• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Riding a Horse and a Thief?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Matthew 11:16-19 "But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows, And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented. For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil. The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children."

What is your point in this citation?

So what?!?!? This does not address the issue that there are indeed many different conflicting interpretations of prophesies.

Last edited:

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
What is your point in this citation?

So what?!?!? This does not address the issue that there are indeed many different conflicting interpretations of prophesies.

The answer is always within the context.

11:19 But wisdom is justified of her children.

11:8 But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft [clothing] are in kings' houses.

Interpretors have the same expectations, 99 times out of 100: They see what they want to see. Just as they looked for a savior with the regal bearing of a king who would rescue them from... I know not what, since they even were allowed to murder Jesus apart from the Roman law... instead, they forced the Roman law to bend to their needs. So does wrong interpretation. For Jesus will come when He is least expected. And to those with ears, Jesus says who John was... but to the people who wanted a king who would dance to their tune, He says something entirely different.

11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation?...
11:19 ... But wisdom is justified of her children.

When the end truely comes, they will indeed need someone to rescue them. Whom they will chose to do the rescuing speaks to their own nature: If it matches the nature of God, they will be saved.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The answer is always within the context.

11:19 But wisdom is justified of her children.

11:8 But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft [clothing] are in kings' houses.

Interpretors have the same expectations, 99 times out of 100: They see what they want to see. Just as they looked for a savior with the regal bearing of a king who would rescue them from... I know not what, since they even were allowed to murder Jesus apart from the Roman law... instead, they forced the Roman law to bend to their needs. So does wrong interpretation. For Jesus will come when He is least expected. And to those with ears, Jesus says who John was... but to the people who wanted a king who would dance to their tune, He says something entirely different.

11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation?...
11:19 ... But wisdom is justified of her children.

When the end truely comes, they will indeed need someone to rescue them. Whom they will chose to do the rescuing speaks to their own nature: If it matches the nature of God, they will be saved.

Again . . .

What is your point in this citations other than what you believe?

Rev. 19:11 (Copy and paste is not working. :()

Has Jesus coming in the clouds, on a white horse and carrying a two edged sword...

Yet, in Rev. 16:15 he "comes as a thief in the night...".

How can he do both? Um not saying he can't, just don't get it.

I LOVE questions that stump me. It gives me purpose. :)

Jesus can multiclass without race restrictions.

But in all seriousness. It's just metaphors about Christ return.

Ellen Brown

Jesus can multiclass without race restrictions.

But in all seriousness. It's just metaphors about Christ return.

Don't mean to be crabby. I hate it when people speak metaphorically because in speaking about the Bible, it seems to be just a way to completely obscure the truth, and so much that reality is completely gone.

Don't mean to be crabby. I hate it when people speak metaphorically because in speaking about the Bible, it seems to be just a way to completely obscure the truth, and so much that reality is completely gone.

Well the problem with Revelations is that it's not written in a straight forward way. Some people believe the reason why there's a lot metaphors in Revelations is because the Author was seeing the future and didn't know what certain things were so he had to interrupted into things that the people in his time would understand.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Well the problem with Revelations is that it's not written in a straight forward way. Some people believe the reason why there's a lot metaphors in Revelations is because the Author was seeing the future and didn't know what certain things were so he had to interrupted into things that the people in his time would understand.

I believe you are dealing with only one kind of Revelation as in the 'Book of Revelation.'

Ellen Brown

Um, just saying here. What if it is not Metaphorical at all? What if we are just missing the real truth?

I've been watching a confusing YouTube Video about NGC 4993, an artifact 168 million LY away. At first the collision of two brown dwarfs seems to send us particles way beyond the speed of light. Then they spend the rest of the Video 'splaining it all away. Sigh !

Lots of people say that what happened in the book of Ezekiel wasn't real. I'm open minded enough that I see the possibility that it is.

Um, just saying here. What if it is not Metaphorical at all? What if we are just missing the real truth?

I've been watching a confusing YouTube Video about NGC 4993, an artifact 168 million LY away. At first the collision of two brown dwarfs seems to send us particles way beyond the speed of light. Then they spend the rest of the Video 'splaining it all away. Sigh !

Lots of people say that what happened in the book of Ezekiel wasn't real. I'm open minded enough that I see the possibility that it is.

Possible there's a lot of history inbetween the time it was written and now.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Rev. 19:11 (Copy and paste is not working. :()

Has Jesus coming in the clouds, on a white horse and carrying a two edged sword...

Yet, in Rev. 16:15 he "comes as a thief in the night...".

How can he do both? Um not saying he can't, just don't get it.

I LOVE questions that stump me. It gives me purpose. :)

it's wonderful that you still have that hunger, that curiosity. the sky, heaven, mind is full of wonder, clouds appear to look like things, rorschach

cloudy = dark

Body like a Mountain, Heart like an Ocean, Mind like the Sky ...

Mountain, Sea, and Sky | Unfettered Mind

the tongue is a two-edged sword

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength.

But in the end she is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword.

maj19.jpg

gitty up, gitty up

maj20.jpg

Last edited: