• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF RPG here

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Ok... here is the setting. Places will be color coded so when you post about where your character is and what they are doing everyone will know. That way you don't have people suddenly appearing out of nowhere. Plus you can keep an eye out for place specific plot details.

The town: Boot-Lick Flats
Boot-Lick Flats is a small town at the very edge of the frontier. The great unexplored wilderness lays just beyond the town across the river. No one is quite sure how the town got it's name, some say it was the result of bet gone wrong by the towns founders. Such small frontier towns draw all kinds of visitors and trouble to boot. With growing tension between the townsfolk, the Wild Centaurs, the ranchers and the railway men. The rail company is building outward, pushing deeper into the wild lands.

Locations in town:

Ol' Zeek's General Store... if you need it and Ol' Zeek doesn't have it, you're out of luck. Simple as that. Don't mind Squid, he's a good enough guy, if a bit odd and he helps Ol' Zeek around the place mostly by keeping the stock orderly and keeping rats out of the grain.

Broken Spoke Saloon/Stumble on Inn... The saloon is surprisingly well stocked, mostly to accommodate the bands of ranchers and railway men. They even have a player piano for those times when the piano player is feeling under the weather. Madam Bess runs the Saloon and the Inn that shares the building. It's a fairly modest establishment, the beds are clean enough and if you're willing to pay extra the baths are warm.

The Livery/Blacksmith Shop
... The place to go to stable or buy a horse or get it shod. The Blacksmith also provides basic services repairing tools.

Doc Smith Barber-Surgeon-Dentist... Doc Smith is a quiet guy who's quick and clean with a blade. Educated back in the genteel halls of academia, he doesn't look for trouble but the fact that he's as willing to treat a cattle man as his is a rail man can make things a little tense. Doc Smith also has a predilection for growing roses.

The First Bank of Boot-Lick... is the only brick building in town (it's also the only bank in town) and was recently built to secure deliveries from the outpost of Coppertown Mines.

Sheriff's office/Jailhouse... Not the sort of place you want to spend the night.
The Sheriff has work cut out for him, with all the conflicting groups and trying to keep the peace is more than a full time job.

The Ferry/Train station... The Ferry brings mule trains and wagons of the adventurous to the other side of the river and on occasion back the other way. The train station is a simple wooden building that can sell you a ticket back to Sweetwater or send a telegraph. There is some talk about building a rail bridge, but most think it's more a dream than a reality.

outside town....

The Wilderlands... the great unexplored and untamed expanse across the river. It's mostly grasslands until you get closer to the mountains where it becomes forested. Bands of Wild Centaurs rove here, most following the herds of beasts. Smaller, rowdy, groups of young males are less predictable.

Sweetwater... the next stop on the rail line and the closest settlement of any real size. It's a day by train or three by horse, depending on the conditions.

Coppertown Mines... little more than a camp this outpost is home to a few brave souls hoping to make their fortunes finding that all important seam of ore. It's five days away by mule train.

Ok guys, there you go. You can play by replying to posts here, by PM or by chat... if you play by chat please post your characters summery of what happened here so I can keep an eye on what's going on and provide plot points and so on. If you play by PM please add me for the same reasons.

Enjoy,

wa:do

Me Myself

Back to my username
It was a sunday the day I came into this town. A sunny sunday that is, and that day´s today.

I´ve had a really rough week by now and I´ve been following some crooks that fled after having robed a very handsome and inteligent man of all his well earned money a few days ago.

Hey! I am no policeman or charity! They robbed ME. And just after I put up a hell of a show that is!

I caress my horse while I direct her around "Broken Spoke Saloon". thinking up the brand new names I´ll use for me and her on this town and how hard could it be to get the info I need. Now I may not be much the figther, but no one messed with MY money.

I tell you dat.

