• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF - a positive, inclusive forum

Deidre

I've been on this site for a few years, and while I don't post as often as I used to, I still lurk from time to time, and I'm always happy to see the inclusiveness of this site. Not to say it's free of clique-ness, that's just human nature, but I've been on other forums over the past few years, and the cliques there are strong. What these sites don't realize is that membership will slip, losing good posters, because the mods do nothing to stop the bullying, and rudeness that seems to exist on other sites. Maybe because this site attracts diversity, while other sites seem to have a central theme, and if you don't agree with that theme, you're not part of the group. Either way, this site wins in my mind as a site that breeds inclusiveness. :trophy:

I've been on this site for a few years, and while I don't post as often as I used to, I still lurk from time to time, and I'm always happy to see the inclusiveness of this site. Not to say it's free of clique-ness, that's just human nature, but I've been on other forums over the past few years, and the cliques there are strong. What these sites don't realize is that membership will slip, losing good posters, because the mods do nothing to stop the bullying, and rudeness that seems to exist on other sites. Maybe because this site attracts diversity, while other sites seem to have a central theme, and if you don't agree with that theme, you're not part of the group. Either way, this site wins in my mind as a site that breeds inclusiveness. :trophy:

I agree. Just so long as your opinions are 3 notches to the left of Stalin.

Have you noticed yet that despite having opinions to 3 notches to the right of Hitler, no one has kicked you off the Forum for it? Let me know when that fact sinks in.
That is not at all true. I've been banned from here for saying unpopular things 6 or 7 times.

You were saying?

Maybe it's HOW you said it, not what you were saying. Just saying. :D I like your directness, but maybe it can come across harsh to others.
None of those times were any RF rules broken.

Of course it'll probably be another 3 month vacation for me now for even mentioning it. See you on the flip side.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I agree. Just so long as your opinions are 3 notches to the left of Stalin.
I wonder if people consider my views 3 notches to the left of Stalin? Would be nice to hear what people really thought about my musings here without them having to worry about breaking any rules.

Feel free to PM all, I won't report.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That is not at all true. I've been banned from here for saying unpopular things 6 or 7 times.

You were saying?
'Saying unpopular things' must be code for 'regularly harassing and insulting members' now adays.
Plenty of conservative, libertarian and otherwise independent people here have no trouble being that and also following the site rules.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been on this site for a few years, and while I don't post as often as I used to, I still lurk from time to time, and I'm always happy to see the inclusiveness of this site. Not to say it's free of clique-ness, that's just human nature, but I've been on other forums over the past few years, and the cliques there are strong. What these <iframe src="Minions GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="361" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="Minions GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY">via GIPHY</a></p>sites don't realize is that membership will slip, losing good posters, because the mods do nothing to stop the bullying, and rudeness that seems to exist on other sites. Maybe because this site attracts diversity, while other sites seem to have a central theme, and if you don't agree with that theme, you're not part of the group. Either way, this site wins in my mind as a site that breeds inclusiveness. :trophy:
Thanks Deidre. It's also the reason I too stick around here rather than any other forum. And now I am staff too. Wheeee!

images

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I (and several others) came here about a year ago from another forum that was essentially a food fight.

It took me a few weeks to get used RF and i agree with you 100%

Deidre

The greatest thing on RF is how syncretic most posters are. Most have a foot in at least two camps if not more, or are just generally interested, it's all good.
It opens people's minds to different cultures and religious views, without it being intrusive. It's inviting for the most part. I've known a few posters who don't post here anymore because they felt the opposite, but that happens. Compared to Christian forums lol omg, night and day. Christian forums are very exclusive, and uninviting to other spiritual thoughts.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I've lost count of the number of forums where I've been kicked off, either from a silly joke or because they felt threatened by my views - not that outlandish either - their loss. I like this forum because of the mix of people, the range of topics, the format, and the way one can customise and/or amend posts to correct things or add items missed. I can accept that we will all have varying views and I try to respect that. I am a lot more relaxed than I used to be but even before I was never that rude to others or aggressive. I think it is ridiculous to ban people, especially when no warnings are given on some forums. I've seen posters with +10,000 posts being kicked off too - what kind of message does that send out? Keep up the good work. I'm even thinking of splashing the cash. :p :p :eek:

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Christian forums are very exclusive, and uninviting to other spiritual thoughts.
I've gotten banned from Christian Forums for starting a thread explaining the basic principles of Pastafarianism. Then I got banned another 4 times because I made alts reply to that thread. What a cruel, cruel world.

Jumi

There's a lot of good here. This has helped me become more tolerant to views I don't agree with. The rare posters that cross my bottom line have become increasingly rare of late.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I have to admit that I do like this site. I also find the moderation rather evenly enforced. And that is after being on the wrong side of moderation a few times. I have not had to take a break yet and will strive not to push the limits too far. After having been on sites where the moderation is rather biased and on those with little to none this site is a welcome change of pace.