• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rh-. What sort of nonsense is this?

Ellen Brown

Lately there seems to be more conversation about Genetics, Blood Types, and Rh+ and Rh- to the point that I wonder if someone is just foolin with us? I keep hearing that all royalty has Rh- blood and that seems like it can not be a credible statement.

To be clear, I know very little about the subject. And, I am not much of a conspiracy theorist. It does make me wonder if there is a possibility that the whole of world population is merely a breeding ground like those huge stock yards I have seen?

Perhaps all of it is about just being who we are bred to be and we have no real choice at all in our suitability to God?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Lately there seems to be more conversation about Genetics, Blood Types, and Rh+ and Rh- to the point that I wonder if someone is just foolin with us? I keep hearing that all royalty has Rh- blood and that seems like it can not be a credible statement.

To be clear, I know very little about the subject. And, I am not much of a conspiracy theorist. It does make me wonder if there is a possibility that the whole of world population is merely a breeding ground like those huge stock yards I have seen?

Perhaps all of it is about just being who we are bred to be and we have no real choice at all in our suitability to God?
Quite often amateurs misunderstand scientific papers or claims. I would not worry too much. Quite often they tend to overgeneralize. For example I have known for some time that there are ties to the British royal family and a certain variety of hemophilia:

Haemophilia - Wikipedia

Hmm, traced to Queen Victoria and spread not only to the British royal family, but to royal families across Europe.

Ellen Brown

Quite often amateurs misunderstand scientific papers or claims. I would not worry too much. Quite often they tend to overgeneralize. For example I have known for some time that there are ties to the British royal family and a certain variety of hemophilia:

Haemophilia - Wikipedia

Hmm, traced to Queen Victoria and spread not only to the British royal family, but to royal families across Europe.

A not well known fact is that about 2/3 of Saudi Arabian Marriages are not allowed because of the presence of strong tendencies toward Sickle Cell Anemia due to inbreeding. My own family suffered the effects of inbreeding as we migrated across the American South from Virginia eventually to California from 1835 to the early 1900s.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A not well known fact is that about 2/3 of Saudi Arabian Marriages are not allowed because of the presence of strong tendencies toward Sickle Cell Anemia due to inbreeding. My own family suffered the effects of inbreeding as we migrated across the American South from Virginia eventually to California from 1835 to the early 1900s.

That sounds awfully high for a couple of reasons. First there is not that much malaria in Saudi Arabia, or at least I did not think there was. The mutation that causes Sickle Cell Anemia is a positive mutation in regards to the presence of the disease malaria. Second that high of a rate of marriages being disallowed could only be done if both couples had the recessive gene. That would mean an even higher percentage of the population than 2/3 would have to have that gene. Do you have a link that supports that? I am betting that someone got the science wrong.

Not that there are not diseases passed on genetically. But that particular claim sounds far to extreme to be correct.

Ellen Brown

That sounds awfully high for a couple of reasons. First there is not that much malaria in Saudi Arabia, or at least I did not think there was. The mutation that causes Sickle Cell Anemia is a positive mutation in regards to the presence of the disease malaria. Second that high of a rate of marriages being disallowed could only be done if both couples had the recessive gene. That would mean an even higher percentage of the population than 2/3 would have to have that gene. Do you have a link that supports that? I am betting that someone got the science wrong.

Not that there are not diseases passed on genetically. But that particular claim sounds far to extreme to be correct.

I only know what I have heard from Saudi Citizens and mainly women. I am no medical expert.

In the time that I was closely involved with Muslim Culture I was attending a very conservative Masjid here in America. It was my first exposure to Islam, so did not know that they were way over the top, Hanafi I think. They were so closed to mixing with others that inbreeding was common.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Talk about that is common among the David Icke lizard people types. They think that people who are Rh- are alien-human hybrids. And white supremacists think it's interesting because they think it means the person doesn't have "monkey blood" (since they think non-whites are basically monkeys) and so is "more evolved" or whatever. In reality, it doesn't really mean anything, as far as I know, but can cause issues with pregnancy if the baby is Rh+ so be sure to check with your doctor!

Tumah

Veteran Member
Talk about that is common among the David Icke lizard people types. They think that people who are Rh- are alien-human hybrids. And white supremacists think it's interesting because they think it means the person doesn't have "monkey blood" (since they think non-whites are basically monkeys) and so is "more evolved" or whatever. In reality, it doesn't really mean anything, as far as I know, but can cause issues with pregnancy if the baby is Rh+ so be sure to check with your doctor!
It all makes sense now. My wife is RH- and she's a lizard person. It's all starting to come together.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I only know what I have heard from Saudi Citizens and mainly women. I am no medical expert.

In the time that I was closely involved with Muslim Culture I was attending a very conservative Masjid here in America. It was my first exposure to Islam, so did not know that they were way over the top, Hanafi I think. They were so closed to mixing with others that inbreeding was common.
non-experts get that sort of claim wrong quite often. This article indicates That claim is overblown. Even in areas of relatively high rates of the disease only 27% of the people have at least one allele and 2.6% have ADD (they have two genes, one from each parent)'. To have the two out of three figure you claimed roughly 80% of the population would have to have at least one sickle cell gene.

Almost forgot the article:

Annals of Saudi Medicine - Epidemiology of Sickle Cell Disease in Saudi Arabia

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"The Rh blood group system is one of thirty-five known human blood group systems. It is the second most important blood group system, after the ABO blood group system. The Rh blood group system consists of 49 defined blood group antigens, among which the five antigens D, C, c, E, and e are the most important. There is no d ("little d") antigen. Rh(D) status of an individual is normally described with a positive or negative suffix after the ABO type. e.g. Someone who is A Positive has the A antigen and the Rh(D) antigen, whereas someone who is A Negative lacks the Rh(D) antigen. The terms Rh factor, Rh positive and Rh negative refer to the Rh(D) antigen only. Antibodies to Rh antigens can be involved in hemolytic transfusion reactions and antibodies to the Rh(D) and Rh(c) antigens confer significant risk of Hemolytic disease of the fetus and newborn.

The term "Rh" was originally an abbreviation of "Rhesus factor." It was discovered in 1937 by Karl Landsteiner and Alexander S. Wiener who, at the time, believed it to be a similar antigen found in rhesus monkey red blood cells. It was subsequently learned the human factor is not identical to the rhesus monkey factor; but by then, "Rhesus Group" and like terms were already in widespread, worldwide use. Thus, notwithstanding it is a misnomer, the term survives (e.g. rhesus blood group system, and the obsolete terms rhesus factor, rhesus positive, and rhesus negative - all three which actually refer specifically and only to the Rh D factor; and, thus, are misleading when unmodified). Contemporary practice is to use "Rh" as a term of art instead of "Rhesus"; viz. "Rh Group," "Rh factors," "Rh D," etc."
Rh blood group system - Wikipedia

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

Side note I found interesting. I learned just recently that, much as being a carrier of the Sickle Cell trait confers a resistance to malaria, it turns out being a carrier of the cystic fibrosis trait confers resistance to both cholera and TB.