• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right On The Heels Of The Elected Idiot In Texas We Get Another One From Ohio

Skwim

Veteran Member
It wasn't enough that Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick Blamed the El Paso Shooting on Not Letting Kids “Pray in Our Schools, now we've got another idiot wannabe.

"OH Lawmaker Blames Dayton Shooting on “Homosexual Marriage,” Democrats, and More

Ohio State Representative Candice Keller, a Republican from an area about 30 minutes south of Dayton, offered her own explanation for why a young man murdered nine people and injured more than two dozen others later Saturday night.

It’s not guns. It’s not white supremacy. It’s not anti-immigration paranoia. It’s not right-wing propaganda.

CandiceKellerHumanLife-1024x573.png
Instead, in a now-private Facebook post, she blamed all of the following:

Transgender people
Gay marriage
Drag queens
“Fatherlessness”
Violent video games
Open borders
Marijuana
Parents who don’t discipline their kids
People who disrespect cops (“thank you, Obama”)
People who disrespect the military
Athletes who protest during the National Anthem
Anti-Semitic Democrats
A godless culture
Politicians who don’t know the Second Amendment
People who “can’t accept” Donald Trump

CandiceKellerCrazyGOP.jpg

Guns are nowhere on the list. However, she opens the post by trashing liberals who “start the blame game” after mass shootings. (How’s that for hypocrisy?)

When a local CBS affiliate spoke with Keller by phone, she said she posted the message to her “private, personal page”… even though her campaign Facebook page has been taken down, and even though (as you can see from the screengrab) she posted that message publicly.

Just last month, Keller was the subject of ethical investigations for sponsoring a bill that would directly benefit an anti-abortion “health center” she runs. But you can tell taking the moral high ground isn’t really her thing.

Keller was elected in 2016, running as a pro-gun, anti-abortion, anti-healthcare, pro-God candidate. (Critical thinking clearly isn’t among her skill set.) While in office, she compared Planned Parenthood to Nazis, appeared on a White Nationalist’s radio show, and tried banning sanctuary cities.

She is now running for State Senate."
source

My apologies to some of you southern Christians for singling you out as brain dead.

You don't have a monopoly on brain dead Christians at all.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I hope someone throws her, that Texas whacko, and Trump off a bridge, along with anyone else who thinks non-solutions are the solution and places blame where it doesn't belong and has no business being placed.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It wasn't enough that Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick Blamed the El Paso Shooting on Not Letting Kids “Pray in Our Schools, now we've got another idiot wannabe.

"OH Lawmaker Blames Dayton Shooting on “Homosexual Marriage,” Democrats, and More

Ohio State Representative Candice Keller, a Republican from an area about 30 minutes south of Dayton, offered her own explanation for why a young man murdered nine people and injured more than two dozen others later Saturday night.

It’s not guns. It’s not white supremacy. It’s not anti-immigration paranoia. It’s not right-wing propaganda.

Transgender people
Gay marriage
Drag queens
“Fatherlessness”
Violent video games
Open borders
Marijuana
Anti-Semitic Democrats
A godless culture

Guns are nowhere on the list. However, she opens the post by trashing liberals who “start the blame game” after mass shootings. (How’s that for hypocrisy?)

When a local CBS affiliate spoke with Keller by phone, she said she posted the message to her “private, personal page”… even though her campaign Facebook page has been taken down, and even though (as you can see from the screengrab) she posted that message publicly.

Just last month, Keller was the subject of ethical investigations for sponsoring a bill that would directly benefit an anti-abortion “health center” she runs. But you can tell taking the moral high ground isn’t really her thing.

Keller was elected in 2016, running as a pro-gun, anti-abortion, anti-healthcare, pro-God candidate. (Critical thinking clearly isn’t among her skill set.) While in office, she compared Planned Parenthood to Nazis, appeared on a White Nationalist’s radio show, and tried banning sanctuary cities.

source
My apologies to some you southern Christians for singling you out as brain dead.

What do guns have to do with it:rolleyes:

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I hope someone throws her, that Texas whacko, and Trump off a bridge, along with anyone else who thinks non-solutions are the solution and places blame where it doesn't belong and has no business being placed.

This is why the cycle of violence continues.
Partisanship bickering and such is one thing. Even telling someone to leave the country is a non-violent suggestion.

Calling for violent acts such as "throwing people off a bridge" is what continues the cycle of dehumanization and thus the violence will continue.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This is why the cycle of violence continues.
Partisanship bickering and such is one thing. Even telling someone to leave the country is a non-violent suggestion.

