• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right Wing Activist Warns of Armed Rebellion If Genuine Patriots Don't Win in 2022

We Never Know

No Slack
You're thinking. You'll never be a genuine patriot at this rate.

(Serious answer : they are jingoistic battle cries, not a genuine love of all things truly American)

Yeah. In my opinion many have ties to militant groups, even if little ties(say through a friend of a friend for example).

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah. In my opinion many have ties to militant groups, even if little ties(say through a friend of a friend for example).

The group psychology involved is both more interesting and frightening than the thought that 'some people believe stupid stuff.'

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The group psychology involved is both more interesting and frightening than the thought that 'some people believe stupid stuff.'
Groups create their own little insular world, wherein
their reality can diverge from what's normal. And
when they see violence as necessary....watch out.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Groups create their own little insular world, wherein
their reality can diverge from what's normal. And
when they see violence as necessary....watch out.
The smart ones won't do it unless they get proper logistical backing and a command and control structure.

Call Putin?

tas8831

He's operating very much like the stereotypical creationist, where after being shown a scientific paper, they ignore it for awhile, then later claim "I already addressed it", and when you ask where they did, they evade and dodge around until you get frustrated and give up.

I guess among the small-minded, that's considered a "victory". :rolleyes:
Ya... I do enjoy my ignore list.

tas8831

Nearly half of Republicans say 'a time will come when patriotic Americans have to take the law into their own hands,' new poll shows

“Less than a year after a pro-Trump mob stormed the US Capitol, nearly half of Republican voters (47%) say that ‘a time will come when patriotic Americans have to take the law into their own hands,’ per a new nationwide survey by George Washington University's School of Media and Public Affairs.

The poll also found that a majority of Republicans (55%) say ‘the traditional American way of life is disappearing so fast we may have to use force to save it.’

Pretty much says it all.
Then 47% of GQP voters are essentially spoiled brats/bullies who cannot actually handle the whole democracy thing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ya... I do enjoy my ignore list.
Yeah....those reprobates who dare address the wrongfulness &
prevention of violence from all political orientations must be ignored.
Tis a wonder that RF even allow them to post. Oh, the horror!

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Then 47% of GQP voters are essentially spoiled brats/bullies who cannot actually handle the whole democracy thing.
Or more accurately, authoritarians who will not accept losing elections. Have you seen the recent stuff about Tucker Carlson and his infatuation with Hungary's anti-democracy leader? Looks to me like the right-wing isn't so much sliding towards fascism, but eagerly running towards it.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Or more accurately, authoritarians who will not accept losing elections. Have you seen the recent stuff about Tucker Carlson and his infatuation with Hungary's anti-democracy leader? Looks to me like the right-wing isn't so much sliding towards fascism, but eagerly running towards it.
The Internet has really revealed how much these people all seem to be cut from the same cloth. People talk about "Globalists", or the "communist internationale" as if that was still a thing, but factually, the neofascist right has been exchanging ideas, money and political support on an international level since the early 2000s. As bizarre and paradoxical as it sounds, we live in an era in which xenophobic nationalists have joined forces internationally.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
The Internet has really revealed how much these people all seem to be cut from the same cloth. People talk about "Globalists", or the "communist internationale" as if that was still a thing, but factually, the neofascist right has been exchanging ideas, money and political support on an international level since the early 2000s. As bizarre and paradoxical as it sounds, we live in an era in which xenophobic nationalists have joined forces internationally.
Reminds me of the talks I saw Steve Bannon give, where he tried to make the case that the US needs to ally with Russia, because we're both mostly white Christian countries and we'll have to join forces to overcome the attempts by "others" to take control over the world.

It's disturbing how that sort of xenophobia, racism, and white Christian nationalism has become mainstream in Republican politics.

tas8831

Indeed. And despite their claimed love of the Constitution and all that.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
DHS concerned about violence stemming from Trump reinstatement conspiracy theory (msn.com)

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on Friday sent a notice to local and state authorities regarding recent online activity calling for violence in relation to several 2020 election conspiracies.

"[D]HS is providing awareness of reports regarding an increasing but modest level of activity online calling for violence in response to unsubstantiated claims of fraud related to the 2020 election and the alleged 'reinstatement' of former President Trump," the notice said, according to CNN, which cited a source.

"As public visibility of the narratives increases, we are concerned about more calls to violence. Reporting indicates that the timing of these activities may occur during August 2021, although we lack information on specific plots or planned actions," the notice added, according to CNN.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
'We're Going Back To The Capitol': Ex Trump Campaign Official Announces 'Huge' Protest | HuffPost

The former data chief for Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign has announced a protest next month at the nation’s Capitol — to rail on behalf of so-called “political prisoners” charged in the Jan. 6 insurrection.

“We’re going back to the Capitol, right where it started. And it’s going to be huge,” Matt Braynard told former White House strategist Steve Bannon as he announced the rally on Bannon’s podcast last week.

The protest, “Justice for J6,” has been set for Sept. 18 at the Capitol. It’s being orchestrated by the group Look Ahead America, headed by Braynard.

As the saying goes.....what could possibly go wrong?

ecco

Veteran Member
So, not August. Now September. This sure sounds a lot like the failed End of Times predictions of a certain religious group. Of course, each new "date" brings with it a call for contributions.

Politics of the greedy on the heads of the gullible.