• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rittenhouse. What an American Hero. Will Biden apologise?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't ya just love it when people try to make up their own definitions!

crim·i·nal
/ˈkrim(ə)n(ə)l/

noun
  1. a person who has committed a crime.
    "these men are dangerous criminals"

kill·er
/ˈkilər/

noun
  1. 1.
    a person or thing that kills.
    "police are still searching for the killer"

Don't ya just love it when someone settles for the most simple-minded explanations because they're the only ones that support their position? ;)

Suave

Simulated character
"Beautiful colorfully skinned people"? That sounds quite racist to me, and I'm not white myself.

Putting non-white people on a pedestal is racist too, as is automatically associating being white with racism or privilege.

I disagree with the notion that me considering colored skin as being beautiful is an act of racism by me. That being stated, I realize some people might take offense to me considering colored skin to be beautiful, so then after this post, I will refrain from referring to people of color as beautiful-colorfully skinned people.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I disagree with the notion that me considering colored skin as being beautiful is an act of racism by me. That being stated, I realize some people might take offense to me considering colored skin to be beautiful, so then after this post, I will refrain from referring to people of color as beautiful-colorfully skinned people.

That wasn't my point. One can consider any given features to be beautiful, including specific skin tones, without being racist. My point is that in this context, mentioning "beautiful" and "colorfully skinned" has nothing to do with the topic unless one considers these features to be somehow relevant to their political position.

Suave

Simulated character
And you don't see the problem with that?
It's like if I said predominantly Black communities must hate other races because the people living there are mostly black.
The discriminatory lending practice of red-lining is why blacks are often confined to inner city neighborhoods. What is the reason that the Proud Boys are by and large white angry men?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don't think that anyone whom is even remotely familiar with many of these militia groups doubts for one minute that so many are white supremacists. It' not like they suddenly just appeared and that we know nothing about them.

So, who are the main defenders of the racist ones? That's easy to answer: Donald J. Trump and a great many in his base.

Racial views of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think that anyone whom is even remotely familiar with many of these militia groups doubts for one minute that so many are white supremacists.
How familiar are you with people in militia groups?
You don't seem the type to socialize with them.
Or are you just getting impressions from media?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I am glad to see their leader to be a person of color, now I'd like to see more people of color become Proud Boys too.
Lol, so they aren't white supremacists after all? Because why would anyone but a white blonde haired person want to join if they were?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I don't think that anyone whom is even remotely familiar with many of these militia groups doubts for one minute that so many are white supremacists. It' not like they suddenly just appeared and that we know nothing about them.

So, who are the main defenders of the racist ones? That's easy to answer: Donald J. Trump and a great many in his base.

Racial views of Donald Trump - Wikipedia
Hmm...my Jewish friend is very much in favor of the militias. I doubt that would be the case if he thought they were anti semitic.

Suave

Simulated character
Lol, so they aren't white supremacists after all? Because why would anyone but a white blonde haired person want to join if they were?
Well what if they were disguising themselves as being non white supremacists by allowing a person of color to be their token black person Proud Boy member?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Well what if they were disguising themselves as being non white supremacists by allowing a person of color to be their token black person Proud Boy member?
Why would you just make up such a silly thing? Because the media has convinced you that all militias are composed of White supremacists?

Suave

Simulated character
Why would you just make up such a silly thing? Because the media has convinced you that all militias are composed of White supremacists?
Please don't doubt me as being very liberal minded, however even I can't help but notice some militia groups consisting of being more than 95 percent angry white men who round up one of their few persons of color with whom they parade around in order to fend off the notion of them being racists.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
People of colour can still lend support to institutions and organizations that support white supremacy. The Proud Boys are a clear an unambiguous example of a group founded on white supremacist ideology, who exist to agitate civil rights groups and provide militarized support for white supremacists. More recently, their focus has shifted away from racial politics and more onto broadly "angry young men" and open misogynists incorporating people of various races into the group. Make no mistake, though. Whatever the colour or stated aims of the group, they ultimately provide support and protection for the dominant white supremacist positions and movements.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
To me, "murder" suggests some sort of premeditated intent. I've yet to see anything to suggest to me that Rittenhouse went to Kenosha with the intention of hurting anyone.
If he didn't outright have the intention of hurting anyone, his conduct that night and immediately before certainly suggests that he was open to the idea of hurting people.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Hmm...my Jewish friend is very much in favor of the militias. I doubt that would be the case if he thought they were anti semitic.
We are all different, thus within any particular group there are going to be exceptions. But one thing I know is that many to most of these militia groups tend to be ultra-right and racist oriented. If any one of my kids or grandkids were to belong to them, I would consider myself to be at least somewhat of a failure as a parent and a grandparent.

Thus, I am not the one who's doing the stereotyping here. If you want to give them a "free pass", that's on you.