• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF beard owners' society

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Here's a question for those here who have beards:

Why?

I have a beard

For two reasons:

1) Whenever I have a wet shave it is always a total bloodbath and using an electronic shaving machine just doesn't work on my face
2) I am on a mission to reclaim the beard from terrorists and jihadis, they have appropriated it and it is time for decent folk to take it back

I can think of two people here who I think have a beard:

@The Hammer and @RabbiO

Am I right in thinking you guys have beards?

And if so, may I ask why?

Anyone else here have a beard?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hubby gave up shaving when the lockdown hit. But no beard, he runs a beard trimmer over his stubble very few days.

Messianic Israelite

Here's a question for those here who have beards:

Why?

I have a beard

For two reasons:

1) Whenever I have a wet shave it is always a total bloodbath and using an electronic shaving machine just doesn't work on my face
2) I am on a mission to reclaim the beard from terrorists and jihadis, they have appropriated it and it is time for decent folk to take it back

I can think of two people here who I think have a beard:

@The Hammer and @RabbiO

Anyone else here have a beard?

Hi Eddi. Good afternoon. I'm a man, therefore I have a beard. This is according to Yahweh's Law (Leviticus 19:27) and I have never shaved my beard. I like my beard and I'm told it makes me look 'manly'. Good on you for having a beard though (although I would argue it is for the wrong reasons :)).

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Yup, I've got a beard. Like you probably for two main reasons.

The first is, I like the way I look with a beard, as opposed to a smooth baby face. It makes me look older, and a bit wiser.

The second is I had to shave everyday for 10 years while I was in the Navy, and I vowed not to shave after I got out. And I haven't. My face feels healthier then it did while shaving. The skin is in better condition.

Messianic Israelite

*pokes head in as a bearded woman then slowly closes the door.*
Hi ADigitalArtist. Ah, I figured someone would have mentioned this. In my experience here on RF, seems whenever you stand up for men having beards, someone posts images or mentions that of women with facial hair. Excessive or unwanted hair that grows on a woman's body and face is caused by hirsutism, a condition that affects only a small percentage of women. They are permitted to shave. 90% of women don't have this problem.

Men are not permitted to shave their beards by Yahweh's Law. Men and women are supposed to look different. Logically, we can actually see that women and men already have traits which differentiate them (to the most part). "Sexual dimorphism" is the scientific term for physical differences between males and females of a species. There is usually some clear identifier to differentiate the genders. Yahweh has said in His Law that men are to have beards. In humans, the more testosterone a man has, the stronger his brow, cheekbones and jaw line. Meanwhile, the more estrogen a woman has, the wider her face, fuller her lips and the higher her eyebrows according to LiveScience.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Really? Lucky. That's a benefit I haven't noticed at all.

If you're outdoors a lot you can do a little experiment:

1 - go outside with your beard and notice how your face feels in the cold.
2 - shave, and go outside again and see if you notice a difference.

I notice a difference :)

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi ADigitalArtist. Ah, I figured someone would have mentioned this. In my experience here on RF, seems whenever you stand up for men having beards, someone posts images or mentions that of women with facial hair. Excessive or unwanted hair that grows on a woman's body and face is caused by hirsutism, a condition that affects only a small percentage of women. They are permitted to shave. 90% of women don't have this problem.

Men are not permitted to shave their beards by Yahweh's Law. Men and women are supposed to look different. Logically, we can actually see that women and men already have traits which differentiate them (to the most part). "Sexual dimorphism" is the scientific term for physical differences between males and females of a species. There is usually some clear identifier to differentiate the genders. Yahweh has said in His Law that men are to have beards. In humans, the more testosterone a man has, the stronger his brow, cheekbones and jaw line. Meanwhile, the more estrogen a woman has, the wider her face, fuller her lips and the higher her eyebrows according to LiveScience.
I've always had low estrogen and higher androgen. I don't consider it unwanted or unnatural. Just a part of being me. :) Sometimes women can grow beards. Sometimes men can't. Nothing wrong with either of those things.

Messianic Israelite

I've always had low estrogen and higher androgen. I don't consider it unwanted or unnatural. Just a part of being me. :) Sometimes women can grow beards. Sometimes men can't. Nothing wrong with either of those things.

ADigitalArtist. Good afternoon. In my experience most women don't want to sport a beard so the option is open for them to shave. Some men can't grow beards, you are right. Although I can't find an exact figure of the percentage of men who cannot grow beards, it does happen, yes. However, most men can grow beards. They aren't violating the Law if they can't do so. Those who can are simply not to shave. In the Kingdom of Yahweh, all men who can do so, will have beards.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
@Eddi -

i would shave my beard, but everytime I go to do it there’s this old guy in the mirror blocking my view.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
ADigitalArtist. Good afternoon. In my experience most women don't want to sport a beard so the option is open for them to shave. Some men can't grow beards, you are right. Although I can't find an exact figure of the percentage of men who cannot grow beards, it does happen, yes. However, most men can grow beards. They aren't violating the Law if they can't do so. Those who can are simply not to shave. In the Kingdom of Yahweh, all men who can do so, will have beards.

Thankfully I've stopped worrying about what fundamentalists want me to do with my life. I'm happily a man who is just as biologically male as anyone else, and I have a clean shaven face. :) I happen to like the way I look without facial hair (though I allow a little scruff now and then).

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I am bearded because:

A. I'm lazy
B. To hide my numerous chins
C. It makes me a chick magnet
D. If your Dad doesn't have a beard you've got two Mums.