• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF's resident hobbit is taking your questions :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
How is Hobbiton going to recover from the new ringwraiths who gave hobbits cellphones and tablets which have captured the population in technological mordor posting selfies of their every step.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Okay. Would you be so kind to reveal the meaning of your username to us?:)
Does it have something to do with Switzerland?

Helvetios

Heathen Sapiens
Okay. Would you be so kind to reveal the meaning of your username to us?:)
Does it have something to do with Switzerland?

It does! I said in response to DS that one of my favourite bands is Eluveitie, a Swiss folk metal band. This is the name of one of their albums, and the Latin name for Switzerland itself. I like how it feels when I say it. :) There's also a practical reason behind that choice: online, I like to choose interesting usernames that are uncommon in ordinary life (highly associated with me on the forum) but have many unrelated search results if someone were to Google it, hiding my profile from a casual search. If my username were unique both on RF and on the Internet in general, that would not be the case and I couldn't comfortably re-use a username even if I wanted to.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
My answer to that question, in comic form: http://www.loadingartist.com/comic/life-is-complicated/

Or, you could look up Hobbit Man (a very short extinct hominid) if you want to learn some cool things about anthropology and human evolution. And read The Hobbit if you want to learn some cool things about wizards. :)
got the whole set of dvd for xmas......
all I need now is the time for 29 hours of Hobbit

Helvetios

Heathen Sapiens
why do you call yourself a hobbit?

Because I am very very short. :D

Actually I'm about 5 feet / 152 cm, hobbits would have been around 3 feet tall. My high school had a Dutch Reformed heritage and the students were taller than average, except for the kids like me. They thought it was funny so I was Hobbit until I graduated, and then made the mistake of mentioning it in @Nietzche's presence here on RF and now that's the only thing he calls me (that, or cancergirl). So I'm stuck with it again! :p

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Because I am very very short. :D

Actually I'm about 5 feet / 152 cm, hobbits would have been around 3 feet tall. My high school had a Dutch Reformed heritage and the students were taller than average, except for the kids like me. They thought it was funny so I was Hobbit until I graduated, and then made the mistake of mentioning it in @Nietzche's presence here on RF and now that's the only thing he calls me (that, or cancergirl). So I'm stuck with it again! :p
Well, I for one think that's kinda neat!

Helvetios

Heathen Sapiens
How is Hobbiton going to recover from the new ringwraiths who gave hobbits cellphones and tablets which have captured the population in technological mordor posting selfies of their every step.

I'm not sure, seems like tourist selfies are a bigger issue than hobbit selfies at the moment. Still, given the tendency of cultures to mix together, it's only a matter of time before hobbits jump on the social media bandwagon and humans redecorate their homes to look like hobbit holes. Next you'll be asking if Sauron can see you through your phone camera... what a silly thought... *chuckles nervously*

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm not sure, seems like tourist selfies are a bigger issue than hobbit selfies at the moment. Still, given the tendency of cultures to mix together, it's only a matter of time before hobbits jump on the social media bandwagon and humans redecorate their homes to look like hobbit holes. Next you'll be asking if Sauron can see you through your phone camera... what a silly thought... *chuckles nervously*
There are no palantirs in my house. But as to hobbit hole homes:

Company Creates 'Lord of the Rings' Inspired 'Hobbit Homes'