• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Gere: Italians have changed

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
There's nothing wrong with multiculturalism. Don't you enjoy sampling the cultures of others? You don't enjoy food, art, fashion, literature, film, etc. from outside your ethnicity? Multiculturalism produces powerful nations. Most of the strongest countries and empires in history were a cosmopolitan mix of peoples. America is the most powerful nation in the world partially due to its diversity. The problem is people disrespecting their host countries and leeching off of them, behaving as a rude parasite and not as a citizen, as we see with the radical Muslims who move to the West to enjoy our material success yet hate the West.

I really respect America's diversity which is its strength...but I expect cultural oneness in my country.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
So Richard Gere wants Italy to accept immigrants that would threaten to harm (probably rape) a woman's children unless she allowed them to rape her? Sure, come on in you are all welcome...
All the refuges would do that? Are you sure? How do you know?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I think multiculturalism is destructive. Because it is the political correctness that Convinced many Americans to elect a president who was probably someone who wanted to destroy the Western Civilization.
I live in what is called the most multicultural city in the world, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is home to 200 ethnic groups, speaking 160 languages, and it is also home to dozens of public festivals every year celebrating all of our wonderful diversity. I actively enjoy most of them every year. This year, I learned how to arrange a Sikh turban at a festival in the very heart of the city, attended a salsa festival, and both an Italian and Greek street fair. Later this summer there will be celebrations of Polish and Ukrainian culture in the city's west end, and I will certainly be there for those. Oh, and I forgot the Festival of South Asia on our very multicultural Gerrard St. East.

I work in a very small office (only 15 people), yet we have people from 6 nations and 5 religions (and a couple of atheists). And when we have a pot luck lunch (which we do at least 3 times a year), we really do have fun! The variety of cuisines is a joy.

Check out "Why Multiculturalism is a Success in Canada"

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I live in what is called the most multicultural city in the world, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is home to 200 ethnic groups, speaking 160 languages, and it is also home to dozens of public festivals every year celebrating all of our wonderful diversity. I actively enjoy most of them every year. This year, I learned how to arrange a Sikh turban at a festival in the very heart of the city, attended a salsa festival, and both an Italian and Greek street fair. Later this summer there will be celebrations of Polish and Ukrainian culture in the city's west end, and I will certainly be there for those. Oh, and I forgot the Festival of South Asia on our very multicultural Gerrard St. East.

I work in a very small office (only 15 people), yet we have people from 6 nations and 5 religions (and a couple of atheists). And when we have a pot luck lunch (which we do at least 3 times a year), we really do have fun! The variety of cuisines is a joy.

Virtue signaling by geography is silly

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I was directly answering @Estro Felino 's statement: "I think multiculturalism is destructive."

Would you think it a much better argument if I said; "No it's not" and left it that? What, then, would you say was the substance of my argument?
I deeply respect your opinion but Canada - let's say, 40 years ago- had a strict policy based upon assimilation. Which was very different than Trudeau's excessive liberalism.
A right balance is needed. In Rome we also have a great love towards Chinese restsurants, Indian restaurants...etc.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

I find that most people who whine and rail against "multiculturalism" have no idea what it actually is. If it was really taken away, they'd whine over that. :rolleyes:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I deeply respect your opinion but Canada - let's say, 40 years ago- had a strict policy based upon assimilation. Which was very different than Trudeau's excessive liberalism.
A right balance is needed. In Rome we also have a great love towards Chinese restsurants, Indian restaurants...etc.
My whole point was only that I think, from what I am able to observe, that we are making multiculturalism work in Canada. Nothing is ever perfect, but the truth is that most work-places are well integrated, and when we take to the streets, it's far more often to celebrate our differences than to fight over them. That's not a bad thing, in my view.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Colonialism is the only solution.

...The West must seize and colonize the lands from where migrants come. The sooner this process begins the better.

Or the migrants could you know work hard, establish a civil govt formed from an election amongst their peers. Write/establish laws, courts, a constitution etc. Raise funds, build infrastructure, establish a civilised society.

Nah eff it.

We going to the promised land! Where all the hard work has already been done for us!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Or the migrants could you know work hard, establish a civil govt formed from an election amongst their peers. Write/establish laws, courts, a constitution etc. Raise funds, build infrastructure, establish a civilised society.

Nah eff it.

We going to the promised land! Where all the hard work has already been done for us!
Thank you, Enoch. :)