• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rittenhouse. What an American Hero. Will Biden apologise?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So let neighborhoods be destroyed and good people be beaten for no reason to save ourselves from any danger?
I saw what was actually happening in Kenosha that night. They needed all the defenders they could get.

And if people would have stayed away then what, no beating just a bunch of idiots looking rather silly.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Lol, I would certainly be armed if I was going to defend any area against rioters. Only a fool would not be.
That makes him wise, not violent.

Only a bigger fool would deliberately go into a riot. Unless of course provocation was the intention.

That makes him what? You really believe that?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Probably because that isn't in my position.

There's nothing implicit in voicing support for cops that implies rejection of support for civil rights for black people. Where that comes in is in:

- how Blue Lives Matter was specifically started as a response to Black Lives Matter.

Calling it "a response" to BLM seems like a vague and ambiguous statement.

For that matter I'm wondering what the term "response" is even supposed to mean in this context, and why it's automatically to be taken as a bad thing.

To mimic something isn't usually automatically seen as an attack or an attempt to mock or undermine.

Blue Lives Matter was founded to address an emerging trend of violence towards police after the murders if two ny police officers.

Not seeing how this is a "response" to BLM, even without any clarification as to what the term is supposed to imply or why it should be considered a point against them.

Even the very name of the movement refers to Black Lives Matter. They both literally and figuratively removed the "Black" and replaced it with "Blue."

They didn't "remove Black" from Black Lives Mater. Go look, it's still there. ;)

- the actions done by the Blue Lives matter movement. They've proven that they aren't just about safeguarding the lives and well-being of police officers; they're also the flag that people rally to when they're against, say, disciplining cops for unwarranted violence against black people, or against structural changes to combat racism on police forces.

Can you give a few examples?

Black Lives Matter is about trying to stop the cops from killing as many black people as they do right now. More often than not, Blue Lives Matter is about opposing the measures proposed to achieve BLM's goal.

For instance?

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character
But you don't explain what is the determining factor either.
The determining factor by me for identifying a large group's racial bias is if the group has mostly fair skinned people in contrast to having mostly beautiful colorfully skinned people. Hence, a group like the Proud Boys seems to me to be very racially biased towards white privilege.

ed0a756508c150e793b423ebdde5724c

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
The determining factor by me for identifying a large group's racial bias is if the group has mostly fair skinned people in contrast to having mostly beautiful colorfully skinned people. Hence, a group like the Proud Boys seems to me to be very racially biased towards white privilege.

Lol, so you use racism to determine who is racist.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

What the??? o_O This post is racist as hell.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Like a firefighter going into a fire is apparently a fool? Protectors run towards danger in order to protect the innocent.

Something of a difference between a firefighter and a riot don't you think?

Children with guns are not protectors. But can be easily become killers

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So let neighborhoods be destroyed and good people be beaten for no reason to save ourselves from any danger?
I saw what was actually happening in Kenosha that night. They needed all the defenders they could get.
It's not his job or your job to act as a pretend police officer.