• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF Poll

Which?

• Yes

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Now would I do something like that

plan6-934x.jpg
Ummm....because you're a bear?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
We have Guinness.
And that is the cure for your brain hurting because if you drink enough Guinness you really don't care after a while. However, there is the next morning. Hmmmm.:( Ah, just deal with that when morning comes-- maybe Guinness on corn flakes?

VioletVortex

I chose "no", both because I have no idea what I'm signing up for here, so I'd rather not sign up for it.

Also, "no" better reflects my personality than "yes" does.

Daemon Sophic

http://<a href='http://www.gifbin.c...bin/102011/1317922295_yeno_illusion.gif'></a>Wow! How does one answer such a deeply thought-provoking question? And to even attempt to sum up so many emotions and so many points of human and historical reference into a simple "yes" or "no" response. Double Wow!

First of all Tumah, let me just say that I personally would NEVER do that to any of your family members. Period.

Second: time warps not-withstanding, I don't think that we could ever get the chief magistrate of the ancient city of Tyr into the same room as Pope Francis and your mother to begin with. However, as your diagrams and rule 10 make unavoidably clear, we shall press forward with the thought problem anyway.

For the sake of time and space, for the readers of this forum, and all existence in the multiverse, I will get straight to it.

After considerable inner debate and turmoil, my answer is thus;

http://<a href='http://www.gifbin.c...bin/102011/1317922295_yeno_illusion.gif'></a>

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
My default response is no.

I prefer not to agree to something unless I know what it is. Usually if someone withholds information about something, while asking you to agree to that something, in my experience it's best to expect the worse. :D
Could not have said it better myself. To be fair though, when I am weighing doing something a bit risky but with a potentially favorable outcome I will often go up to the nearest person I know well and say, "Make a choice. Yes or No." At first I got many of the responses above, but once they became used to this odd decision making mechanism things went a lot more smoothly. I do recall one time though when the only person around was someone I didn't really trust that much. They chose, "Yes" and I used that as the reason not go ahead with the plan that day.

What is weird is that this method works pretty well. The times I got a solid, "No" usually turned out to be for good reasons that I had overlooked when I went back to the drawing board and re-examined whatever crazy idea I was hatching that day. Likewise, when I got an unequivocal, "Yes" things generally went smoothly.

I don't know, but maybe the people involved were detecting my confidence level in a given idea I was mulling by non-verbal cues. This is a distinct possibility as each person knew me very well.

Last edited:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Could not have said it better myself. To be fair though, when I am weighing doing something a bit risky but with a potentially favorable outcome I will often go up to the nearest person I know well and say, "Make a choice. Yes or No." At first I got many of the responses above, but once they became used to this odd decision making mechanism things went a lot more smoothly. I do recall one time though when the only person around was someone I didn't really trust that much. They chose, "Yes" and I used that as the reason not go ahead with the plan that day.
when I was young, this sort of decision-making pattern often resulted in "well, that didn't work out as planned.":confused:o_O:p:eek: It took me a bit to learn to be selective in asking for, and using, such responses.:D

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
I simply cannot vote. I almost always choose "other" in a poll option because I prefer to remain wishy-washy and non committal.

The problem is we rarely have enough information to make a reliable decision, and the question in this particular poll is so COMPLEX, it's like opening Pandoras box and finding a can of worms inside, or should it be a cat? It's so confusing!