• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roe v Wade Overturned?

linwood

AV1611 said:
Good idea --- just put it back where it came from --- in the ditch.
Would you care to explain this comment or should I simply understand it as yet more Christian intolerance?

My pleasure ... but you wouldn't have messed up for long ... sooner or later you'd notice it's written on your coins.
Hmm..Must be true then huh?

I don't know about theocratic rule ... but believe me ... they'd be thankful later.
Odd how you seem to know more about "their" beliefs than "they" do.
More Christian arrogance/intolerance.

God already instituted it under the dispensation of Human Government, and it led to a Tower. They that don't know the past are bound to repeat it ... therefore NO.
I must have missed that CNN special.
Just exactly when did god institute a theocracy in the USA?
Which god was this?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Well I guess since no one wants to answer these --- let a Baptist handle it:

drekmed said:
if you are pro-life, do you believe the death penalty should be legal?
Yes ... God instituted the Death Penalty in Genesis 9, and gave the responsibility of carrying it out to us --- (Genesis 9:6).

if you are pro-life, do you believe that a war can ever be justified?
Yes ... read the words of our National Anthem.

if you are pro-life, do you believe any killing be justifed, for any reason?
Yes ... read the words to The Ballad of the Green Berets by Staff Sgt. Barry Sadler.

if you are pro-life, are you agianst cloning, for the sole purpose of reproduction for the infertile?
Yes

if you are pro-life, are you against cloning, for any reason?
Yes

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
linwood said:
Would you care to explain this comment or should I simply understand it as yet more Christian intolerance?
YOU explain it ... YOU'RE the one that brought it up.

And, yes, please do understand it as yet more Christian intolerance.

Hmm..Must be true then huh?
Must be.

Odd how you seem to know more about "their" beliefs than "they" do.
I know enough to know they'll be grateful later --- I know I was.

I must have missed that CNN special.
If you get your theology from CNN ... no wonder you have questions.

linwood

And, yes, please do understand it as yet more Christian intolerance.
I see no other choice.
:)

Please, let's remember not to judge an entire religion based upon the actions of one person.
Trust me Feathers, my judgements take the whole of the ideology into consideration.
This is just typical of the majority of religious Christians

Fluffy

A fool
God spoke to the people in terms that they could understand. This verse in Deuteronomy was long before zoologists codified animals by phylum, genera, and species.
Apply the same standard to the understanding of in Jesus' time reproduction. The idea of thousands of little babies contained in men's sperm immediatly springs to mind.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
AV1611 said:

Well I guess since no one wants to answer these --- let a Baptist handle it:
Based upon your provided "answers", I'm pretty sure I wouldn't hand pointy-tipped scissors to a Baptist without fear of him prospectively injuring himself...

Question put:
if you are pro-life, do you believe the death penalty should be legal?

AV1611 reply:
Yes ... God instituted the Death Penalty in Genesis 9, and gave the responsibility of carrying it out to us --- (Genesis 9:6).
And how is that "responsibility" going for you (ya'll?)?
Have you maintained proper obedience and righteousness in deference to the Lord's Commandments?

Howzabout...

Exodus 21:17; Exodus 22:19; Exodus 31:14-15; Leviticus 20:10-13 (have you righteously executed your share of homos today?); Leviticus 20:27 (gotta kill off those palmists and astrologers, ya know); Leviticus 24:16 (I blaspheme daily, and I have yet to be communally stoned to death - why won't Christians fulfill their responsibilities to God?); Deuteronomy 13:5 (justifiably knocked off your accountable share of false prophets lately?); Deuteronomy 17:2-5 (keeping up with your Commanded responsibility of death by stoning of pagans, Hindus, Buddhists, etc.?)...

Question put:
if you are pro-life, do you believe that a war can ever be justified?

AV1611's (incredulous) reply:
Yes ... read the words of our National Anthem.
Oh my.

Anthemic dogma!

How ironic that Francis Scott Key actually opposed our involvement in the 1812 war...

Now, what did Jesus say...?

Luke 6:27-31
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you."

Jesus.

Crazy, bleeding-heart liberal.

Question put:
if you are pro-life, do you believe any killing be justifed, for any reason?

AV1611's insightful "answer":
Yes ... read the words to The Ballad of the Green Berets by Staff Sgt. Barry Sadler.
Rationale/Dogma by ballad! Who can debate that?

Oh...

"Ballad Of the Green Berets"

"Fighting soldiers from the sky
Fearless men who jump and die
Men who mean just what they say
The brave men of the Green Beret

Chorus:
Silver wings upon their chest
These are men, America’s best
One hundred men will test today
But only three win the Green Beret

Trained to live off natures land
Trained in combat, hand-to-hand
Men who fight by night and day
Courage peak from the Green Berets

(Chorus) Silver wings upon their chest
These are men, America's best
One hundred men will test today
But only three win the Green Beret

Back at home a young wife waits
Her Green Beret has met his fate
He has died for those oppressed
Leaving her his last request
“Put silver wings on my son’s chest
Make him one of America’s best
He’ll be a man they'll test one day
Have him win the Green Beret”

(Chorus repeats)

Hmmm. Justification in killing for any reason is expressed where within these lyrics?

Maybe some Biblical inspiration is in order...

Luke 6:46-49
"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."

s2a
non-Baptist...

Pah

Uber all member
Please this is so far afield, I did not understand the thread title. Please return to the topic