• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rik Mayall fans!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Any Rik Mayall fans out there?
I was actually introduced to Mr Mayall rather innocently. Though an audiobook of a children’s book of all things.
(George’s Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl.)
Incidentally I was introduced to Nigel Planer of the Young Ones fame through his voice over work as “Uncle Grizzly” from the TV adaptation of Grizzly Tales for Gruesome kids.
So apparently my childhood is replete with foul mouthed Brit comedians doing voice over for vulgar British children’s stories. Who knew?
Anyway, (P)Rik Mayall is considered something of a comedy legend in Britain, as far as I can tell.
So discuss. Share favourite bits and laugh at the alternative comedy of the sadly passed Rik.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
I first got to like him as Kevin Turvey; he did a monologue on some show that I can't remember... (on edit - A Kick Up the 80s)

Here's an example...