• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rivers

exchemist

Veteran Member
There was an experiment done on water to see what effect speaking into it would cause.

Apparently, saying wonderful things changed the molecules into beautiful patterns, and saying angry things disformed them.

Water 'remembers' what you say, or at least the spirit you say it in, according to the study.
NAAAOOOOOOoooooooo.........!!!!! This has to be utter, utter BS.

Dear, dear George, for the love of God, don't go in for this! :facepalm:

This Emoto charlatan was never a scientist and is now dead, thank goodness.: Masaru Emoto - Wikipedia

o_Oo_Oo_O:)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
NAAAOOOOOOoooooooo.........!!!!! This has to be utter, utter BS.

Dear, dear George, for the love of God, don't go in for this! :facepalm:

This Emoto charlatan was never a scientist and is now dead, thank goodness.: Masaru Emoto - Wikipedia

o_Oo_Oo_O:)
Thanks for the link. I was under the impression this was well researched, but if its not, its not.

However, my brain got stuck on the utter and BS...

If udders are involved, it would be safer to claim it 'cow ****'.

Now I kinda wish I had a microscope to play around with.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Thanks for the link. I was under the impression this was well researched, but if its not, its not.

However, my brain got stuck on the utter and BS...

If udders are involved, it would be safer to claim it 'cow ****'.

Now I kinda wish I had a microscope to play around with.
The thing is, there are charlatans of numerous kinds making bizarre claims for water. The best known category of these is homeopathy. I had a long argument with a devotee of homeopathy on a science forum some years ago who claimed molecules of the active ingredient left a molecular imprint on the water molecules, very much as this Emoto fraud was saying. In the end I dug out some research on the time it takes for any given arrangement of water molecules at ambient temperature to completely randomise, ie. losing whatever information might have been in the arrangement. The time for this to take place is of the order of a femtoseconds, that is 10⁻¹⁵ seconds or a few millionths of a billionth of a second. This is because of the thermal motion of the molecules, bumping into each other, getting turned over, diffusing past each other, and generally jiggling about. So never mind the cow****, we do actually know these claims are horse****. :)

By the way you would need an electron microscope to observer water molecules directly. A water molecule is about a third of a billionth of a metre or, in American units, about 10 billionths of an inch.

River Sea

By the way you would need an electron microscope to observer water molecules directly. A water molecule is about a third of a billionth of a metre or, in American units, about 10 billionths of an inch.

I'd never heard of an electron microscope. So a releguar microscope will fail to see this; how come?

Perhaps it's more about the sound of speech, with each sentence having a different sound, and how sound affects the appearance of water.

"I hate you" is harsher sound than "I love you," which is softer. As a result, the water changes in response to the sound.

What Happen When Sound Form In Water - Cymatic Vibration

I wonder if any sea animals living in the sea communicates through cymatic vibrations?

I haven't looked into it further, but a quick online search reveals: 1) secret communication of sea animals; 2) vibration and animal communication.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'd never heard of an electron microscope. So a releguar microscope will fail to see this; how come?

Perhaps it's more about the sound of speech, with each sentence having a different sound, and how sound affects the appearance of water.

"I hate you" is harsher sound than "I love you," which is softer. As a result, the water changes in response to the sound.

What Happen When Sound Form In Water - Cymatic Vibration

I wonder if any sea animals living in the sea communicates through cymatic vibrations?

I haven't looked into it further, but a quick online search reveals: 1) secret communication of sea animals; 2) vibration and animal communication.
The wavelength of visible light is considerbly longer than the dimensions of a molecule. Visible light will therefore diffract round a molecule and will not be reflected from it. So it is impossible for a light microscope to form an image of a molecule.

The term cymatic refers to a type of standing wave surface vibration, made visible by the use of corn starch or other powders, or by liquids. The wave needs to be excited in order to persist. So if speech is made to produce a wave pattern on the surface of a liquid or solid, it will disappear as soon as the person stops speaking.

Surface waves are transverse. However sound is communicated by longitudinal waves. Therefore cymatic vibration is not a possible means of transmitting sound under water.

rocala

Rivers have always held meaning for me,
A great idea for a thread Vinayaka. Rivers have fascinated me since my early childhood. There is so much to them, the geography, ecology, history and yes, a spiritual dimension.

The nearest river to me is the Lea. One of my most treasured possessions is a 'Sacred River Lea T shirt.
SACRED RIVER LEA.jpg

rocala

This Emoto charlatan was never a scientist and is now dead, thank goodness.:

George, I was on a course some years back and found a book about this in their library. I did not have time to read it but glossing through it was hard to avoid seeing it as something well researched. People better qualified than me were taken in. Some time later I did a little research of my own and found, as exchemist says - BS.

