• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Revelation" is still future.

Bick

It is my sincere belief, based upon what John the writer tell us in Revelation 1:10, that the events recorded in Revelation are still in the future.

he was "..in spirit in the Lord's day.."

This is a literal rendition for the article "the" before "spirit" is not there in the Greek text; and John was (in his vision) in the Lord's day---the day of the Lord, which is yet in the future.

Much confusion and misinterpretation occurs, IMO, when the historic view is believed to be correct.

A

angellous_evangellous

It is my sincere belief, based upon what John the writer tell us in Revelation 1:10, that the events recorded in Revelation are still in the future.

he was "..in spirit in the Lord's day.."

This is a literal rendition for the article "the" before "spirit" is not there in the Greek text; and John was (in his vision) in the Lord's day---the day of the Lord, which is yet in the future.

Much confusion and misinterpretation occurs, IMO, when the historic view is believed to be correct.

The usual interpretation is temporal "on the Lord's day" which means that it was on "the Lord's day" = Sunday, the day of worship.

You've made two errors in Greek - one of them by missing the temporal nature of "in / on" and jumping from "the Lord's day" to "the day of the Lord."

I would explain it in more detail, but I'd bet the farm that you don't know anything about Greek or biblical interpretation. :shrug:

dan b

See Hebrew and Christian time-keeping. Wer'e in the Millennium in European Christian Israel today. But the rest of the world is "the pit." Rev.20;1.2