• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Road kill and poking dead animals with a stick -- it's all fascinating!

MatthewA

It is interesting to listen to a topical subject like this. The first video is a ploy to get people to buy this video for what was the price 100$?

This guy is very informative who is being critical of the pastor whom is trying to get 'lies' out of text books. Which - Evolution ? Haha, people can learn about Evolution, and still believe in God, and Jesus Christ as far as I am concerned.

Thank you for sharing Evangelicalhumanist.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I have to admit that I have an ulterior motive in starting this thread. I am truly fascinated by the question about whether stupidity causes fundamentalist religious belief, or whether fundamentalist religious belief causes a suppression of rational thought.

That is a serious question to me.

(Other religious members, please note that I referred only to "fundamentalist" beliefs .)

MatthewA

Evangelicalhumanist;

These are some of my thoughts just off the top of my head.

In the topical subject thus being; Someone whom may be trying to ride a congregation to either get them to tithe and give money; even up to certain amounts; if a person joins in the church, who is being ran by this someone; must conform to the doctrines of what that person may think ; and even to the point of misusing scriptures; and causing contentions rather than what the purpose of the scriptures are for which are ; to have hope in God and Jesus Christ; and have a changed life spiritually when it comes down to learning the bible. Religious bondage is not good.

The problem right here to me; to what is seen is the person who is talking about ' lies in books ' ~ is trying to sell an idea, and make a quick buckarooines and are in no way helping anyone increase in their knowledge in God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

If you are to worried about selling a product in order to make a quick buck for whatever is your want might be when it comes to an individuals business scam.

(I thought this guy was in church but he isn't I don't think and sometimes I think about preachers, or pastors doing this type of thing which he is doing; though not all preachers, or pastors are bad when it comes to teaching the word of God (And place people in bondage, and in a list of must do this, and must do that otherwise you are not loved by God) and not actually teaching what is being said in the word of God, and allowing people still have freedom to think even after sharing what they believe the message means.)

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
I couldn't help myself -- the kid in me simply had to post this! Honestly, watching the depths of the incredible stupidity of Kent Hovind is just too fascinating.

I don't think Kent Hovind is stupid, at least not that stupid. He knows that he is lying, but why should he stop when it pays his bills.
Stupid are the people still listening to him and paying to listen to him.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I have to admit that I have an ulterior motive in starting this thread. I am truly fascinated by the question about whether stupidity causes fundamentalist religious belief, or whether fundamentalist religious belief causes a suppression of rational thought.

That is a serious question to me.
Political brainwashing should be considered. Its very limiting to only study English speaking fundamentalists. Many people believing in free energy schemes. Many buy quack medicine, fall for cons. Many people believe their leader is an immortal god. Is their rational thought suppressed or are they born stupid?