• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right Wing BBC backs racism

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Note, my post is about the bbc and their attitude, not about the right in general. Although in my experience the right do tend to the xenophobic and racist camps more than the centre and left of political opinion

OK. Although many misinterpret "don't agree with a lifestyle" with xenophobia. But there are crazies on both ends, leftist who are Christophobic.

I did not say that but the bbc (their current affairs programming) is right wing biased and they would rather be seen as racist than utter a word against gropy boy (Trump) who as you know is very (very) right wing.

It certainly may be true about BBC (I don't follow them). But "very (very) right wing" may be just a perspective when one is looking at "the middle" from a very very (very) left wing position. ;) Like when your hands feel frozen because of the snow and you put it in lukewarm water... it feels piping hot!

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
OK. Although many misinterpret "don't agree with a lifestyle" with xenophobia. But there are crazies on both ends, leftist who are Christophobic.

It certainly may be true about BBC (I don't follow them). But "very (very) right wing" may be just a perspective when one is looking at "the middle" from a very very (very) left wing position. ;) Like when your hands feel frozen because of the snow and you put it in lukewarm water... it feels piping hot!

Many hide xenophobia befind the cope out "i dont agree with their lifestyle"

Never met a "lefty" who is afraid of christians. And trust me. I should have very good reason to fear them but no, i just consider them (some at least) to be vicious and hypocritical

Consider the political compass divides the spread of far left to far right into 20 segments. Yes there is centre right, right, far right, extremist right. It is the same for the left so i am not even sure why you brought it up

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Many hide xenophobia befind the cope out "i dont agree with their lifestyle"

Never met a "lefty" who is afraid of christians. And trust me. I should have very good reason to fear them but no, i just consider them (some at least) to be vicious and hypocritical

Consider the political compass divides the spread of far left to far right into 20 segments. Yes there is centre right, right, far right, extremist right. It is the same for the left so i am not even sure why you brought it up

OK... can't dispute that... but equally many hide Christophobia in the name of "progressive".

Never met a "righty" who is afraid of homosexuals (in my circles).

I guess I have trouble with "lumping everyone together" in any segment.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
OK... can't dispute that... but equally many hide Christophobia in the name of "progressive".

Never met a "righty" who is afraid of homosexuals (in my circles).

I guess I have trouble with "lumping everyone together" in any segment.

People are people some are left wing, come are wrong ;-)

HonestJoe

The BBC are becoming the mouthpiece for Johnson and Trump.
Could we not drag the UK (further) in to an American style of binary politics of blinkered hatred, where anyone who does anything you perceive as wrong is automatically condemned as your diametrically opposed enemy in all things?

Regardless of whether you think this specific individual ruling was correct or not, to call the BBC right-wing as a consequence is ridiculous. If they reverse the decision, would they magically become left-wing instead?

Altfish

Veteran Member
......If they reverse the decision, would they magically become left-wing instead?
No, because this is just the latest of a series of incidents by their political editiors, Question Time is now rigged with Brexiteers and people critical of it are not invited. The Cambridge Analytica scandal has been swept under the carpet by them

HonestJoe

No, because this is just the latest of a series of incidents by their political editiors, Question Time is now rigged with Brexiteers and people critical of it are not invited. The Cambridge Analytica scandal has been swept under the carpet by them
The latest episode of Question Time included Gina Miller and the leader of Plaid Cymru. You're just seeing what you want to see. Again, labelling the entire BBC as right-wing (or left-wing) is ridiculous.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The latest episode of Question Time included Gina Miller and the leader of Plaid Cymru. You're just seeing what you want to see. Again, labelling the entire BBC as right-wing (or left-wing) is ridiculous.
When they have someone like Carol Cadwaladre on, then I'll accept they are impartial.

Notanumber

A Free Man

I had to turn Question Time off after about 10 minutes. I could not stand the leftwing bias any longer.

Could we not drag the UK (further) in to an American style of binary politics of blinkered hatred, where anyone who does anything you perceive as wrong is automatically condemned as your diametrically opposed enemy in all things?

