• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right to Food Amendment

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Maine becomes the first US state to recognize the Right to Food in a Constitutional amendment | Universal Rights Group

Maine has become the first state to write in food production and consumption into it's constitution. Bringing cottage food laws to the fore.

The amendment, which 60% of Mainers voted in favor of, declares that “all individuals have the right to grow, raise, harvest, produce and consume the food of their own choosing for their own nourishment, sustenance, bodily health and well-being

Let's get this going in all 50 states.

amorphous_constellation

Maine becomes the first US state to recognize the Right to Food in a Constitutional amendment | Universal Rights Group

Maine has become the first state to write in food production and consumption into it's constitution. Bringing cottage food laws to the fore.

The amendment, which 60% of Mainers voted in favor of, declares that “all individuals have the right to grow, raise, harvest, produce and consume the food of their own choosing for their own nourishment, sustenance, bodily health and well-being

Let's get this going in all 50 states.

that sounds good, I'll have to read that later

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Without a 'Right to Garden' Law, It May Be Illegal to Grow Your Own Food - it appears to be an outlier but maybe someone else can find other examples.
Hmm, I am not so sure if that would apply. They were able to garden, they were not allowed to extend their growing season beyond the natural one with a structure. I thought that it was a rather petty move to oppose that, but unfortunately in that community it appears to be legal. They could have done what we did in our garden. Rather than a "hoop house' we covered our vegetables with a sheet of plastic. It kept them warm at night and if it was a really nice day was easily moved to the side. That added two weeks to a month to the growing and harvesting period in Minnesota.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This might apply more to homes in HOA's. They often restrict the sort of gardens that one has on one's property. It appears that those restrictions would be abolished.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
It's actually pronounced Bang-oar, or, most commonly here, Bang-oah. ;-)
Lol i knew this from watching Ben Benard on YouTube. He makes videos about states and he made one about Maine. That's how Flordia summoned Maine to the table by mispronoucing it

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Lol i knew this from watching Ben Benard on YouTube. He makes videos about states and he made one about Maine. That's how Flordia summoned Maine to the table by mispronoucing it

That would totally work! You'd summon some cantankerous old man you could barely understand pointing the end of a pipe stem at you.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
That would totally work! You'd summon some cantankerous old man you could barely understand pointing the end of a pipe stem at you.
They summoned NC by going
Its bo time!

To which NC was like but i just had Cook Out.
As a North Carolinan that fits.