• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF's BEST THREAD EVER!!!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
(Note to self: I am sooooo lucky there are no "truth in thread title" laws on this forum. "Best thread ever"! HAH! HAH! HAH! I slay myself!)

QUESTION: Can a fact be considered "scientific knowledge" if that fact cannot be reliably inter-subjectively verified even in principle?

FIRST BONUS QUESTIONS: What is the relationship, if any, between a reliably inter-subjectively verified fact and a consensus of researchers or scientists? Would a consensus be likely to gather in support of something being a fact if that fact could not be reliably inter-subjectively verified even in principle?

SECOND BONUS QUESTION: Does your poor dear mother know you hang out on the internet with a lying old man prone to asking you intimate questions about "exotic" subjects and who is known to worship dancing girls?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
(Note to self: I am sooooo lucky there are no "truth in thread title" laws on this forum. "Best thread ever"! HAH! HAH! HAH! I slay myself!)

QUESTION: Can a fact be considered "scientific knowledge" if that fact cannot be reliably inter-subjectively verified even in principle?

FIRST BONUS QUESTIONS: What is the relationship, if any, between a reliably inter-subjectively verified fact and a consensus of researchers or scientists? Would a consensus be likely to gather in support of something being a fact if that fact could not be reliably inter-subjectively verified even in principle?

SECOND BONUS QUESTION: Does your poor dear mother know you hang out on the internet with a lying old man prone to asking you intimate questions about "exotic" subjects and who is known to worship dancing girls?

QUESTION: No.

FIRST BONUS QUESTION: No.

SECOND BONUS QUESTION: My mom doesn't know that I fit into the same classification.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I pretty much agree with Polymath except for the second bonus question, my mother would expect nothing less

Oh and you have been pretty busy in the last hour or so, have you nothing more productive to do than posting multiple spam??? ;-). Except one which was very thoughtful of you

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

According to Popper, no. If it can't be falsified at least in theory, it's not scientific by definition.