• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rioters may be getting Republicans re-elected.

Wandering Monk

The protests nationwide in the US over George Floyd's death have morphed into riots over black oppression by police.

The problem is, when people see this happening, particularly in cities with Democratic mayors. they have historically voted for the Law and Order party. That would be Republicans.

Ironically, what started as a protests over legitimate issues will work AGAINST the cause if the riots continue.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
The protests nationwide in the US over George Floyd's death have morphed into riots over black oppression by police.

The problem is, when people see this happening, particularly in cities with Democratic mayors. they have historically voted for the Law and Order party. That would be Republicans.

Ironically, what started has a protest over legitimate issues will work AGAINST the cause if the riots continue.
This would be my fear, too.

Etritonakin

Ironically, what started as a protests over legitimate issues will work AGAINST the cause if the riots continue.

Unfortunately, one of the most difficult things for humans to do is stop the pendulum and address specific issues. That goes for every side of every issue.

Heyo

Veteran Member
At this point something must be done that's bipartisan. The election be damned.
I see two major problems:

1. People who are not mentally appropriate for the job get into the police force.
2. DAs and judges are often reluctant to sentence officers as they would any other person.

Any politician who can offer a solution to those problems is going to enhance her/his chances of election.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I remember in the 2016 election after all the Ferguson riots and whatnot media racial blowups a most unlikely character got elected president (Donald Trump).

In my analysis at the time I thought this white backlash was a factor without which Hillary Clinton would have won. It doesn't take much in an election that razor close.

averageJOE

zombie

Fun Facts:
DA Mike Freeman, the prosecutor who is not arresting these 4 officers, is a Democrat.
Amy Klobuchar, top pick for VP, failed to prosecute this same cop in 2006 for killing an unarmed man, is a Democrat.
Kamala Harris, contender for VP, kept in innocent man on death row, put thousands of people in prison for weed, advocated for more prisons than schools, proudly used inmates for slave labor, is a Democrat.
And of course, Joe Biden, who wrote the 1994 Crime bill that gave birth to this type of "policing", is a Democrat.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

A riot is never a protest; it is a criminal act. There are black families in the area that, I'm sure, would rather have law and order--even in light of this horrible police incident--in their neighborhoods instead of living in fear of these street thugs. BTW, it is very early in the investigation of this officer. I don't think you should waste a good riot until there has been some cogent reason to burn down the police station and loot the local target.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

The police brutality brings out the protesters. The protests bring out the anarchists. The anarchists break and burn stuff. The protesters get blamed, labeled. The racists say “I told you so.” The racism leads to police brutality...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A riot is never a protest; it is a criminal act. There are black families in the area that, I'm sure, would rather have law and order--even in light of this horrible police incident--in their neighborhoods instead of living in fear of these street thugs. BTW, it is very early in the investigation of this officer. I don't think you should waste a good riot until there has been some cogent reason to burn down the police station and loot the local target.
We should also note that protesters have shot each other during this.
Louisville rampant with their violence towards each other.

PureX

Veteran Member
It's hard to discern, given your subtlety, but
I begin to suspect that you dislike Republicans.
They aren't even republicans, anymore. I have respect for society's need for both it's conservative and it's liberal locomotions. Both are necessary to maintaining a strong yet adaptable culture in a quick and ever-changing environment. But what's now being labeled "conservatism" is not conservatism at all. It's radicalized selfishness and all-around idiocy pretending to be 'modern conservatism'. And this wave of selfish idiocy has been sponsored, echoed, and fueled at every opportunity mainly by the republican party, because the republican party can't get it's candidates elected on the platform of serving any and every desire of their rich sponsors. Which is, in fact, it's one and only real political agenda.

Heyo

Veteran Member
The police brutality brings out the protesters. The protests bring out the anarchists rioters. The anarchists rioters break and burn stuff. The protesters get blamed, labeled. The racists say “I told you so.” The racism leads to police brutality...
Fixed that for you.

Wandering Monk

Another element that gives me pause: so far white supremists and super-patriot 2A freaks have not showed up on the streets.

If they suddenly decide it is up to them to restore law and order, this could get extremely violent.

Heyo

Veteran Member
They aren't even republicans, anymore. I have respect for society's need for both it's conservative and it's liberal locomotions. Both are necessary to maintaining a strong yet adaptable culture in a quick and ever-changing environment. But what's now being labeled "conservatism" is not conservatism at all. It's radicalized selfishness and all-around idiocy pretending to be 'modern conservatism'. And this wave of selfish idiocy has been sponsored, echoed, and fueled at every opportunity mainly by the republican party, because the republican party can't get it's candidates elected on the platform of serving any and every desire of their rich sponsors. Which is, in fact, it's one and only real political agenda.
Yep. And the democrats aren't much better. Look at the political compass of some of the currently interesting politicians (at the 2:00 mark):

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
It's hard to discern, given your subtlety, but
I begin to suspect that you dislike Republicans.
I just might agree... it is definitely a cookie cutter party... no-one is different... like the Republican LGBT and the regular conservative... just one big cookie cutter. :)

PureX

Veteran Member
Yep. And the democrats aren't much better.
But the democrats aren't deliberately stirring up religious zealots, racists, fascists, anarchists, and any other hyperactive nut-job out there to try and get them worked up and hateful enough against the democrats to vote for their horrible republican candidates. I agree the democratic candidates are no less corrupt toadies for their rich patrons. But at least they aren't fostering all manner of social dissolution and insanity just to win elections.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
But the democrats aren't deliberately stirring up religious zealots, racists, fascists, anarchists, and any other hyperactive nut-job out there to try and get them worked up and hateful enough against the democrats to vote for their horrible republican candidates. I agree the democratic candidates are no less corrupt, toadies for their rich patrons. But at least they aren't fostering all manner of social dissolution and insanity just to win elections.

Hmmm...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...ng-trump-officials-should-be-harassed-n886311

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just might agree... it is definitely a cookie cutter party... no-one is different... like the Republican LGBT and the regular conservative... just one big cookie cutter. :)
Life is so much less stressful for me.
I don't hate Republicans, Democrats, or even Greens.
Some in each are OK.