• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"RFfiliates" The Collected Thread

cardero

Citizen Mod
"RFfiliates" Strip No. 1 (Originally presented in the Religious Forums July 27 Newsletter)

rf1.jpg

rf1a.jpg
rf1b.jpg

Frubals to the first person who can identify all the current RF members

Last edited by a moderator:

cardero

Citizen Mod
"RFfiliates" Strip No. 2 (Originally presented in the Religious Forums August 3 Newsletter)

And from our resident expert Cartoonist, Cardero, a further episode in the family of :- “ RFfiliates”

Again, I need to emphasise that any resemblance to any living person is purely accidental……….

Now, I wonder what this one is about ?? For some reason, the setting rings a bell……..

rf2a.jpg
rf2b.jpg

rf2.jpg

cardero

Citizen Mod
"RFfiliates" Strip No. 3 (Originally presented in the Religious Forums August 10 Newsletter)
Once again, from our resident expert Cartoonist, Cardero, a further episode in the family of :- “ RFfiliates”
Now my friend Pat has done something quite stupendous; I will use his own words, because I cannot better them….

“I thought I would do something that I didn't think I would do. I pre-empted our regularly scheduled programming and noticed the current threads reflecting a fondness for TVOR. So I decided to do a remembrance comic for him. I do not think I will do this again because I would like to follow my own rules in that every character I use for the RFfiliates strip is an active member. I guess I was just feeling nostalgic along with everyone else.” In Memory of “The Voice Of Reason” (Join Date-June 2004 Last Post- May 2005)

rf3a.jpg

rf3b.jpg

rf3.jpg

cardero

Citizen Mod
"RFfiliates" Strip No. 4 (Originally presented in the Religious Forums August 17 Newsletter)
Once again, from our resident expert Cartoonist, Cardero, a further episode in the family of :- “ RFfiliates”

As usual, my friend Pat seems to have captured a ‘moment’ in the day of RFfiliates; combining that with his fine eye and a skill I find incredible; there is something so much greater in the Cartoonists than just pure art……

Thanks, as always, Cardero, I enjoyed this one………….

Coincidentally, My friend Pat P.M'd me this morning to remark that it seems coincidental that Captain Xeroid would be celebrating his Birthday on the same day the Newsletter is published, and that he should be one of the RFfiliates 'Stars' for this week's Cartoon..

Many happy returns of the day, Captain Xeroid
rf4.jpg

rf4a.jpg
rf4b.jpg

cardero

Citizen Mod
"RFfiliates" Strip #5 (Originally Presented in the August 24, 2006 Newsletter)

rf5a.jpg

rf5b.jpg

rf5c.jpg

rf5.jpg

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
As do I; all great pieces of work; I have them backed up here, on my hard drive and on the Newsletter website.

ayani

*dies from cuteness*

C, these are not only very well drawn, but wonderfully clever, too. thank you so much!

:D

cardero

Citizen Mod
REFLECTIONS
One of the most startling avatars I have seen on RF was Victor’s being of light/fire.

matrix.jpg

rf6b.jpg
[/IMG]

One of the most recognizable avatars on RF was Booko’s deviled chicken.
rf6a.jpg

Booko-Mod.JPG

It didn’t take long for me to realize that these were two great tastes that would go great together. The concept of the cartoon came to me quickly and I committed myself that this would be one comic strip that would rely on only pictures to carry the strip with only one word. "Booko!"

Any professional illustrator will tell you that a great cartoonist is someone who can competently convey a story without the use of a script or any words.

Some problems that came up were size and spacing. This was the first large strip I did for the RF newsletter and I was concerned not only with how much space Michel had on the newsletter to fit everything but with pacing (how to choose which pictures to use to tell an effective story). Though this is probably one of the most misunderstood of my “RFfiliates” strips both Michel and I admitted one thing to each other; Rffiliates (or at least this particular strip) should be in color. There was no way I could capture the brilliance of Victor’s avatar to make it clear what was going on. I reproduce the strip in its original black and white posting with the promise that I have learned something from this experience; that some ideas even though they sound good in my head are still difficult to execute on paper.

FROM THE SKETCHBOOK

vic3a.JPG