• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right and Wrong?

So the everlasting stance on right and wrong, the moral dilema. Whats the difference between whats right and wrong and i dont mean bias one-sided view points. Isn't right just how one person feels. For instance Martin Luther King Jr. believed equality was right, but Adolf Hitler thought that liberating the world within his ideals was right. What really makes one mind more satisfactory than another. I mean dont hate and love spring from the essential quality in us all the essence of the mind the same energy creates all thoughts and actions. I don't know what im getting at really, but let me know what you think.

nutshell

ALifetimeToWaitFor... said:
So the everlasting stance on right and wrong, the moral dilema. Whats the difference between whats right and wrong and i dont mean bias one-sided view points. Isn't right just how one person feels. For instance Martin Luther King Jr. believed equality was right, but Adolf Hitler thought that liberating the world within his ideals was right. What really makes one mind more satisfactory than another. I mean dont hate and love spring from the essential quality in us all the essence of the mind the same energy creates all thoughts and actions. I don't know what im getting at really, but let me know what you think.
For the most part, right and wrong all comes down to personal interpretation (as you pointed out). However, I do believe in an eternal perfect truth where right and wrong are clearly defined.

standing_on_one_foot

Thinking of people as things, to paraphrase Terry Pratchett, is where problems start. But yeah, ultimately everyone has to answer that for themselves.

Flappycat

Right for what? Wrong for what? It's an undefined question. It's as if a motorist stopped to ask me which way to go from here without explaining where he was going.

Unedited

People are never right or wrong when they're doing something. Only after others sit in their judgement are they right or wrong. Right and wrong is not a personal choice, it's very opposite. It's a choice society makes for you.

If I do something I deem as right, I only do so by judging my own actions against the opinion of society.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Right or Wrong has to be in some kind of context. It all depends on our values anyway.