• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"RFfiliates" The Collected Thread

cardero

Citizen Mod
MSNG411.jpg

PAGE 41
Doppelganger returns as the resident mystic and was a popular entry in last year’s Proselytizer storyline. In that story, I kept his real identity a secret instead just preferring to display aspects of his avatar. Upon closer inspection of his avatar, I discovered that there was a person inside that ball and I found out I could portray the best of both worlds. I used his profile picture (the one where he is holding his son) and relected it in his crystal ball. Mrscardero did a promising job with the Photoshop work, the only thing I suggested was the glare at the top of the ball. The title "La Blue Girl" is from the hentai of the same name.

RF MEMBER CHECKLIST PAGE 41
Doppelganger

MSNG421.jpg

PAGE 42
What Star Trek parody would be complete without a mind-meld reference? This is the first time we see Doppelganger naked (without his ball). I used digital photography for all the hand positions (see figure 1). I find this method highly reliable in obtaining any position I want and I am using it extensively for the new season. I also introduce the Negative Zone is this scene and explain why this MidnightBlue is female. This exposition is all in preparation for the next season and goes a long way in closing this season’s dangling plot lines. The backgrounds and coloring once again was mrscardero noodling with Photoshop. I thought these simple techniques provided a lot of atmosphere.

RF MEMBER CHECKLIST PAGE 42
Panels 1-3
Doppelganger and Gentoo
Panels 4-6
Doppelganger and MissTiffiny Latex Imposter

fig2.jpg

Figure 1

MSNG431.jpg

PAGE 43

Markablue makes her “RFfiliate” debut. There is an interesting story about how I wanted to portray her. I did a profile search and even went to her website and I discovered that Markablue is a tremendous Star Trek fan who enjoys photography. I added these two interests and took some creative liberties to come up with her character. I thought it best to give her a higher authority. I wanted to try to lead readers that she was part of a group of other forum owners (the Federation) that exclusively represented RF in all cyberspace matters and situations.

RF MEMBER CHECKLIST PAGE 43
Panel 1
Sunstone, Nanda
Panel 2
Sunstone, Nanda, Markablue

MSNG441.jpg

MSNG451.jpg

PAGE 44 and 45
These two pages are an exposition on how the imposter got aboard the REX31504 for those readers who didn’t pick up or remember the previous installments. It also ties up any loose ends with the Mormulons (maybe I’ll give them their own spin-off). Mrscardero thought it may have been redundant to add this information but I am still new to sequential art and I worry (especially with readers who aren’t accustomed to reading comics) that I hadn’t included enough information or when the art and the story could be clearer.

RF MEMBER CHECKLIST PAGE 44
Panel 1
Tashan, Phasmid
Panel 3
Tashan, Phasmid, Mister_T
Panel 4
Tashan, Phasmid, Bishop Price

RF MEMBER CHECKLIST PAGE 45
Panel 2
Tashan, Bishop Price, Elder Pratt

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
MSNG461.jpg

PAGE 46

Panels 1-3
This is the last scene of the season and I wanted to give readers a little insight to what was going to happen next season. Circle_One attends this meeting because she is basically on light duty due to injuries incurred by her doppelganger in Chapter 4 (page 27). The cartoons of ye olden days used to symbolically have protruding lumps (complete with a few hairs sticking out) indicating severe head damage. The fun that Guitar’s Cry and Ringer are having (once again) a Circle_One’s expense was an afterthought and the comment from Ringer about his name was the proverbial cherry on the joke.

The next few panels are just a roll call of the away team that will be featured in the Fall storyline.

RF MEMBER CHECKLIST PAGE 46
Panel 1and 2
Ringer, Guitar’s Cry
Panel 3
Circle_One, Nanda
Panel 4
Sunstone, Ringer

MSNG471.jpg

MSNG481.jpg

PAGE 47 & 48

The last scene of the season (for those old enough to remember) is an homage to the M*A*S*H episode where Radar announces that Lieutenant Colonel Henry Blake’s chopper is shot down. I had a problem with the last splash page and I attempted 3 passes at it before deciding on the artwork that you see here. The problem was getting the proper perspective, including as many members as possible and still achieving enough emotion to make it an effective cliffhanger.

RF MEMBER CHECKLIST PAGE 48
(Clockwise)
Wandered Off, Quagmire, Nanada, Mr. Emu, 9-10ths_Penguin, Panda, Sunstone

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
PREVIOUSLY ON THE MOD SQUAD; THE NEXT GENERATION

Jeez-where to begin.

It was just another day on the REX31504. A Religious Forum Community on a 5 year expedition in cyberspace to discuss, compare and debate religion.

On this very same day they fall under attack by both the Mormulons and the Decatholons. These influential religious organizations have a similar interest in RF Member MIDNIGHTBLUE who has been unfairly accused of terrorizing these sects while on hiatus from Religious Forums.

