1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right Wing Conservatives are Terrorists?

Discussion in 'North American Politics' started by Reverend Rick, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Reverend Rick

Reverend Rick Frubal Whore Staff Member Premium Member

zippythepinhead likes this.
  2. Lindsey-Loo

Lindsey-Loo Steel Magnolia

Well, there you go. Looks like I'm a terrorist. :spit:

If studies like these begin to be taken seriously by the government, it looks to me that a 'legal' basis could be provided to arrest any right-wingers who don't support the government on suspicion of terrorism. I'm not a radical conspiracy kind of person, but that article scared me.

3. tomspug

tomspug Absorbant

Wait, when did being pro-state rights become an extreme viewpoint? I always assumed that was called being an American?

Edit: I just realized that's a blog, so I'm not going to take it too seriously. Obviously, they are NOT targeting conservatives and libertarians in general, but are referring to 'far-right' views like white-power groups, anarchists,militia men, etc. Honestly, I doubt Homeland Security would prefer this to be news. Don't we want ANY fringe group to be monitored for our own protection?

Federal agency warns of radicals on right - Washington Times

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
    Alceste and Lindsey-Loo like this.
  4. Reverend Rick

Reverend Rick Frubal Whore Staff Member Premium Member

I especially like where we should keep and eye on veterans.

5. Lindsey-Loo

Lindsey-Loo Steel Magnolia

Yes, indeed. I was wondering that myself. Didn't we fight a war over the goverment trying to take away states' rights back in 1860? :yes:

6. Smoke

Smoke Done here.

Uh ... you lost that war, babe.

7. J Bryson

J Bryson New Member

They mostly seemed to be talking about the McVeigh types, who we may see a resurgence of in response to the moderate-liberal swing of the majority of the voting public.

8. Smoke

Smoke Done here.

Anyway, Rick, it seems to me that what goes around, comes around. You weren't at all bothered by domestic spying when you thought it was just targeting liberals. :D

The Voice of Reason likes this.
  9. Mathematician

Mathematician Reason, and reason again

Since when were anarchists right-wing?

10. Mathematician

Mathematician Reason, and reason again

Lol.

And thank God, too! Sorry, Lee fans. Chattel slavery is more objectionable than "larger government."

11. Father Heathen

Father Heathen Well-Known Member

Don't play coy and pretend to be shocked. They're not saying that everyone who believes such things are terrorists, but that those are issues that domestic terrorism is often committed in the name of. You know, like neo-nazi separatists who bomb federal buildings, black churches and abortion clinics,for example. So obviously those would be areas of interest if you're trying to keep an eye out for potential terrorism. Unless of course you're claiming that such acts actually reflect the sentiments of your average conservative. Just like environmental issues could be a hotbed for terrorism. It would be totally silly to suggest those concerned about the enviroment to be potential terrorists, but it would also be silly to deny that there have been etremist who've burned things in "defense" of animals and enviroment.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  12. idea

idea Well-Known Member

I am living with a bunch of "extremists" then...
    Texas Gov. Reaffirms State Sovereignty
    Texas Secede!

of coarse I do not think that we are the extremists, I think they are. Ya'll come down and join us if things get to bad up thar, ya hear?:canoe:

13. Zephyr

Zephyr Moved on

Welp, welcome to the club. We Heathens made it to the list 9 years ago.

14. Father Heathen

Father Heathen Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind allowing Texas to secede from the union and form it's own sovereign nation if the rest of the religious conservative nutjobs in the country all moved there.

Alceste likes this.
  15. Smoke

Smoke Done here.

Sounds okay to me.

16. Sunstone

Sunstone De Diablo Del Fora Staff Member Premium Member

Religion:
    Erotic Dance
  17. zippythepinhead

zippythepinhead Your Tax Dollars At Work

18. J Bryson

J Bryson New Member

Ah, the fine fresh scent of using racial stereotypes to make a point.

19. zippythepinhead

zippythepinhead Your Tax Dollars At Work

Ye have NO sense of humor.:eek:

20. J Bryson

J Bryson New Member

My deepest apologies. Maybe I just didn't understand the joke. Could you explain it?

zippythepinhead likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted