• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF's on Islam

Your view of Islam?

• A) I hate islam, proud to be islamophobe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B) I respect Islam, but i prefer my own religion and way of lifestyle

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • C) I would convert but afraid of people's reactions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D) I am against all religions ,mkay!

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • E) Other...

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters

Kirran

Premium Member
None of the above. The majority of forms of Islam enshrine ideals which I think are destructive to society, but I do not think the religion is in some way intrinsically to blame, as there are some forms which are perfectly fine. In some Islamic traditions there is immense beauty, but I think many get too caught up in rules and doctrines. As far as I understand, Sufism is what Islam is really meant to be.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I guess a combination of b and d

Thanks for allowing multiple options

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I do not particularly respect many religions, let alone Islam, though I certainly respect peoples right to choose the religion they think is meaningful. I am greatly concerned by religious fanaticism that seems to flourish in Islam however.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
C is funny.

I can imagine that Islam would win over every other religion. I think that would not be good.

I choose E.

Islam is wayward like each and every religion, in my opinion so I can't respect IT but I do respect the people of Islam and most other religions.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Iam curious about the attitude of RF towards Islam.
Considering the attitudes of people who live in the Middle-East and observing the refugees, I'm cautious.

I'm certain that there are peace loving Muslims, they are a small minority though.

My hope for Islam is that the peaceful minority survives and reforms the religion, while radical Islam gets exterminated.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Considering the attitudes of people who live in the Middle-East and observing the refugees, I'm cautious.

I'm certain that there are peace loving Muslims, they are a small minority though.

My hope for Islam is that the peaceful minority survives and reforms the religion, while radical Islam gets exterminated.

Essentially what you want is what happened to Christianity in the west, secular society neutered it and rendered it tame. You might find some crazy Christian extremists out there but they are few and far between. Now we need that to happen to Islam, but we have entire societies and entire nations that are crazy extremists and that is a problem.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Essentially what you want is what happened to Christianity in the west, secular society neutered it and rendered it tame. You might find some crazy Christian extremists out there but they are few and far between. Now we need that to happen to Islam, but we have entire societies and entire nations that are crazy extremists and that is a problem.
Yes.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I voted 'other' as I'm indifferent and detached to Islam as a philosophy or religion. It makes no difference to me, just as the eating habits of some small country not mine. I'm curious as usual as to why people of any faith should be concerned with what others think of them. If you're secure in it, and it makes you happy, why does it matter at all what other people think?

On another note that I see as basically unrelated, I am somewhat concerned about the survival of the planet as a place where souls can inhabit physical bodies in relative peace. It would be nice if fundamentalism, 'I'm right and you're wrong' of all stripes wasn't so in the news, and radical Islam amongst several other creeds or philosophies is just one of many.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think there is much beauty in Islam and have considered converting to it before. But I haven't as my heart leads me elsewhere.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Good or bad, what do you really expect people to say about Islam, after all that we hear on the news and murdering going on in their name.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Going through all of them, in order:

A) I hate islam, proud to be islamophobe

I am no Islamophobe. I am a denouncer of the dangers and shortcomings of what I now realize to be a dangerous doctrine with self-imposed, serious flaws.

B) I respect Islam, but i prefer my own religion and way of lifestyle

Islaam has shown me to deserve little respect and I no longer think of it as a religion.

C) I would convert but afraid of people's reactions

No point in considering conversion to what amounts to glorified worship of monotheism for monotheism's sake. It would only occupy the space necessary for a true religion.

D) I am against all religions ,mkay!

Nope.

E) Other...

Yep.

MD

qualiaphile
I picked E, I dislike Islam but in many ways I have adopted some aspects of it.

It's a right wing ideology, and as such I can respect it even though I dislike it.