Calling for violent acts such as "throwing people off a bridge" is what continues the cycle of dehumanization and thus the violence will continue.
When someone wrongly blames the mentally ill and speaks ill of them, I'll have no sympathy for them if a crowd tears them apart while they are still alive. Saying religion is the answer to such violence does nothing, and when they continue to suggest the same failed advice, they deserve the verbal lashings that come.
With the exception of Trump (because I really do hate and despise people who demonize the ill, and him saying that mental illness pulls the trigger, **** him, I seriously, no joke or hyperbole, hope his pending heart attack is slow, painful, and agonizing), my statements are hyperbole and clearly a statement of outrage.

Enoch07

Premium Member
When someone wrongly blames the mentally ill and speaks ill of them, I'll have no sympathy for them if a crowd tears them apart while they are still alive. Saying religion is the answer to such violence does nothing, and when they continue to suggest the same failed advice, they deserve the verbal lashings that come.

Religion itself may not be the answer but the spirit of non-violence that most civilized people religious or non-religious is the answer.

That being said, I will concede the woman in the OP's article is equally guilty of dehumanizing people though without a call to violence. But still the dehumanizing part is the actual problem. A call to violence may or may not be received and then acted on. But the dehumanization is what keep us looking at each other as despised objects in our way vs a person with a different opinion. Even if that opinion may be wrong, that doesn't make the person no longer a human worthy of some amount of decency and respect.

With the exception of Trump (because I really do hate and despise people who demonize the ill, and him saying that mental illness pulls the trigger, **** him, I seriously, no joke or hyperbole, hope his pending heart attack is slow, painful, and agonizing), my statements are hyperbole and clearly a statement of outrage.

Understood, but it's just human nature. You are doing the exact same thing he does. I do the same thing sometimes, we all do, everyone on these forums is certainly guilty of it, even of only on rare occasion.

At the end of the day everyone just needs a little more patience and compassion with each other.

Rational Agnostic

When someone wrongly blames the mentally ill and speaks ill of them, I'll have no sympathy for them if a crowd tears them apart while they are still alive.

Let's be rational for a minute. I agree wholeheartedly that we need more gun control and stricter background checks. However, I also believe mental illness is a major factor in contributing to mass shootings. How could you honestly think someone who goes on a shooting spree is NOT mentally ill? The point is not to demonize mental illness, but instead to point out that it should be easier for the mentally ill to get the proper psychological care than it is for them to get their hands on guns.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
That's conservative "logic" for you. Take everything you dislike, toss it in a cauldron along with a dash of thoughts and prayers, and then brew up a bogeyman to blame for society's ills. Easier than taking responsibility or proposing real (not magic) solutions.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Transgender people
Gay marriage
Drag queens
“Fatherlessness”
Violent video games
Open borders
Marijuana
Anti-Semitic Democrats
A godless culture

source
My apologies to some you southern Christians for singling you out as brain dead.

You know, all this might start making Pat Robertson look smart in comparison.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I unashamedly have none for those who speak ill of the ill.

I understand. But I am saying the ones that speak ill of the ill needs more patience and compassion as well. Not picking on you. It's something all of humanity has a deficiency in.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What about people who don't spay or neuter their pets? Or people who drive too slow in the fast lane? They have to take some of the blame for all of this.

Then there are those who take up more than one parking spot. Or people who hold up lines in stores because they have to ask a lot of pointless questions. These are the kinds of people who ruin societies.

Car alarms - there's another irritating feature which has brought civilization to its knees.

So, there are plenty of things responsible for all the evil that's out there.

The Kardashians - they should be blamed for something, but i'm not sure what.

Rational Agnostic

Very few people with a mental illness are violent.

True, but that does not negate anything I said. I agree that very few people with mental illness are violent. However, a very large percentage of mass shooters are mentally ill. Had they had access to the proper mental health care rather than guns, the shootings could have been prevented.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
True, but that does not negate anything I said. I agree that very few people with mental illness are violent. However, a very large percentage of mass shooters are mentally ill. Had they had access to the proper mental health care rather than guns, the shootings could have been prevented.
Blaming mental illness paints ALL of those with a mental illness as potentially violent. Mental illness is such a small piece of what turns someone violent that there are far better things to focus on that will probably go further in snuffing out the potential. Such as, from mass shooters and serial killers alike, as a whole, as a group, they had traumatic childhoods filled with abuse. Were is blame on poor parenting and the nonsense of "I was whipped as a kid and I turned out alright?" They are very typically bullied. Where is the condemnation of the attitude that defends bullying as a good thing? Their "nurture" is so poor and tragic that the "nature" part kicks in, they do develop mental illness, genetic potential is unmasked, and tragedy occurs. Yes, we need better access to mental health and better mental health care all around. We also need to work on creating a better environment to address child abuse and dismiss the dangerous ideas that a parent's authority is supreme (those are the types often trying to excuse their abusive ways), and works towards meaningful and effective ways of addressing and reducing bullying.
By the time mental health comes in to play, there may be no turning back as the damage is done and the emotional wounds and scars are very, extensively, and seriously deep.