Regardless of whether you think this specific individual ruling was correct or not, to call the BBC right-wing as a consequence is ridiculous. If they reverse the decision, would they magically become left-wing instead?

Don't be silly, no matter what they did it wouldn't change the fact that they are hideously biased against you.

You could have the entire newsroom decked out in EU star suits reenacting the award of the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize and people would still think it was unconscionably biased against Remain because they only played the first 2 mins of Ode to Joy before allowing Donald Tusk to read out the news while throwing darts at the head of Nigel Farage/You could have the entire newsroom decked out in Union Jack suits reenacting the Battle of Britain and people would still think it was unconscionably biased against Brexit because they only played the first 2 mins of Rule Britannia before allowing a CGI Queen Mother to read out the news of how we've sent Fritz packing twice already and we shall bloody well do it again.*

*delete as appropriate to fuel a sense of righteous victimhood.

ChristineM

Premium Member
"About face – The BBC has reversed its decision to sanction its presenter Naga Munchetty for breaking impartiality guidelines over her comments about Donald Trump. The director general, Tony Hall, said the complaints unit had made the wrong call. The U-turn came after the Guardian obtained leaked internal correspondence that showed the original complaint had been about both presenters involved in the segment – Munchetty and co-host Dan Walker – but only Munchetty was sanctioned. The BBC’s editorial standards director, David Jordan, had said Walker could not have been investigated because the single viewer complaint which led to the ruling did not mention him, despite the complaint being titled “blatant political bias from both presenters”. It also described Walker as “very unprofessional” and made it clear that they blamed the male presenter for leading Munchetty into making the comments. “These two presenters have never made any secret of their left-wing and anti-Trump bias,” the complaint said."
Tuesday briefing: PM's 'secret Irish border plans' dismissed

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
"About face – The BBC has reversed its decision to sanction its presenter Naga Munchetty for breaking impartiality guidelines over her comments about Donald Trump. The director general, Tony Hall, said the complaints unit had made the wrong call. The U-turn came after the Guardian obtained leaked internal correspondence that showed the original complaint had been about both presenters involved in the segment – Munchetty and co-host Dan Walker – but only Munchetty was sanctioned. The BBC’s editorial standards director, David Jordan, had said Walker could not have been investigated because the single viewer complaint which led to the ruling did not mention him, despite the complaint being titled “blatant political bias from both presenters”. It also described Walker as “very unprofessional” and made it clear that they blamed the male presenter for leading Munchetty into making the comments. “These two presenters have never made any secret of their left-wing and anti-Trump bias,” the complaint said."
Tuesday briefing: PM's 'secret Irish border plans' dismissed

Correct decision too in my view - that is, wrong in the first place. :D

Bob Jones

Prove It!
Do you have any problem with a third party deciding for you what you should and should not read or trust? I do, too much room for abuse and censorship. I will read it for myself and if I choose to do the research and I deem it unworthy then I will make that decision. Still, the BBC has long been accused of left wing bias.
Yes I would suggest that the aforementioned is an accurate statement concerning the BBC. It is surely slanted for the Leftist even though there has been a change in policy in the past few years.
Just a few days ago another controversy arose when a 35 year veteran was forbidden by the BBC to discuss force conversion of Sikh Indians to Islam in the 17th century. Still a leftist news-media. Sikh peer quits Today programme's Thought for the Day slot after 35 years | Daily Mail Online

Altfish

Veteran Member
Yes I would suggest that the aforementioned is an accurate statement concerning the BBC. It is surely slanted for the Leftist even though there has been a change in policy in the past few years.
Just a few days ago another controversy arose when a 35 year veteran was forbidden by the BBC to discuss force conversion of Sikh Indians to Islam in the 17th century. Still a leftist news-media. Sikh peer quits Today programme's Thought for the Day slot after 35 years | Daily Mail Online
The trouble is you use for your source the right wing, BBC hating Mail - a source that Wikipedia refuses to accept.