• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rf rpg?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
is anyone up for giving it another shot?

If so, what genre would you be interested in playing? (sci-fi, fantasy, horror, some sort of mix, other?)

how would we do it? A mix of using the chat and thread functions here... maybe throw in a wiki page?)

Let me know what you think... :D

wa:do

Me Myself

Back to my username
I would like to give it a shot :D

Willing to hear what genres others would like to do. Generaly speaking I would like something that allows my char to have some powers or something o.o. I like dice, I think the chat has dice.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I'd be willing to make an attempt. I tend to favor (contemporary) fantasy settings.

Wiki sounds fun...and amusing to vandalize. :angel2:

Draka

Wonder Woman
You know I'd be up for it. I like the idea of fantasy, though a murder mystery is always good too.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
sooo does any one have a "class" or "archetype" they desire?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
So it looks like people are generally interested in fantasy, Indiana Jones/western and murder mystery....

How about a western themed fantasy... Late 19th-Early 20th century type tech in addition to a magical element.

We can try to cut down on the trope races and replace them non typical ones.
For example you could have nomadic bands of centaurs replacing orcs and providing a contrast/conflict with sedentary settlements.

I'm not going to use "classes". Players will define their characters with their abilities and actions.

I'm considering using a system called FUDGE for character creation. It's a point based system rather than a level based system. Points are given by the GM for gameplay rather than getting XP by killing random critters. Not that you won't get points for an impressive battle, but it removes some of the hack-n-slash.
Plus the character creation stuff is free online, so everyone can have access to it.
Five-point Fudge - Character Creation system for Fudge

If there isn't a skill on the list you want just run it past me and add it.

How does that sound to everyone.

*edit... the other thing I really like about FUDGE is the addition of merits and flaws to round out your character and provide a few things for the GM to build role-play opportunities around. FUDGE was one of the first games to introduce the merit/flaw system into character generation. :cool:

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
For those of you who are interested but haven't ever done this sort of thing before, no worries... I'll be glad to help you figure out how things are going to work.

The first step will be to decide what kind of character you want to play. Will they solve problems with their fists or try to talk their way out... are they down on their luck and seeking new opportunities to improve their fortunes or are they aristocrats looking for some fun and adventure so they have a good story to tell their fellows over a fine brandy.

Then you build the character to fit their personality and history and act them out as you interact with other players.

Again, if you have any questions I'll be happy to help. I can probably do a chat character generation session or discuss it over PM.