• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF Facebook page and Discord Channel

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I just went into the FB group and approved all the new requests.

There's supposed to be a way to automatically approve requests, but they don't actually tell you how.
You can set it up so any member can approve new members by clicking on the "...more" button beneath the group banner, and select "edit group settings." Scroll down to the Membership Approval heading and select the "Anyone in the group" toggle option. Members will get a notification if any of their Facebook friends applies to join the group, which they can then approve.

There is also an option where you can set up automatic membership approval by requiring applicants to answer a question, which will help screen out the spam bots. You can set up to 3 questions under the Membership Requests heading, and then click the "answer questions" option in the Automatic Member Approval heading under the "Set Up Requirements" button.

There is also an option to pre-approve members by uploading a document with their e-mail addresses (which you can probably obtain from the forum records,) but I would not recommend this option at all, since it might violate the privacy agreement from Religious Forums.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Posting this tutorial here for people (like me) who don't know how to use Discord.

No idea if the tutorial is any good. I'll watch it later.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I don't see how I was either a source of drama or of controversy

I was only trying to be friendly :(
Eddi, I have no idea what happened. If it was on FB, I wasn't on there.
But, maybe it was a mistake? IDK. feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk bout it more :)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Why kick me from the channel?

I was only trying to be friendly :(
If you're talking about the Discord channel, far as I know nobody has been kicked out yet.
The system probably just timed you out.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
@Eddi it's Discord. It's a pain in the backside in all the wrong ways. No-one has kicked you and I was rather happy to see you there. I've sent you a friend request.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I think we need some Tom in the Discord Chat.

@columbus , try it... you may like it... ( life cereal commercial ref :) )

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I think we need some Tom in the Discord Chat.

@columbus , try it... you may like it... ( life cereal commercial ref :) )
I already catch flack from real life people for spending so much time on RF. It's the only internet forum I bother with.

Now some dude is luring me deeper into the pit of social media.

I've managed to dodge FB, Twitter, and all the rest of them. I honestly don't understand what was meant by "kicked off the channel".

Maybe I'll join Discord. RF has gone off the air a couple of times, it was irritating to not know why.

Yeah, I said "Off the air". Because I'm old.

Tom