• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP two of my favorite creators

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I found out on Thursday that Andrew Clements, one of my favorite authors, passed away last November.
He wrote a lot of great books, including: Frindle, The School Story, The Report Card, and many more. His writing was excellent and included great plots and excellent character development, with characters that were really relatable. I still enjoy re-reading his books.

Tonight I found out that Albert Uderzo passed away five days ago from a non-coronavirus-related heart attack. Uderzo was one of the co-creators of the awesome Asterix comics, along with Rene Goscinny who passed away over forty years ago. A number of years after Goscinny died, Uderzo wrote and drew "Asterix and The Black Gold" in Goscinny's memory. Goscinny was Jewish and "The Black Gold" takes place in the Middle East, especially in Judea of that time (50 BCE) and is filled with Jewish jokes.
A few years ago two new artists took over the Asterix legacy, so perhaps in a year or two, there'll be a comic dedicated to Uderzo.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I found out on Thursday that Andrew Clements, one of my favorite authors, passed away last November.
He wrote a lot of great books, including: Frindle, The School Story, The Report Card, and many more. His writing was excellent and included great plots and excellent character development, with characters that were really relatable. I still enjoy re-reading his books.

Tonight I found out that Albert Uderzo passed away five days ago from a non-coronavirus-related heart attack. Uderzo was one of the co-creators of the awesome Asterix comics, along with Rene Goscinny who passed away over forty years ago. A number of years after Goscinny died, Uderzo wrote and drew "Asterix and The Black Gold" in Goscinny's memory. Goscinny was Jewish and "The Black Gold" takes place in the Middle East, especially in Judea of that time (50 BCE) and is filled with Jewish jokes.
A few years ago two new artists took over the Asterix legacy, so perhaps in a year or two, there'll be a comic dedicated to Uderzo.
Yes the Asterix stories have been a mainstay of our Anglo-French household ever since our son was born - and before that were also part of the furniture in my wife's family in Paris. Very funny and actually mildly educational too. The English translations by Anthea Bell are in some ways even funnier than the originals (a personal favourite is the Roman general Gluteus Maximus.).