Upon MIDNIGHTBLUE’s immediate return, he is arrested and thrown into the brig. The Decatholons and Mormulons are temporary guests aboard the REX31504 until a verdict is passed and his trial is over. This news doesn’t sit well with RF residents and their efforts to find MIDNIGHTBLUE innocent are overridden by the Federation’s verdict to banish MIDNIGHTBLUE to the Village of the Banned.

..but the problems do not end there. There is an imposter imitating RF members and causing trouble aboard the REX31504. Captain Sunstone manages to corner this stowaway in his cabin and it is quickly learned that this mischievous doppelganger is a female version of MIDNIGHTBLUE from a place known only as the Negative Zone and is indeed the source of all the Mormulons and Decatholon’s accusations (wait, it gets better).

Knowing that MIDNIGHTBLUE is now innocent, the RF Staff spring into action to clear his name and bring MIDNIGHTBLUE home. The Mormulons offer their cooperation and Sunstone is authorized to go on an away mission to obtain a writ from the NEGATVIVE ZONE’s “RF Administration” validating that the criminal MIDNIGHTBLUE is a resident from that universe. But before they could retrieve the real MIDNIGHTBLUE from the Village Of The Banned, it is learned that he has mysteriously gone missing, his RF com link and satchel returned to the REX31504 with the ominous message of his disappearance.

49A.jpg

50B.jpg

51B.jpg

52B.jpg

Ralph C.

This is the....end.
I am happy to see the start of a new season of "The Mod Squad". This chapter was fun to read and to look at. The drawing has improved, the line work more assured and confident, the story paced well, with the panels able to tell the story as well as the dialogue. The background and production work, with the little touches of light and shadow, of depth and texture, splashes of color and highlights, aid greatly in the telling of this story.

You know Cardero, with every episode of this story, I grow more and more convinced that the bestest and the coolest is to continue following this fun and addictive story, and to make the time to look at it because, we should learn before it's too late, that man is a feeling creature....

cardero

Citizen Mod
Two things that I should have announced last month to anyone who is new and has just joined this thread;

The first thing is that mrscardero has been doing a great deal of post work to my comic pages. She scans the artwork, pieces it together, cleans up the artwork, produces the borders around the panels, connects the lines, edits the dialogue, checks to make sure I have a RF badge on every character that wears one and produces any Photoshop enhancements or technical backgrounds. She's just as knee-deep into this as I am and I know she is working hard and developing some interesting work. She really does add a lot to the comic and it is a pleasure collaborating with her.

The second thing that I should remind everyone is that the character represented as Nanda in The Mod Squad is not an original character design of mine but Nanda’s creator owned character called “Lola”. I want to thank her again for permitting me to reproduce this character for another season of the Mod Squad.

60B-1.jpg

61A.jpg

62C.jpg

63A.jpg

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
68A.jpg

69D.jpg

70D.jpg

71A.jpg

IN NOVEMBER
THE NEGATIVE ZONE
(You Won’t Believe Your Eyes!!)

IN DECEMBER
Discover How Circle_One Knows About Troll Attacks Before They Happen!!

Ralph C.

This is the....end.
This was a good episode. The production was good, as it always is. The storytelling suspenseful and fun. I would like to make mention, art-wise, the artist's use of the "blacks", particularly the shadows and silhouettes when they are entering and in the cavern. I think Pat did a nice job of placing these in the panels, the contrasting of the blacks and white spaces in defining spaces in the cavern, and the shadows of the characters as in page 9 panel 3 where they are just entering the cavern. I like how Pat bent the shadow along the wall of the cavern in that panel.

Awesome episode-- Great Job!

cardero

Citizen Mod
Previously On The Mod Squad: The Next Generation:

Two crews have been dispatched from the REX31504 to resolve Midnightblue’s innocence. A group of RF and Staff members led by Administrator MysticSangHa have been ordered to City 16 (the Village Of The Banned) to find MidnightBlue (who has been reported missing) and return him properly to the Religious Forum community.

Another team made up of staff moderators, Tashan, Nanda, WanderedOff, Panda, 9/10ths_Penguin, Mr. Emu, Quagmire and Angellous_Evangellous are accompanied by Administrator Sunstone to go to the Negative Zone to return a mischievous prisoner who is an alternate version of MidnightBlue and to secure a writ from that district’s Administrator claiming that the MidnightBlue doppelganger is a member of that reality’s community which will eventually clear RF’s MidnightBlue of all the charges that are pressing against him.

After encountering a brief departure problem (no thanks to Angellous_Evangellous :slap:), the shuttle containing Sunstone’s crew sets out for their voyage. On board, Tashan applies an image inducer collar to the prisoner which finally removes the MissTiffanyLatex form revealing the true appearance of the Negative Zone version of MidnightBlue to be a small, elderly, unattractive dwarfish woman, a stark contrast to the RF’s community version of MidnightBlue to be sure. Upon approaching the black hole that will eventually get them to their objective, Panda and 9/10’s_Penguin lose control of the ship and the crew is quickly propelled into the void, destination unknown.

72B.jpg

73B.jpg

74A.jpg

75B.jpg

Last edited: