• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Dawkins is a Poopyhead!

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
And so are most atheists when you look at it.

Mr. Atheist: I am an atheist!
Innocent Bystander: So?
Mr. Atheist: Look at me!

Many think that atheism makes them interesting.

Well, at least they don't go door-knocking, handing out free copies of the God Delusion.

Darkforbid

No i am not and dont try shifting the blame for your ignorance of Atheism onto me.

I am using atheism and atheist as per the definitions. Whether you think the definitions depersonalise the user is not my problem.

That is total bull, atheism, from the greek, a-theos, meaning without gods. There is nothing more or less to add to that. Of course some atheists, me included, object to the misuse of the word by theist who just cant get their head around the concept of disbelief or they are just haters who cannot stand that people think differently to them.

Most thinking atheist find continued repeating the definition of atheist/atheism boring and pointless. And the reduction of atheistic thinking to dictionary definitions no better than ****ing on the work of famous atheists throughout history

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Most thinking atheist find continued repeating the definition of atheist/atheism boring and pointless. And the reduction of atheistic thinking to dictionary definitions no better than ****ing on the work of famous atheists throughout history

Do you really think i care?

As yet you have not been forthcoming with why you think the definition is wrong despite griping about it for 3 days while trying to discredit my view of Atheism just because it does not massage your sensibilities

What is atheistic thinking? This i have to hear but i guess just like your missing claim of the definition being wrong, this too us just a lot of hot air

Darkforbid

Well, at least they don't go door-knocking, handing out free copies of the God Delusion.
Yep, hes lazy. He has signs put on buses to save the leg work

3203147644_9a057cf69d.jpg

Darkforbid

As yet you have not been forthcoming with why you think the definition is wrong despite griping about it for 3 days while trying to discredit my view of Atheism just because it does not massage your sensibilities

What is atheistic thinking? This i have to hear but i guess just like your missing claim of the definition being wrong, this too us just a lot of hot air

I didn't say I was wrong! Just that the reduction of atheist to just the dictionary definition belittles atheists

Darkforbid

What is atheistic thinking?

**** me, really? The suff you find in Dawkins books and every other book written from an atheist perspective

ChristineM

Premium Member
I didn't say I was wrong! Just that the reduction of atheist to just the dictionary definition belittles atheists

Didn't you? You certainly attempted to show the definition inadequate.

Your opinion. Not the opinion of any atheist i have met

And what is it about Atheism you dont like... Is it the A?

ChristineM

Premium Member
What is atheistic thinking?

**** me, really? The suff you find in Dawkins books and every other book written from an atheist perspective

Nope what you find in Dawkins books is Dawkins thinking. You are confusing a single man with around 500 million people, every single one is an individual, the only thing that links them as atheist is their lack of belief in a god

Edit: besides Dawkins is not am atheist, he is agnostic

Darkforbid

Didn't you? You certainly attempted to show the definition inadequate.

Your opinion. Not the opinion of any atheist i have met

And what is it about Atheism you dont like... Is it the A?

Well you haven't met Dawkins or anyone who post on The Thinking atheist then, have you, but then I would suspect an atheist posting page after page about Atheism would not cause you to question their understanding of the word atheist

Darkforbid

Nope what you find in Dawkins books is Dawkins thinking. You are confusing a single man with around 500 million people, every single one is an individual, the only thing that links them as atheist is their lack of belief in a god

Edit: besides Dawkins is not am atheist, he is agnostic

Dawkins version of agnostic would make anyone not 100% certain God does not exist an agnostic

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Pah! Typical atheist, always finding the most efficient way to do things. They'll be on the Internet next!
I would have called FORMER scientist lazy because he doesn't do much science anymore and he keeps writing the same goddamn book and makes the same goddamn tweets over and over again. If his new career is being a comedian then he need to create new material because his current act is getting old

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I would have called FORMER scientist lazy because he doesn't do much science anymore and he keeps writing the same goddamn book and makes the same goddamn tweets over and over again. If his new career is being a comedian then he need to create new material because his current act is getting old

I think he deserves a nice retirement, which is what he'll get in the House of Lords.
"Lord Richard" will probably be a Labour peer, or maybe a cross-bencher if he's feeling really tired after all that tweeting and stuff.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Well you haven't met Dawkins or anyone who post on The Thinking atheist then, have you, but then I would suspect an atheist posting page after page about Atheism would not cause you to question their understanding of the word atheist

Actually i have met Dawkins. Now what do you do?

Hey, you started the gripe about Atheism, i simply responded to your posts addressed to me, you dont like it then you know your options.

ChristineM

Premium Member

And people keep talking about him and buying the same goddamn book. You should be so lucky