• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF's resident hobbit is taking your questions :)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What are your favorite songs?

What do you hope to do after college graduation?

Are you a gamer?

Why do you post only so rarely?

Helvetios

Heathen Sapiens
What are your favorite songs?

What do you hope to do after college graduation?

Are you a gamer?

Why do you post only so rarely?

Favourite songs: Let It Go from Frozen, Motorhead by Amplifier, Beautiful Mine by The Butterfly Effect, Fehu by Wardruna, Power and Control by Marina and the Diamonds, Falling Apart by Neverending White Lights, Korkokengät by Stella, Olette kauniita by Happoradio, Leaving Tonight by The Birthday Massacre, and of course Helvetios by Eluveitie. Those are a few. I go through phases!

After my undergrad I'm hoping to do a master's degree, and then some kind of research. Doesn't need to be academia, but I want to solve problems and learn new things.

I wouldn't call myself a gamer. I do play games sometimes like Portal, which is my favourite, but right now I'd rather focus on drawing and painting when I have the time.

As for my posting habits, I'm a lurker by nature so it requires a lot of motivation for me to stop reading and start commenting. I feel more at home in chat where the topic shifts and I can jump in and out as I please, but I'm thinking about posting more anyway once I find some interesting topics.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
What has happened to Hobbiton after the end of the Lord of the Rings?
Are you still happily ensconced as royalty there?

And, whilst it's already kinda been asked, would you consider posting more if it was the only way to avoid me constantly pestering you to post more?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I read it shortly after it was published, before I had actually read The Hobbit or LOTR. I must have been 11 or 12 at the time...

Helvetios

Heathen Sapiens
What has happened to Hobbiton after the end of the Lord of the Rings?
Are you still happily ensconced as royalty there?

I am happily esconced in a small human-populated city. See, what happened to the Shire is that it really took a beating during the War of the Ring. Saruman's actions directly caused a great amount of environmental damage. I give all credit to Sam for using soil from Galadriel to heal the area and introduce much-needed microbes into the earth again. After the landscape was well-healed and the people were able to move on with their lives, Hobbiton residents consented to turn their town into a tourist attraction (http://www.hobbitontours.com/) and that's when I left. I hear they're doing well, and the extra income and travel certainly don't hurt the local economy.

And, whilst it's already kinda been asked, would you consider posting more if it was the only way to avoid me constantly pestering you to post more?

But you never pester me! Are you going to start now? Maybe I should consider posting more as a prophylactic measure, to prevent you from bothering me in the first place. :D

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
String! Or nothing! I don't really remember... *checks pockets* it seems to be some chocolate eggs, my phone, salmiakki, an appointment card for my doctor, and 99.9999999999% empty space.

Hmmmmm,. . . trickzzyyyy Hobbittssezzz . .. .

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
But you never pester me! Are you going to start now? Maybe I should consider posting more as a prophylactic measure, to prevent you from bothering me in the first place. :D

I'm not sure whether to take you associating me with prophylactic measures as a compliment or an insult...lol