, found guilty on all seven counts

Screenshot_2019-11-15 Roger Stone.png

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
And an important aspect of this is how Stone's lying, obstruction, and witness tampering was part of why Mueller wasn't able to establish a conspiracy by the Trump campaign to collude with Russia, despite the over 100 contacts between them (Stone was the alleged link between the campaign and Wikileaks).

So we have Trump's personal lawyer (Cohen), campaign CEO (Manafort), deputy campaign CEO (Gates), and long-time adviser (Stone) in prison, or soon to be in prison, and Trump's first National Security Adviser (Flynn) awaiting sentencing.

At what point does this start to resemble a crime syndicate?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And Stone and Trump are like two peas in a pod, thus it should be even more clear to even the staunchest Trump supporters that Trump is as of a con-man as is Stone.

Riders

Trump supporters here are scratching their heads saying the impeachment hearings are a joke. Do you think the truth will get through the brain washing?

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Hip! Hip! Hooray!

Roger Stone, confidant of Trump and WikiLeaks connection, found guilty on all seven counts

View attachment 34350

I find it amusing mostly because none of the charges have anything to do with the mark, but rather they're process crimes. Case in point -- most of these charges are simply products of either personal error or the typical waiving the 5th amendment protection type stuff and saying too much. (You feel you're telling the truth, but the jurors don't either know or care. Etc...You might be telling the truth from your perspective, but the jury lacks the evidence to understand that.)

Anyway, I've always viewed Stone as a dubious character to some degree but I still view these type of charges as complete bull****. They're what a prosecutor goes after when they've got nothing of substance, but man they just gotta get you. Most of the time these don't stick, but if the jurors just don't like the guy they might accept them.

But, all that said I don't find any of that troubling -- the jurors aren't legal experts and are influenced by their own subjective biases and whatnot. The thing that bothers me is that people feel joy at this type of persecution of the man. That tells me everything I need to know about the left -- they're down with the lynch mob, and it's a definite step backwards. None of that crap they've charged him with was anything critical to the safety of our nation or overly important.

metis

But, all that said I don't find any of that troubling -- the jurors aren't legal experts and are influenced by their own subjective biases and whatnot. The thing that bothers me is that people feel joy at this type of persecution of the man. That tells me everything I need to know about the left -- they're down with the lynch mob, and it's a definite step backwards. None of that crap they've charged him with was anything critical to the safety of our nation or overly important.
And you really believe this? So, if I rob a 7-11, it's no big deal? And then I can then blame it on a leftist lynch-mob that's out to get me?

So, I guess you believe that breaking the law is not really a big deal, so let's just move on and ignore what the jurors of Stone's peers decided their verdict on?

metis

Not really.
Here's the big difference. Trump hired Stone. Like Manaforte and Flynn and Cohen, etc., Trump is the one responsible for what happened.
Tom
Ya, but Stone and Trump have long been BFF, which is what I'm basing it on. Stone is not just some sort of bench-player who means little to Trump.

This verdict on Stone is HUGE, as it took me a while to recognize, and I'll explain why in on a separate thread.

PureX

Veteran Member
And you really believe this? So, if I rob a 7-11, it's no big deal? And then I can then blame it on a leftist lynch-mob that's out to get me?

So, I guess you believe that breaking the law is not really a big deal, so let's just move on and ignore what the jurors of Stone's peers decided their verdict on?
It's a HUGE deal if the "other guys" do it! BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! All that matters is who's team they're on.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Ya, but Stone and Trump have long been BFF, which is what I'm basing it on. Stone is not just some sort of bench-player who means little to Trump.
I understand that.
But Trump is still the billionaire President and Stone is a minion.

The buck stops on the President's desk.
Tom

metis

I understand that.
But Trump is still the billionaire President and Stone is a minion.

The buck stops on the President's desk.
Tom
Maybe check out my new thread "Trump's In a Box Made of Stone", and you'll see what I mean.

sealchan

Trump supporters here are scratching their heads saying the impeachment hearings are a joke. Do you think the truth will get through the brain washing?

Eventually, I think most Trump supporters will eventually find a narrative, handed down by Republican Senators and Congressmen once they find it, that will allow Trump supporters to hold onto their dignity and abandon Trump as a worthwhile representative of their values.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Hip! Hip! Hooray!
I view this as a non partisan and courageous decision. You have to punish people who bend to corruption, particularly ones in high places.

Do I think President Trump will be impeached? No. I don't think Republican officials are willing to hold him responsible for anything. I think that its going to have to be decided what happens at election time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And an important aspect of this is how Stone's lying, obstruction, and witness tampering was part of why Mueller wasn't able to establish a conspiracy by the Trump campaign to collude with Russia, despite the over 100 contacts between them (Stone was the alleged link between the campaign and Wikileaks).

So we have Trump's personal lawyer (Cohen), campaign CEO (Manafort), deputy campaign CEO (Gates), and long-time adviser (Stone) in prison, or soon to be in prison, and Trump's first National Security Adviser (Flynn) awaiting sentencing.

At what point does this start to resemble a crime syndicate?
Maybe sometime after Trump is either out of office naturally or forced out for the die hard Trumpers (and I do love the British double entendre of this).

Terry Sampson

They're what a prosecutor goes after when they've got nothing of substance, but man they just gotta get you.

Prosecution is a ***** when there's no body and a video, I agree.

None of that crap they've charged him with was anything critical to the safety of our nation or overly important.

None? Personally, I think Stone's email threat to Credico: "I'm going to take that dog away from you", was over the top and a hanging offense.