RestlessSoul

A great idea for a thread Vinayaka. Rivers have fascinated me since my early childhood. There is so much to them, the geography, ecology, history and yes, a spiritual dimension.

The nearest river to me is the Lea. One of my most treasured possessions is a 'Sacred River Lea T shirt.View attachment 77269

Is that the Lea that divides East from North London, and flows into the Thames near Bow?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

The nearest river to me is the Lea. One of my most treasured possessions is a 'Sacred River Lea T shirt.View attachment 77269
I had to google it. I've never been to UK but the travel shows, and some TV shows have stunning scenery. Doc Martin, for example, demonstrates that. Why is it called the sacred Lea?

rocala

Is that the Lea that divides East from North London, and flows into the Thames near Bow?
Yes. It is the border between what was Middlesex and Essex. In the Bow area it is now the border between the London Boroughs of Tower Hamlets and Newham.
Why is it called the sacred Lea?
On youtube there are many videos made by John Rogers of his walks around London. In one he referred to the "sacred river Lea." I am hoping that there is a reason for this given in one of them.

As a child and young adult, I was often on buses crossing the river and I noticed that nearly everybody would look up from their newspapers and look at the river. It was special to me, this piece of nature cutting through a very industrialised area. I had read that King Alfred the Great was believed to have ambushed a Viking longship there.

The pre-Roman inhabitants of South-East England seemed to regard waterways as special, perhaps sacred. Certainly large numbers of artefacts were placed in water. It is then very possible that the Lea was used for this. This may be what John Rogers was referring to?

Here is one of his videos. I think that they are worth watching.

RestlessSoul

Yes. It is the border between what was Middlesex and Essex. In the Bow area it is now the border between the London Boroughs of Tower Hamlets and Newham.

On youtube there are many videos made by John Rogers of his walks around London. In one he referred to the "sacred river Lea." I am hoping that there is a reason for this given in one of them.

As a child and young adult, I was often on buses crossing the river and I noticed that nearly everybody would look up from their newspapers and look at the river. It was special to me, this piece of nature cutting through a very industrialised area. I had read that King Alfred the Great was believed to have ambushed a Viking longship there.

The pre-Roman inhabitants of South-East England seemed to regard waterways as special, perhaps sacred. Certainly large numbers of artefacts were placed in water. It is then very possible that the Lea was used for this. This may be what John Rogers was referring to?

Here is one of his videos. I think that they are worth watching.

Have you seen the Battersea shield, in the British Museum? A ceremonial bronze shield, about 2,600 years old apparently, and believed to have been left in the Thames as a gift to the river gods.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. what about it makes it important, and do you have a particular affinity to any river, ..
My sacred river is Luni in Rajasthan, the only one where I was born. It literally means salty, or we can also say 'beautiful' (Lavanyavati). It is a seasonal river, but is important for Thar desert. It falls into the Rann of Kutch, a salt marsh which had seen better days when even the Indus joined the sea there. It has many Indus valley civilizarion archaeological sites.

Gujrat_Indus.png
360_F_572553583_8jqO0Uq56zmcQC2R2CGj6F3xgrqWWyF0.jpg
Lyari-Riverbed-3.jpg
DSC03385.JPG
little-runn-of-kutch_5.jpg

Last edited:

rocala

I have been looking around on the internet and it seems that sacred rivers may share a common origin with sacred wells. Such celebrations have survived in parts of England and other countries too. It is believed to be pre-Christian.
I started a thread about it last year.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum.

Rivers have always held meaning for me, and for Hindus. The Ganges, especially is known as India's sacred river, but there are more. There are many legends and ideas associated with it, and the essence of it's waters gets invoked all over the world in daily ritual. The Cauvery, Yamuna, Saraswati, are also important.

People, as individuals, can often say 'my river' about a particular river, small, large, etc.

The Nile was sacred to the Egyptians.
So ... which rivers are important to your religion, what about it makes it important, and do you have a particular affinity to any river, or do you feel spiritually connected to one in some way?

(Maybe there's more that one thread here.)
I like the mystique with the fictional river Styx.

River Sea

What are your thoughts on freeing the "Ganga River"?

For more information, watch the video below.

In 2018 Swami Sanand fasted for 111 days and passed away after being forcibly dragged to the hospital where he died within 24 hours.

This was to keep the Ganga River flowing and not have a hydropower dam.

How come fasting is needed to communicate?

River Sea

As a child and young adult, I was often on buses crossing the river and I noticed that nearly everybody would look up from their newspapers and look at the river. It was special to me
I can picture this scene when reading what you shared.