• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reverend Rick passed away

Malynne

Rick passed away last month. He fought a long battle with diabetes and cancer. He would have wanted his RF friends to know.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
My sympathies and condolences to his friends and loved ones. I enjoyed my interactions with him here. He was a good guy, and I'm sorry to hear that he has passed.

4consideration

Premium Member
I'm sorry to hear that. I remember him, and have noticed his absence here.

Thank you for telling us.

My condolences.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Thank you so much for letting us know!.

My condolences to you, Malynne, and to the rest of his family and friends. I hope your memories of him can provide you with some measure of consolation.

Rick and I enjoyed a somewhat improbable friendship. Improbable because we were so often at odds with each other in our political opinions. Yet, we shared a deep respect for each other as persons., and we now and then consulted each other about non-political matters. When he expressed an interest in becoming an Administrator of this Forum, I had such complete confidence in the fairness and integrity of his judgment that I supported him for the position without any reservations.

I've always regretted I was never in a position to accept his invitations to visit him at his home. For one thing, he promised he'd let me skinny dip off that houseboat of his! :D

May he rest in peace.

Rough Beast Sloucher

It's My Birthday!
I am too much of a newcomer here to know anything about Reverend Rick, but I can see from the sentiments expressed above that he was a special person, respected and admired. As it is I can offer no thoughts of my own in his memory, only sincere condolences to his family and friends. Yet no death should ever be without significance whether one knew the person or not. It is the fate we all will share and news of a death should give us pause to reflect on who and where we are in the great scheme of things, individually and collectively, and where we ought to be. As John Donne put it...

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Our hearts are with you and with all his loved ones.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for letting us know, Malynne.

Rick was well liked and much respected here.

So sorry for your loss.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
RIP Rick. Thank you for everything you've done for this place.

10186.jpg

Reverend Rick

InChrist

Free4ever
Very sorry, praying for God's peace and comfort for his family and friends.
I remember Reverend Rick.:cry:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Didn't know Rick as well as others. Just wanted to express my sympathies and wish his survivors the best as possible under trying circumstances. Rip. _/\_

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Reverend Rick was a kind soul. He will be missed. Thanks, @Malynne for letting us know and also know that you are in our thoughts. I hope the family and yourself are doing well as is possible. My sincere condolences.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Rick passed away last month. He fought a long battle with diabetes and cancer. He would have wanted his RF friends to know.
Dang, I was wondering how he was doing after moving to his dream house off the grid.
He was a wonderful guy, a fun conversationalist, & an exceptional staffer.
We had so much in common, despite disagreeing on about 90% of things.
RIP, dude.
8_stems_of_pink_oriental_lilies_in_glass_vase.jpg

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for letting us know.

My condolences to his family and friends. He was a very kind, funny, and sincere man. May he rest in peace.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I’m so sorry to hear this news. Rick was a great member and I enjoyed his posts. Condolences to his family and friends. Thank you, Malynne, for letting us know.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
My condolences. May God rest his soul with the righteous, and may He comfort you, Malynne, and all his friends and family. Lord have mercy. Memory eternal.