• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Christopher Hitchens

Photonic

Ad astra!
That is just distasteful, it doesn't even compare. Hussein was no Hitler. You can't even compare the imperialist war on Iraq with the war against Fascism

Yes I can, because unlike you I don't see them as any different. Especially considering the fascism bit.

Bismillah

Submit
That is just distasteful, it doesn't even compare. Hussein was no Hitler. You can't even compare the imperialist war on Iraq with the war against Fascism
And I wonder why all these interventionist "humanitarians" didn't take issue with Saddam's misdeed until a full decade after he had committed them? Was it because it was too embarrassing to admit that in many cases Western powers had facilitated these actions? After that fact sinks in any argument that America has the right to set foot in that country is obviously off.

If anything ever was obvious it was that this war was never intended to be one for humane reasons. Alas foreign intervention never is.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
I hope no one minds me repeating my sentiment from the other Hitchens thread. He was mainly a sensationalist, and it seems he liked intentionally inflaming and offending people in the name of free thinking. I really enjoyed some of his articles, often agreed with a premise but not the conclusion, or vice versa, and thought he was brilliant at expressing opinions and selling books. I don't think he cared much whether he was actually right, though. To quote one of his articles, "If I am correct about this, which I am..."

Last edited:

Photonic

Ad astra!
And I wonder why all these interventionist "humanitarians" didn't take issue with Saddam's misdeed until a full decade after he had committed them? Was it because it was too embarrassing to admit that in many cases Western powers had facilitated these actions? After that fact sinks in any argument that America has the right to set foot in that country is obviously off.

If anything ever was obvious it was that this war was never intended to be one for humane reasons. Alas foreign intervention never is.

So it's ok when the US experiences loss of life, but it's not ok when the rest of the world does.

Careful, your bias is showing.

tarasan

So it's ok when the US experiences loss of life, but it's not ok when the rest of the world does.

really? because clearly your the only one who is seeing it, I have no idea how you got this response from what he said...

Photonic

Ad astra!
really? because clearly your the only one who is seeing it, I have no idea how you got this response from what he said...

Simple explanation, I'm playing devil's advocate because these guys are showing some extreme disrespect towards someone who has recently passed away, I find that to be a disgusting position to hold. I don't even disrespect members of the extremists who are now dead with such disgusting words.

tarasan

Simple explanation, I'm playing devil's advocate because these guys are showing some extreme disrespect towards someone who has recently passed away, I find that to be a disgusting position to hold. I don't even disrespect members of the extremists who are now dead with such disgusting words.

mate im sorry but reading things that your saying.....

your quite frankly just as bad...

Bismillah

Submit
Photonic said:
When was the U.S experiencing a loss of life when half a million children starved to death in Iraq because of American embargoes? And what share did Iraq have to blame for 9/11 to the point where you kill 600,000 injure scores more, displace scores more, and leave the country polarized among three armed factions?
My bais? **** you if you think that I place the nationality of one human above another, if anything I am against any loss of life.
There's nothing disgusting about holding a man accountable for his imperialist views.

Photonic

Ad astra!
When was the U.S experiencing a loss of life when half a million children starved to death in Iraq because of American embargoes? And what share did Iraq have to blame for 9/11 to the point where you kill 600,000 injure scores more, displace scores more, and leave the country polarized among three armed factions?My bais? **** you if you think that I place the nationality of one human above another, if anything I am against any loss of life.There's nothing disgusting about holding a man accountable for his imperialist views.

Now, if you are against the loss of life, why do you find a need to be glad of his passing?

waitasec

Veteran Member

obviously he got to them :yes:

such vitriol comes from resentment.

good ;)

tarasan

Do you really think I hold such perverse positions? Or maybe I'm doing this too well, in which I will take the reactions as a compliment.

actually yes I do because unlike Socrates this is an internet sight where all I can do is read what your say!!!

there is no tone, or facial expressions for me to read no way to tell if your being genuine or not. All I have to go on is your words.

And they have not been good.

tarasan

They were not supposed to be.

I know because #

a) you meant it.

or b) you were playing devils advocate....

more likely than not you saw the bind you were in and took advantage of the 2d conversation you were having, I mean what else am I to believe? given that you made no hint before you were called on it??