• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rioter Who Threw Fire Extinguisher at Police Arrested

Cooky

Veteran Member
Let's all not forget to keep in mind that these rioters are only loosely tied together, and are not a part of any formal, organized group. Just wanted to point that out for everyone to know, as an "FYI".

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
[
Let's all not forget to keep in mind that these rioters are only loosely tied together, and are not a part of any formal, organized group. Just wanted to point that out for everyone to know, as an "FYI".

From what I've read, there were several groups involved. Proud Boys for sure. Their leader has been arrested for crimes committed while on the scene. Who else? I don't know. One big question is whether and in what manner was there any overall coordination or leadership.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Generally, yes, but some of them seemed pretty well organized.

Heyo

Veteran Member
[

From what I've read, there were several groups involved. Proud Boys for sure. Their leader has been arrested for crimes committed while on the scene. Who else? I don't know. One big question is whether and in what manner was there any overall coordination or leadership.
Once you have a mob headed in a direction, coordination and leadership becomes difficult (and useless). The goal is to use the chaos. You only need a handful of people who know what they are doing. They can do what they came for and even expect help from the mob when they ask.
But unless the goal was "create chaos", the informed actors (if there were any) seem to have been pretty incompetent. They delayed the counting for a few hours and that was all.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Once you have a mob headed in a direction, coordination and leadership becomes difficult (and useless). The goal is to use the chaos. You only need a handful of people who know what they are doing. They can do what they came for and even expect help from the mob when they ask.
But unless the goal was "create chaos", the informed actors (if there were any) seem to have been pretty incompetent. They delayed the counting for a few hours and that was all.

It's rapidly emerging there was in all likelihood extensive and foresighted planning, preparations, and on the scene, active leadership. To be sure, it appears at this 'early hour' that only a portion of the insurrectionists were being purposely led, and that perhaps most were more or less 'going with the flow' or behaving spontaneously.

A whole lot remains unknown. But I would not at this point be in the least surprised if it turns out the insurrectionist mob contained groups embedded within it that had clear goals and objectives, well informed, workable plans how to achieve those goals and objectives, and on the spot leaders to see to the execution of those plans.

The F.B.I. recently sent out an alert to police departments and law enforcement agencies nationwide to warn them that the 'peaceful armed marches' which will begin on January 17th are likely to have such groups embedded within them.

This is pure speculation, but if in some alternative universe, I were doing the planning for the'p 51 peaceful armed marches, I would task some of those embedded groups with ginning up the mob and initiating violence as a diversion, while I would task the remaining groups with accomplishing whatever specific objectives I had for them to achieve while the bulk of the police, national guard, etc was focused on the mob. I don't think it takes a rocket-scientist to see the opportunity there.

You know, I'm as dumb as a sack of bricks, but if someone invited me to come "armed" to a "peaceful protest march", I would hope that at some point the thought just might occur to me to wonder for a moment whether I was falling into a trap designed to make me someone's pawn.

Heyo

Veteran Member
A whole lot remains unknown. But I would not at this point be in the least surprised if it turns out the insurrectionist mob contained groups embedded within it that had clear goals and objectives, well informed, workable plans how to achieve those goals and objectives, and on the spot leaders to see to the execution of those plans.
At least some came prepared. Knowledge of the building, climbing gear, tear gas, etc. My question remains, what were their objectives. If I had led the heist, I wouldn't have left without the ballot box.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If I had led the heist, I wouldn't have left without the ballot box.

Good guess. We might know someday, maybe sooner than we expect. But it would be surreal if the ballots were not on their list. It's clear that a few individuals declared their intention to kill Pelosi, Pence, or others. But I have seen no evidence yet they were part of an organized group with such an objective on 1/6.

So far, the most concerning report I myself have heard about the planned objectives of any of the insurrectionists comes from a staff member who claims to have witnessed a group bypass the route to Jim Clyburn's public office without any pause or hesitation, and instead take the route that leads to Jim Clyburn's secret office. Whatever happened, it's a fact his secret office was somehow 'discovered', entered, and trashed. Clyburn is the third ranking Democrat in the House, and his secret office is said to be off the beaten path. Not somewhere you'd be likely to end up unless you knew its location.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
At least some came prepared. Knowledge of the building, climbing gear, tear gas, etc. My question remains, what were their objectives. If I had led the heist, I wouldn't have left without the ballot box.
I think the ballot box(es) were taken away to be secured so not available to the mob.