• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ridvan

arthra

Baha'i
Ridvan is a season for Baha'is that begins later in April from around April 21st to May 2nd...there are three Holy Days observed during the season.. The First, Ninth and Twelfth Days of Ridvan....

The use of the word Ridvan (Paradise) goes back to the early history of our Faith when Baha'u'llah was summoned by the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire to Istanbul ..

Baha'u'llah had been imprisoned in Teheran.. later exiled by the Shah and settled in Baghdad. The Persian authorities however didn't want Him to remain in Baghdad fearing His influence at Shiah pilgrimage sites around Baghdad and so requested the Sultan to summon Him to Istanbul...On embarking on the trip to Istanbul Baha'u'llah stopped at a Garden. Isle in the Tigris called the Ridvan Garden.. It was here over twelve days or so that He proclaimed He was "Him Whom God would make manifest" promised by the Bab ..first to His immediate family and then to other believers...

The Ridvan season is also significant for Baha'is because our administrative order from the local level to the national level is elected year after year around the First Day of Ridvan or April 21st.

Read more at:

Declaration of Baha'u'llah in the Ridvan Garden in 1863

arthra

Baha'i
When Baha'is are on pilgrimage they also visit the "Garden of Ridvan" near Bahji...The following video explains:

arthra

Baha'i
In a few short days the Ridvan season begins for Baha'is... this season from April 20th to May 2nd have three Holy Days on which work and school are suspended.. The Baha'i communities gather to elect local administrative bodies..and National Spiritual Assemblies are elected in conventions around the planet. The elections are conducted by secret ballot and there are no nominations...

See:

What are the Ridvan Baha’i Elections? - Baha'i Blog

arthra

Baha'i
fe8088b214d8f0df49008dc8fb8cafd7.jpg

arthra

Baha'i
Our community was blessed with (1) electing a Local Spiritual Assembly on the first day of Ridvan and a few days ago (2) electing officers to serve the community. Forty two years ago our community elected it's first Spiritual Assembly.

We entered the Ninth Day of Ridvan after sunset four hours ago...and read the Tablet of Ridvan ..

See:

A Tablet of the Feast of Ridvan