And after tying up my horse at the outter part of the saloon, I Come in
------

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2790634-post5.html

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Angus Woolworth glides into town carried by a swarm of suprisingly strong falcons. After stuffing them all in the basket he's carrying with him, he takes a swig from his jug of whisky and spies a shady looking nameless stranger juggling knives over by the train station. He appears twitchy...like he's itching to get out of town at a moment's notice. "Howdy stranger!" he shouts drunkenly as he walks toward him. "You from around these parts?!"

edit: (he stops juggling knives pets his horse and heads for the saloon)

My kinda stranger, thinks Angus as he takes a another swig of whiskey and follows after.

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Broken Spoke Saloon

The music takes a brief atonal skip as the lanky man playing the piano takes a quick nervous glance to see who's coming in. Conversations at the few tables with any patrons stop for a moment then start up again in more hushed tones. The ox of a fellow behind the bar (quite literally picture a minotaur but with a bison like head) doesn't seem to notice except for a quick raised eyebrow and flicked ear in the direction of the musician.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Akane Kita wanders into town. How long had it been since she had been here? 1 year, 2 years? She'd lost count of the exact period. All she knew is there was money to be had and an old friend to meet. She glanced around town. It was quiet, almost too quiet. Judging by the suns position in the sky, she reasoned that most people were likely to be in the saloon at this time. Not that she planned to head anywhere else. She traversed over to the saloon to see what info she could dig up.

Draka

Wonder Woman
*Awynara stands mere feet away from the river bank across from that strange human settlement known as Boot-Lick Flats. Such odd names these humans use. The wind rustled her long auburn hair. A smell traveled upon it that she could not place, which bothered her. The wind blew not from the odd town, but from up the river. Whatever it was, would be found in that direction. She knew her family would not approve of her wandering off alone, but…she’d already stepped over that line by coming to this area of the river, so close to the town, curiosity always did have a hold on her. Her people were quite leery of humans but she’d never met any in person to have that sense of apprehension. Besides, aside from not looking too sturdy and running kind of slow (well, what can you expect from only two little legs?) they kind of looked like her people…kind of. How different could they be? Now, about that strange smell…she readjusted her quiver over her right shoulder, affixed her bow behind her left, and off she set following the river.

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The Wilderlands...

The strange smell leads to a group of humans, far from the usual river crossing. They are hauling what looks like baskets or barrels from a crude raft and tying them to mules. Two of the men are arguing over one of the containers, which seems to have tipped and spilled some of the contents. You can't quite make out what they are saying and they haven't spotted you yet... too caught up in their own drama.

Draka

Wonder Woman
"Humans, on this side of the river, they don't tend to trek this way. What on earth are they doing here?"

*Awynara mumbles to herself as she watches them curiously. She quietly settles down in the long grass so as to obscure herself from their view and continues to watch the exchange. She'd never been this close to humans before and she found them interesting to watch. In fact, one of the arguing males is kind of handsome in a way...even with his odd two legs. Should she go up and introduce herself? See if they need help? Hmm, not yet she decides. Going to wait and see the outcome of the argument and see how these odd people are with each other before throwing herself into the mix. She decides to just sit and wait and learn. Besides, the one is pleasant to look at.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Broken Spoke Saloon

The music takes a brief atonal skip as the lanky man playing the piano takes a quick nervous glance to see who's coming in. Conversations at the few tables with any patrons stop for a moment then start up again in more hushed tones. The ox of a fellow behind the bar (quite literally picture a minotaur but with a bison like head) doesn't seem to notice except for a quick raised eyebrow and flicked ear in the direction of the musician.

I enter and see the welcome party. I smile and make a gesture with my hat like if they cared and they resumed their business, half of them without noticing it anyways.

I sit on the bar and look at the Oxotaur

"Hey good fella." I greet him as he comes to me "How´s business?"

It been some looong trip to come here and I might stay a while before leaving.

9Westy9

Premium Member
Akane enters. She takes a glance across the room. "Not here then" She murmurs to herself. Guess I might as well see what info I can dig up. She walks over to the bar before taking her seat

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The Wilderlands...

