• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Riddle me this...

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
This one's for you @Sunstone :

Riddle me this...

Riddle me this
Riddle me that
Riddle me like a Cheshire Cat

I love the riddles
they feed my soul
the make life less a bore

sitting inside watching children at play
makes me sad, fills me with so much dismay

until

I riddle me this
and riddle me that

" What is *it* that the little child and parent and puppy dog are thinking about right now ? "​

And then I soar ...

to the heights
and I'm no longer inside

I'm outside
I'm with them
we're together as one

It's like clinging to the feet of an angel
Even though... I have none.

It's a riddle
the best of its kind.

A riddle with infinite answers.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@Sunstone is still reading it, I guess ?
idk, he and I are chatting via PM, and he seems to be nocturnal due to the heat where he lives.

I'm sending him a link to this thread... I, too, was hoping for his feedback/criticisms if he had any. He's one of the best avant-garde poets I know.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
@dybmh, I love the experimentation in this one! The poem is fascinating. The metaphor of "sitting inside" is especially striking. Also, the ironic twist you give the "inside/outside" metaphor -- that's genius.

By the way, I think the poem has a great deal of truth to it. Indeed, people are relatively boring from the "outside". It's when we can see the world through their eyes -- that is, from the "inside" -- that they become engaging.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@dybmh, I love the experimentation in this one! The poem is fascinating. The metaphor of "sitting inside" is especially striking. Also, the ironic twist you give the "inside/outside" metaphor -- that's genius.

By the way, I think the poem has a great deal of truth to it. Indeed, people are relatively boring from the "outside". It's when we can see the world through their eyes -- that is, from the "inside" -- that they become engaging.
Being understood is good medicine.

Thank you, Sunstone. You have my sincerest gratitude from the very bottom of my soul.

King Phenomenon

Not bad not bad. I'm glad you like my avant-garde poetry ha ha

One thing though, I don't think a riddle can have infinite answers. Haha

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Not bad not bad. I'm glad you like my avant-garde poetry ha ha

One thing though, I don't think a riddle can have infinite answers. Haha

If you have links to your poetry, I'd certainly like to read them. The more avante garde, the better. Maybe send me a PM?

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
This poem took some effort and a couple of hints to start to comprehend, but I may have muddled through it. You are an upbeat and outgoing person on RF, so its interesting. It is indeed like a clue. Thank you for sharing it.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I found this while looking for a poem @Geoff-Allen wrote and must I say this is a wonderful poem. I liked it. I wonder...I suck at figurative language usually which is why I don't use it as much in my poetry...perhaps you might be better at that then I am? At the very least you did well here regarding figurative language...