• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robertson's at it again...

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Hollywood – Pat Robertson on Sunday said that Hurricane Katrina was God’s way of expressing its anger at the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for its selection of Ellen Degeneres to host this year’s Emmy Awards. “By choosing an avowed lesbian for this national event, these Hollywood elites have clearly invited God’s wrath,” Robertson said on “The 700 Club” on Sunday. “Is it any surprise that the Almighty chose to strike at Miss Degeneres’ hometown?”

Robertson also noted that the last time Degeneres hosted the Emmys, in 2001, the September 11 terrorism attacks took place shortly before the ceremony.

“This is the second time in a row that God has invoked a disaster shortly before lesbian Ellen Degeneres hosted the Emmy Awards,” Robertson explained to his approximately one million viewers. “America is waiting for her to apologize for the death and destruction that her sexual deviance has brought onto this great nation.”

I honestly thought he couldn't get more insane... just goes to show how naive I am. :areyoucra

Reactions: Pah

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Hehe, this guys a comedian right? No?

“America is waiting for her to apologize for the death and destruction that her sexual deviance has brought onto this great nation.”

Yeah some people are messed up.

Flappycat

Jensa said:
Hollywood – Pat Robertson on Sunday said that Hurricane Katrina was God’s way of expressing its anger at the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for its selection of Ellen Degeneres to host this year’s Emmy Awards. “By choosing an avowed lesbian for this national event, these Hollywood elites have clearly invited God’s wrath,” Robertson said on “The 700 Club” on Sunday. “Is it any surprise that the Almighty chose to strike at Miss Degeneres’ hometown?”

Robertson also noted that the last time Degeneres hosted the Emmys, in 2001, the September 11 terrorism attacks took place shortly before the ceremony.

“This is the second time in a row that God has invoked a disaster shortly before lesbian Ellen Degeneres hosted the Emmy Awards,” Robertson explained to his approximately one million viewers. “America is waiting for her to apologize for the death and destruction that her sexual deviance has brought onto this great nation.”

I honestly thought he couldn't get more insane... just goes to show how naive I am. :areyoucra
:clap This one takes the cake! Man, I love this guy! I gotta start watching that show. It must be a riot!:D

mmmMMMMM*snerks...*:biglaugh:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
“America is waiting for her to apologize for the death and destruction that her sexual deviance has brought onto this great nation.”:biglaugh: The only thing that would be more absurd than Robertson's remarks: Ellen Degeneres apologizing to the American people for her homosexuality.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Sunstone: I can't help but wonder if she'll respond to it in one of her skits... she is a comedian, after all :D And if she does, I'd pay good money to see it!

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I don't think it's Ellen that needs to be apologizing... :rolleyes:

:jiggy: <-- dances for Ellen. (if you've seen her show you know what I'm talking about ;) )

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I wonder if the nutball could get sued for defamation or somesuch by blaming everything in New Orleans on her... maybe in a perfect world.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Jensa said:
Sunstone: I can't help but wonder if she'll respond to it in one of her skits... she is a comedian, after all :D And if she does, I'd pay good money to see it!

That would be funny.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Jensa said:
I'd pay money to see it too. Although I cannot imagine how anyone could top the intrinsic humor of Robertson's own statements. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! Thanks for posting it, Jensa!

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Wait a minute, wait a minute!!!! please,

Someone has to defend us against that evidoer and Pat Robertson is at the forefront. OHMYGOD,what evil will she bring down on us next? I am stashing food and preparing for the apocalypse, or a pack of lips now.

You are all forgetting the Pat put those teletubbies in their place and protected us from their satanic doctrine. How can you make fun of someone who has done so much for you? i am compelled here to defend Pat agaist those who have not seen the light!

Go ahead make fun of him, you will be sorry..................... and oh by the way, I don't think Ellen is all that funny.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Oh, boy... I wish I got the channel her show is on, since I not only love her, I would love to see how she responds to this.

Her mind seems to work a lot like mine does.

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Oh just had another thought, (I know it is dangerous to think too much)

If New Orleans has been living in decadent squalor for so many years, why did God wait until now to punish them? hhhmmmm.

Ellen could not keep up with those party hounds no matter how hard she tried.

jonny

Jensa said:

HAHAHAHAHA! As if God cares about who hosts the emmy awards!!! :biglaugh:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Bennettresearch said:
Wait a minute, wait a minute!!!! please,

Someone has to defend us against that evidoer and Pat Robertson is at the forefront. OHMYGOD,what evil will she bring down on us next? I am stashing food and preparing for the apocalypse, or a pack of lips now.

You are all forgetting the Pat put those teletubbies in their place and protected us from their satanic doctrine. How can you make fun of someone who has done so much for you? i am compelled here to defend Pat agaist those who have not seen the light!

Go ahead make fun of him, you will be sorry..................... and oh by the way, I don't think Ellen is all that funny.
You're kidding, right? :eek: (Is it sad that I have to check?)

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Jensa said:
I wonder if the nutball could get sued for defamation or somesuch by blaming everything in New Orleans on her... maybe in a perfect world.
She'll make more money by taking the proverbial. :bounce

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Bennettresearch said:
Yes it is sad that you have to check. Is my comedy flying over everyone's head here?:cool:
Considering the topic, it's really hard to tell sometimes... :areyoucra