• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Riding Through The Storm

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
And interesting view of what Jesus wanted us to learn IMV.

Mark 4:35 On that day, when evening had come, he said to them, “Let us go across to the other side.” 36 And leaving the crowd, they took him with them in the boat, just as he was. And other boats were with him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already filling. 38 But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke him and said to him, “Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?” 39 And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40 He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?”

There is a life-road that we are heading towards... somewhere "across to the other side". Our life-journey, so to speak.

As life often does, there are problems and situations that causes our life-boats to rock where we think the world is about to end. The winds of change, the breaking waters that impede our progress, the fear that we won't live through the process...

And it would seem as if God is uncaring about our situation, sleeping while we are just gasping for the last breath of air. We think he doesn't care and yet in our desperation, we cry, "HEEEELLLP!"

He moves. He speaks to the situation and thunders "PEACE", and all is calm.

Then the instruction:

"Why are you so afraid?". A great introspective question. What do we fear the most that it paralyzes us from making quality decisions? Am I responding pro-actively or re-acting to every problem? Am I in danger of being my worst enemy because my EQ is running amok causing my IQ to make wrong decisions?

And he asks: "Where is your faith?"

A probing thought. Is he saying, "I am trying to help you understand that the power is in your hand to reach the other side of your journey?" as God said "I give you dominion (supreme authority) over the physical of the earth" (Gen 1) - He is instructing us about Kingdom living.

As he said, "the Kingdom has come unto you", then there is a supernatural capacity within man to overcome the storms of this life. There is an authority given by God to act in His image and in His likeness. He has handed the keys of the Kingdom for better living.

He said, "PEACE and be STILL". And all was calm. But what are we saying? Are we creating our own destiny when we say "We are going to die!"? Is the rudder of our tongue causing us to sink?

Faith... where is it? What do you believe regardless of what you currently see. We know that storms pass away but the rudder needs a helm-man to direct it if it is going to overcome. Fear lets the rudder go and the storm takes it wherever it wants but faith holds it steady knowing that this too shall pass away.

Let your faith steer your future. Don't let what your eyes currently see determine your future. Say to the storm "PEACE AND BE STILL". The calm will come. You will reach the other side.

Shalom!

Ken

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I definitely agree with all that.
I definitely think that faith can change things because that is how God created the world and made it beautiful.