• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right Wing Activist Warns of Armed Rebellion If Genuine Patriots Don't Win in 2022

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, so, that was in response to Rev equating Jan.6 to BLM protests, not my actual position.
This is a gross misrepresentation of my post.
But quoting me wouldn't have served the
mischievous purpose of creating this straw man.

I notice that you posted this without alerting me.
I suppose that's one way to feel like having won
an argument....to hide it from me. Same for the
other guy. But I see all.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He's operating very much like the stereotypical creationist
Odd...I was thinking the same of your posts, which attempt
to win a straw man argument because of inability to address
what I actually posted. But I wasn't going to go there.
And all in defense of left wing violence by requiring that only
right wing violence be discussed. That is so wrong.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Tacit approval? On whose part?
@Jose Fly.
Such strenuous & misplaced objection to....
"It makes sense for a continued vigil against potentially
violent extremists...these guys & all others."
....bespeaks tacit approval of violence by "all others",
which has been falsely taken to mean BLM.

Why else would there'd be overwrought objection
to the addition after the ellipses? And with silence
on leftish violence. Tacit approval this appears to be.

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Odd...I was thinking the same of your posts,
I'm going to make one final point here to illustrate your dishonesty.

In the first page of this thread, which was about a specific threat from a right-wing activist, you posted the following...

"It makes sense for a continued vigil against
potentially violent extremists...these guys
& all others."

...to which I replied...

"Of course, but this is not a bothsiderism issue at the moment."

So as we can see, I agreed with you that we should stay vigilant against all violent extremists ("Of course"). Now compare that with how you've since tried to depict me.

"Still excusing leftish violence"​

"someone in denial of tacit approval of violence from the left"

"in defense of left wing violence by requiring that only right wing violence be discussed"​

I'll just let that speak for itself, and I am now done with this nonsense. I suggest you try and do better in the future.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm going to make one final point here to illustrate your dishonesty.
tenor.gif

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
What is a "genuine patriot"?

Hiw do they differ from a regular patriot?
From what I've seen from these folks, it means white, Christian, and far-right conservative. So if you're something other than those things, even though you may call yourself a "patriot", you're not a "genuine patriot".

I've spent time around these folks, both IRL and online. It's rather eye-opening.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
What is a "genuine patriot"?

Hiw do they differ from a regular patriot?

A regular patriot in this context would be someone who sits on the sidelines, despite their beliefs.
A genuine patriot will heed Scott Lively's call to arms, jump in his pickup (the one with the confederate flag and gun rack, presumably) and take action to defend the American way.

The most important thing is that they jump to action, though. There's no time for thinking or reflection. In fact, genuine patriots don't think at all. Ever.

We Never Know

No Slack
A regular patriot in this context would be someone who sits on the sidelines, despite their beliefs.
A genuine patriot will heed Scott Lively's call to arms, jump in his pickup (the one with the confederate flag and gun rack, presumably) and take action to defend the American way.

The most important thing is that they jump to action, though. There's no time for thinking or reflection. In fact, genuine patriots don't think at all. Ever.

That leads to what is the American way?
If many Americans don't agree with it, how can it be the American way?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
That leads to what is the American way?
If many Americans don't agree with it, how can it be the American way?

You're thinking. You'll never be a genuine patriot at this rate.

(Serious answer : they are jingoistic battle cries, not a genuine love of all things truly American)

We Never Know

No Slack

9 States*: May Lose Vote Permanently

Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, & Wyoming

*Maryland and Missouri may permanently disenfranchise voters convicted of certain election crimes, but we’ve categorized the states according to the policy for the most people.

16 States: Vote Restored after Prison, Parole, & Probation

Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, & Wisconsin

2 States: Vote Restored after Prison & Parole

Connecticut & Louisiana

21 States: Vote Restored after Prison

California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia, & Washington*

State Felon Voting Laws & Policies - Felon Voting - ProCon.org

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
9 States*: May Lose Vote Permanently

Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, & Wyoming

*Maryland and Missouri may permanently disenfranchise voters convicted of certain election crimes, but we’ve categorized the states according to the policy for the most people.

16 States: Vote Restored after Prison, Parole, & Probation

Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, & Wisconsin

2 States: Vote Restored after Prison & Parole

Connecticut & Louisiana

21 States: Vote Restored after Prison

California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia, & Washington*

State Felon Voting Laws & Policies - Felon Voting - ProCon.org
Complicated.