• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robertson at it again

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Televangelist Robertson warns town of God's wrath
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Conservative Christian televangelist Pat Robertson told citizens of a Pennsylvania town that they had rejected God by voting their school board out of office for supporting "intelligent design" and warned them on Thursday not to be surprised if disaster struck.

Robertson, a former Republican presidential candidate and founder of the influential conservative Christian Broadcasting Network and Christian Coalition, has a long record of similar apocalyptic warnings and provocative statements...

..."I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city," Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, "The 700 Club."

"And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there," he said.

mmmm feel the love​

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Do we have to call him a Christian? He is the antithesis to all things taught in the New Testament. Hetold them to ask Darwin for help instead. The man is a maroon!

Storm Moon

† Spiritual Warrior †
Most people I know doesn't even consider Robertson a real Christian so they ignore every word he says. Same with Dobson. This doesn't surprise me though. Every one of his shows is nothing but political crap. I've hardly heard him even talk about Jesus.

NetDoc is right, that dimwit is no Christan, he says that crap cause he wonts the publicity.
If he truly wonted to spared Christianity, he would shut the hell up.

Pah

Uber all member
We can laugh about it but that man and that type of Christianity has political power becuase he has a large following. He can turn out a sizeable block on election day. If the man is an idiot what does that make his followers?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Sunstone said:
You know you've done the right thing, when Robertson is against you.
*waves fist* :149: I will not rest until Robertson declares me a mortal sin!

I do sometimes feel badly for the guy, though. I don't know if he's simply wanting publicity or if it's that he just doesn't know when the thoughts he's thinking might not be appropriate to share with other human beings.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Pah said:
We can laugh about it but that man and that type of Christianity has political power becuase he has a large following. He can turn out a sizeable block on election day. If the man is an idiot what does that make his followers?

Which explains why they have so much power within the Republican Party. :(

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
"And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there," he said.
So basically... if something bad just happens to happen then it will be because of God's wrath. But if nothing bad happens, well he didn't really say that it would happen so it doesn't prove that God isn't angry.... .... .... ACK!! :bonk:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
lilithu said:
So basically... if something bad just happens to happen then it will be because of God's wrath. But if nothing bad happens, well he didn't really say that it would happen so it doesn't prove that God isn't angry.... .... .... ACK!! :bonk:
He's a weasle, isn't he.

Pah

Uber all member
From my inbox

I wonder if Robertson has noticed that Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi,
Alabama, and Texas, which have all experienced serious damage from
hurricanes were "red states." Now Kentucky and Indiana--two [more] red
states--have been damaged by one of the worst tornadoes in thirty years.

Does Robertson see all this as punishment from "God" for having voted to
put a moron in the White House?

Farrell Till