The two men argue for a while longer nearly coming to blows and a pulled gun... then another man steps in and things settle back down. The nice looking one dusts himself off and the last of the barrels is loaded. The man who stepped in looks around then kicks the makeshift raft back into the river to float away, then the mule train starts on it's way.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Broken Spoke Saloon...

The bartender gives a small snort... "bout as well as ken be expected." He nods slightly in the direction of the patrons. "Ain't seen many new faces 'roun here fer a while."
He puts the glass he was polishing down with a slight thunk.
"What ken a get fer ya'?" addressing all the newcomers to the bar.

Draka

Wonder Woman
The Wilderlands…
As the humans trek away Awynara makes her way to the spot where the commotion was. There were still a few things strewn on the ground that they must have missed in their haste to get moving again. She picks through them.

A couple packages wrapped in paper and tied with some string that smelled of food.
Some broken glass that appeared to form some kind of large cup with a handle.
A small leather pouch which held some coins and a folded up piece of paper with what appeared to be a map on it with a word circled on it which said “Coppertown Mines”.

“That must be where they are headed. Wonder if they’ll be able to find it without this?” She said aloud.

Her head flew up, someone was watching her. She could feel it. Her hands flew to her bow and grasped for an arrow as she scanned the area around her.

“I know someone is there. You might as well make yourself known.”

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The Wilderlands…

"No hurt I, yes?"
The strange fellow comes out of the bushes. Looking like a strange human child, with a body that is too big and a head that is too small set on long, spindly, stiff legs.
"No hurt I you, yes?" the Armouchiquois spreads it's equally spindly arms hands open.

It wanders over, looking eagerly at the things the human travelers left behind.
"keep to you or trade to I, the human things?"

9Westy9

Premium Member
Broken Spoke Saloon...

The bartender gives a small snort... "bout as well as ken be expected." He nods slightly in the direction of the patrons. "Ain't seen many new faces 'roun here fer a while."

"A glass of bourbon and information if you will" She takes another glance around to make sure she isn't drawing too much attention

Me Myself

Back to my username
Broken Spoke Saloon...

Before I can answer I see a mysterious gal with a hooded cloack and long black hair sit right next to me.

"A glass of bourbon and information if you will" She takes another glance around to make sure she isn't drawing too much attention

I stare at her shamelessly as she looks kinda shy.

"I´ll have what she is having" I say the bar tender while still looking at her.

9Westy9

Premium Member
Before I can answer I see a mysterious gal with a hooded cloack and long black hair sit right next to me.

I stare at her shamelessly as she looks kinda shy.

"I´ll have what she is having" I say the bar tender while still looking at her.

Akane notices. While she waits for the bartender to get the drinks she turn to him and asks "Can I help you?"

Me Myself

Back to my username
Akane notices. While she waits for the bartender to get the drinks she turn to him and asks "Can I help you?"

"Well, maybe we can both help each other." I reply the girl while showing my seductive smile. I tell´ya, mamma didn´t spawn no ugly boy. Whoever mamma is...

"What kind of information do you expect with that bourbon?"

9Westy9

Premium Member
"Well, maybe we can both help each other." I reply the girl while showing my seductive smile. I tell´ya, mamma didn´t spawn no ugly boy. Whoever mamma is...

"What kind of information do you expect with that bourbon?"

She gives off half a smile, amused at the bourbon comment. "I'm new in town. I'm just trying to dig up any general information that I can. As for the bourbon... let's just say that it's a drink that I have a slight attachment to. What about you? What are you in town for?"

Me Myself

Back to my username
She gives off half a smile, amused at the bourbon comment. "I'm new in town. I'm just trying to dig up any general information that I can. As for the bourbon... let's just say that it's a drink that I have a slight attachment to. What about you? What are you in town for?"

"Oh I see. Well I am taking a rest from the long travel I made to come here of course!" I tell the lady.

"But where are my manners? I am Bob Mallady, happy to serve you" I say while I gently seek her hand to kiss as is customed.