• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ridvan 177 B.E. (April 21st - May 2nd)

arthra

Baha'i
Ridvan is a twelve day period special to Baha'is... It celebrates the announcement by Baha'u'llah that He fulfilled the expectation of the His Predecessor the Bab that He was " Him Whom God would make manifest".

The Ridvan period is twelve days from April 21st to May 2nd each year. The first, ninth and twelfth days of Ridvan are Holy Days for Baha'is on which work and school attendance are suspended

Baha'u'llah had been in exile from Persia from 1853 and was directed to Baghdad in the Ottoman Empire at the time... Eventually Persian authorities requested the Ottoman Sultan to move Baha'u'llah as they felt He was too close to their sites of pilgrimage near Baghdad. Baha'u'llah then left His House in Baghdad and stayed temporarily for twelve days near the Tigris River in what was then the Ridvan Garden. The Sultan had ordered Him to travel to Istanbul (Constaninople).

John Walbridge has written a detailed account of the Ridvan Festival:

Ridvan

Read more:

Ridvan – The Greatest Baha’i Festival

Baha'i Institutions are also elected April 21st the start of the Ridvan Festival... Local Spiritual Assemblies in various jurisdictions are elected and a National Convention is held to elected the nine members of the National Spiritual Assembly.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Ridvan is a twelve day period special to Baha'is... It celebrates the announcement by Baha'u'llah that He fulfilled the expectation of the His Predecessor the Bab that He was " Him Whom God would make manifest".

The Ridvan period is twelve days from April 21st to May 2nd each year. The first, ninth and twelfth days of Ridvan are Holy Days for Baha'is on which work and school attendance are suspended

Baha'u'llah had been in exile from Persia from 1853 and was directed to Baghdad in the Ottoman Empire at the time... Eventually Persian authorities requested the Ottoman Sultan to move Baha'u'llah as they felt He was too close to their sites of pilgrimage near Baghdad. Baha'u'llah then left His House in Baghdad and stayed temporarily for twelve days near the Tigris River in what was then the Ridvan Garden. The Sultan had ordered Him to travel to Istanbul (Constaninople).

John Walbridge has written a detailed account of the Ridvan Festival:

Ridvan

Read more:

Ridvan – The Greatest Baha’i Festival

Baha'i Institutions are also elected April 21st the start of the Ridvan Festival... Local Spiritual Assemblies in various jurisdictions are elected and a National Convention is held to elected the nine members of the National Spiritual Assembly.

B.E.?

arthra

Baha'i

"B.E." = Baha'i Era

From wikipedia:

The Badíʻ Calendar used in the Baháʼí Faith is a solar calendar consisting of 19 months and 4-5 Intercalary Days, with new year at the northern spring equinox. Each month is named after virtues (e.g. Perfection, Mercy), as are the days of the week. The first year is dated from 1844 CE, the year in which the Báb began teaching.

Years on the calendar are annotated with the date notation of BE (Baháʼí Era). The Baháʼí year 177 BE started on 20 March 2020.

Baháʼí calendar - Wikipedia

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
"B.E." = Baha'i Era

From wikipedia:

The Badíʻ Calendar used in the Baháʼí Faith is a solar calendar consisting of 19 months and 4-5 Intercalary Days, with new year at the northern spring equinox. Each month is named after virtues (e.g. Perfection, Mercy), as are the days of the week. The first year is dated from 1844 CE, the year in which the Báb began teaching.

Years on the calendar are annotated with the date notation of BE (Baháʼí Era). The Baháʼí year 177 BE started on 20 March 2020.

Baháʼí calendar - Wikipedia

Interesting! Thank you and have a blessed Ridvan.

arthra

Baha'i
This year, due to social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, the House of Worship is offering a new way of celebrating with what may be an even wider audience. The staff is working with volunteers who are videotaping themselves singing or saying selected prayers. These video clips will be edited together and shared online on these festive days.

Broadcasts will be released at the following times:

First Day of Ridvan: Monday, April 20, 3:00 pm CDT

Ninth Day of Ridvan: Tuesday, April 28, 12:30 pm CDT

Twelfth Day of Ridvan: Friday, May 1, 12:30 pm CDT

BROADCAST LINKS AVAILABLE HERE

arthra

Baha'i
I live in a fairly small Baha'i community but we were able to elect our forty seventh Local Spiritual Assembly this year via absentee ballots due to the restrictions imposed by the Health authorities. We are also learning to use "Zoom" for our meetings.