• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Christopher Hitchens

Renji

Given that atheism is simply a lack of being theistic, an inanimate object could be considered atheist.
A child could be raised to be anti-theist, this is true. But raising a child to be atheist is something one would find difficult to do.

I'm not necessarily saying that a child "can be raised" atheists but, aren't there factors that may influence them?

Photonic

Ad astra!
I'm not necessarily saying that a child "can be raised" atheists but, aren't there factors that may influence them?

Again, they can be influenced to possibly be anti-theist. That is absolutely possible. Or raised to be agnostic, which would mean they simply think the question of God can't be answered or don't know either way.

Renji

Again, they can be influenced to possibly be anti-theist. That is absolutely possible. Or raised to be agnostic, which would mean they simply think the question of God can't be answered or don't know either way.

Okay then. That's fair enough.:)

waitasec

Veteran Member
He was fearless in the pursuit of truth and any cause in which he believed. And there was no belief he held, that he did not advocate with passion, commitment and brilliance. He was an extraordinary, compelling and colorful human being whom it was a privilege to know." -- former British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Matthew78

aspiring biblical scholar
He was fearless in the pursuit of truth and any cause in which he believed. And there was no belief he held, that he did not advocate with passion, commitment and brilliance. He was an extraordinary, compelling and colorful human being whom it was a privilege to know." -- former British Prime Minister Tony Blair

I guess Mr. Blair is also a racist, a hate-monger, and a neocon policy maker! :p

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
He was on record for being ok for people of faith to pray for him. As long as it meant praying for his recovery and not his conversion.

Although, I'm not entirely sure if that included praying for his soul.

waitasec

Veteran Member
He was on record for being ok for people of faith to pray for him. As long as it meant praying for his recovery and not his conversion.

Although, I'm not entirely sure if that included praying for his soul.

i don't think he believed in a soul in the same sense as you do.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
i don't think he believed in a soul in the same sense as you do.

1. You don't know what I believe........you just think you do.

2. I'm almost POSITIVE he didn't believe in a soul (if at all) in any way similar to mine.

My only point was IF he were to entertain the existance of a soul, I'm not sure he'd see that as "conversion" per se.