• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF turned me pagan!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
This was my third featured thread

Strong opposition towards any particular belief?

In this thread, I stated that the one belief I was most against was paganism. I stated that pagans where "bringing about the annihilation of mankind"

Welp. Here I am now some time later and entering the pagan life.

My partner asked me why I went pagan. To be honest I didn't exactly know what to say. I'm not so sure myself. As a kid, I was drawn to the idea of pagan practices, such as divination. I was interested in the gods too. But my Christian upbringing prevented me from exploring it. So perhaps it's been a long time in the making.

Interacting with the pagans here, and actually learning what it's about has greatly pushed me in the direction towards paganism.

It just feels right to me, it draws me towards it. and I can't be a diviner as a Christian, which I have always felt was my calling. I still identify with Eastern religion, but I think understanding the Dao doesn't contradict my pagan exploration.

I thank RF (for a lot of things) but also for selling me on the idea of paganism. My partner was wanting to be witchy when we started dating but I was like "NO THATS EVIL" but they are excited to explore that now with my change in attitude.
They’ve got you in their clutches!!!
Blink twice if you need assistance escaping :p

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I'm glad you found something that works for you. Daoism can be polytheistic or pantheistic, depending on how you view it. You can both practice eastern and western religion and I think you found something that works for you. If I were a polytheist, I'd be a soft polytheist, which is closer to atheism than polytheism. But you found a syncretic combination of beliefs that works for you. It sounds like since you've been in RF you've grown spiritually. I'm glad you found the Gods you were looking for. :)

CharmingOwl

The Dao does not necessarily contradict Paganism and I believe that in Asia many Taoists venerate their national gods such as Guan Yin in China. In the rest of the world you will notice that many pagan practices survive alongside other belief systems rather than attempting to eradicate and replace them as was done in Europe.

Viker

Häxan

In this thread, I stated that the one belief I was most against was paganism. I stated that pagans where "bringing about the annihilation of mankind"

My partner asked me why I went pagan. To be honest I didn't exactly know what to say. I'm not so sure myself. As a kid, I was drawn to the idea of pagan practices, such as divination. I was interested in the gods too. But my Christian upbringing prevented me from exploring it. So perhaps it's been a long time in the making.

Interacting with the pagans here, and actually learning what it's about has greatly pushed me in the direction towards paganism.

It just feels right to me, it draws me towards it. and I can't be a diviner as a Christian, which I have always felt was my calling. I still identify with Eastern religion, but I think understanding the Dao doesn't contradict my pagan exploration.

I thank RF (for a lot of things) but also for selling me on the idea of paganism. My partner was wanting to be witchy when we started dating but I was like "NO THATS EVIL" but they are excited to explore that now with my change in attitude.
Welcome.

If you're ever interested in the dark side I'm almost always here. :smilingimp: :p

cataway

considering that you never really was a Christian it must of been a easy step.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
considering that you never really was a Christian it must of been a easy step.
Who the heck are you to say that. I gave Christ my all for over 20 years and believed wholeheartedly. I converted many people to the cause.

Rather rude of you, don't you think? Do you really think that people who are genuinely Christians cannot change beliefs?

cataway

it doesn't take much to realize there is far more pagan belief in so-called Christian beliefs then there ever should of been

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member

RF didn't make you pagan. You did.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Being on RF had a significant impact on my decision to begin practicing Wicca. When I first joined, I was feeling anti-religious because of all the negativity I had experienced during the years when I was a Christian. I joined not long after renunciating my Christian faith, and I was on the verge of despising religion at that time. I had a short interest in Baha'i after reading a few posts, but I considered its beliefs and teachings somewhat similar to those of Christianity, so I rejected it. Not long after that, I came across some posts about Wicca and other pagan religions that piqued my interest, so I started to research Wicca, and I felt drawn to it. To make a long story short, being a Wiccan has been a very positive experience for me spiritually, and it has helped me heal emotionally. It inspired me to look into other pagan religions, which led me to polytheism. My closest friend and mentor is also a Wiccan and a medium, and her guidance as a spiritual advisor and a mentor has been invaluable to me as a medium, as a sensitive, and as a Wiccan myself. I started practicing spiritualism as a result of her spiritual guidance and personal example, and that has also been a positive experience for me.