• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Christopher Hitchens

tarasan

And you keep believing that. Keep dishing the one liners. It's a good workout on the spiritual level.

i take offence to that

spouting one liners is NOT good on the spiritual level, I despise Christians who constantly use little one liners as in thats a replacement for serious faith....

Bismillah

Submit
Disgusting.
I'll tell you what's disgusting shall I? Not his "acidic" or "witty" one-liners that so many atheists rejoiced over and emulated in style both on and off this forum, nor his generalizations and dismissing of theology. I don't care at all what this man or his legions thought.

What I do care is his advocacy of foreign intervention and neocon agenda and his backing of the illegal war crime that is Iraq. He and people like him who advocate and mislead the ignorant patriotic masses first and foremost bear the blood of the people of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.

As someone from the places he advocated bombing, you can take your disgusting and shove it.

That said Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Last edited:

CynthiaCypher

Last I checked he didn't claim that the death of someone because of their opinion on something was a "good thing."

Bombing Afghanistan back into the Stone Age was quite a favourite headline for some wobbly liberals. The slogan does all the work. But an instant thought that Afghanistan is being, if anything, bombed OUT of the Stone Age - Christopher Hitchens, Daily Mirror

Last time i looked, bombing killed people

Last edited:

Photonic

Ad astra!
I'll tell you what's disgusting shall I? Not his "acidic" or "witty" one-liners that so many atheists rejoiced over and emulated in style both on and off this forum, nor his generalizations and dismissing of theology. I don't care at all what this man or his legions thought.

What I do care is his advocacy of foreign intervention and neocon agenda and his backing of the illegal war crime that is Iraq. He and people like him who advocate and mislead the ignorant patriotic masses first and foremost bear the blood of the people of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.

As someone from the places he advocated bombing, you can take your disgusting and shove it.

That said Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Ok, you want to play that game.

Warning: Graphic content.

[youtube]wJR3keih6CQ[/youtube]
Poor Muslim Girl Siddqa Is Stoned To Death By Evil! Islamic Sharia Law YouTube - YouTube

Moral of this, if you want to spew propaganda, you can expect worse.

CynthiaCypher

Nor does his opinion on disgusting represent that which he speaks of, so can we all agree not to go down this ridiculous path?

If you want to go down this path I am ready. Facts are Hitchens advocated and engendered support for Bush's wars, you can't escape that

Photonic

Ad astra!
If you want to go down this path I am ready. Facts are Hitchens advocated and engendered support for Bush's wars, you can't escape that

He advocated the removal of a Stalin-esque individual that was put in place by the US Government in the past.

I fail to see how his endorsement of the removal of such a heinous individual is a bad thing.

Again, as I have said repeatedly, he also considered the war over in 2003.

Had he continued supporting after 2003, I could give you credit for the fault in his character, but I will still never support celebrating the death of such an individual as you have.

CynthiaCypher

He advocated the removal of a Stalin-esque individual that was put in place by the US Government in the past.

I fail to see how his endorsement of the removal of such a heinous individual is a bad thing.

Had he continued supporting after 2003, I could give you credit for the fault in his character, but I will still never support celebrating the death of such an individual as you have.

It wrong because all nations deserved the right to self-bettemination. The US should not be in the business of regime change, Hitch advocated that and he was wrong. Want me to get into what his opinion was of the Arab Spring...pretty racist stuff there

Bismillah

Submit
Photonic said:
Moral of this, if you want to spew propaganda, you can expect worse.
Mind telling just what the hell I am supposed to take from that video? If you want to tell me this is a part of the Shari'ah then you are horrendously misinformed.

Propaganda? The Iraq war was illegal and the reasons for it were crafted and false by a government that had been planning on doing so prior to 9/11. Hitchens was an advocate for that war and many others as he was an advocate for the war in Afghanistan which has nothing to do with why the war in Afghanistan was launched in the first place. FYI the NWA is no better than the Taliban.

The man was a neocon and his propaganda and justifications for an interventionist policy were what was and still is "disgusting".
Nor does his opinion on disgusting represent that which he speaks of, so can we all agree not to go down this ridiculous path.
No an illegal inhumane war is disgusting, if you aren't human enough to see that no skin off my teeth.
And what this was a one causulty operation? Or have you not seen the death and destruction wrought by such a foolhardy policy.
I'll give you more than six hundred thousand reasons from a humanitarian stand point alone. If you want to talk about the legality or effectiveness of the war that is fine as well.

Cute, I'm sure he was on the carrier when Bush declared it Mission Accomplished as well? The war never was over in 2003 and the vast majority of people had yet to die at the hands of policy makers such as our late esteemed Hitchens.

Because it matters what dates he arbitrarily chose? Let me tell you how reality works buddy, you overthrow a government you get anarchy. Hitchens and his kin advocated the breaking of a dam which led to sectarian violence and the complete disintegration of Iraq. I don't give a **** when he said the war was over, it wasn't over then and it still isn't over because Iraqis are still dying, being maimed, and dealing with the fallout of the Americans illegally invading and toppling their government 2003 be damned.

Last edited:

Photonic

Ad astra!
Mind telling just what the hell I am supposed to take from that video? If you want to tell me this is a part of the Shari'ah then you are horrendously misinformed.

Propaganda? The Iraq war was illegal and the reasons for it were crafted and false by a government that had been planning on doing so prior to 9/11. Hitchens was an advocate for that war and many others as he was an advocate for the war in Afghanistan which has nothing

The man was a neocon and his propaganda and justifications for an interventionist policy were what was and still is "disgusting".No an illegal inhumane war is disgusting, if you aren't human enough to see that no skin off my teeth.

The inhuman one here is you, you who would celebrate the death of an individual because of their opinion and not their actions.

Photonic

Ad astra!
It wrong because all nations deserved the right to self-bettemination. The US should not be in the business of regime change, Hitch advocated that and he was wrong. Want me to get into what his opinion was of the Arab Spring...pretty racist stuff there

Godwins law but yea, we should have just let Hitler eradicate those Jews. After all, Germany had a right to self-determination.

Bismillah

Submit
The inhuman one here is you, you who would celebrate the death of an individual because of their opinion and not their actions.
Those opinions can and do get people killed kiddo.

**** him and **** every single interventionist the war hawks produce.

Bismillah

Submit
We should have stayed longer.
Economic embargo leading to the deaths of half a million children and then another round of war killing more than another half million isn't enough?

Your attempt to incite is pitiful and reflective of the man you are trying to defend.

CynthiaCypher

Godwins law but yea, we should have just let Hitler eradicate those Jews. After all, Germany had a right to self-determination.

That is just distasteful, it doesn't even compare. Hussein was no Hitler. You can't even compare the imperialist war on Iraq with the war against Fascism