• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revelation 3:5

fromthe heart

Christians only please.

According to this scripture :
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

I didn't know that ones name could be blotted out of the book of life.

What do you think this means or what do you feel would constitute having ones name removed from the book of life???

may

fromthe heart said:
Christians only please.

According to this scripture :
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

I didn't know that ones name could be blotted out of the book of life.

What do you think this means or what do you feel would constitute having ones name removed from the book of life???
the white robes identify them as christians , butthey can fall away from true worship and become spotted and dirty so they lose their identity they could take on false worship.

Jesus tells us that if we don't acknowledge Him before men He won't acknowledge us before the Father... that could be it... don't know I'll have to look at it and the context later.

Linus

I would say it refers to those who overcome the trials and temptations of life, serving God and not forsaking Him.

jonny

Linus said:
I would say it refers to those who overcome the trials and temptations of life, serving God and not forsaking Him.
I agree with this. You could also make an argument that you have "overcome" the natural man.

For me, the first thing that popped into my head was the phrase "endure to the end." We need to remain eternally faithful to God.

Linus

jonny said:
You could also make an argument that you have "overcome" the natural man.
Maybe. I guess it depends on what exactly is meant by that phrase. It sounds like the two boil down to pretty much the same thing.

For me, the first thing that popped into my head was the phrase "endure to the end." We need to remain eternally faithful to God. [/QUOTE]
Let me give a hardy Amen to that.

may

But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved MATTHEW 24;13 Yes it would be something to endure if you were hated

and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name ...matthew 24;9 yes on account of Jesus name and what that name represents true christians would be hated ,so what does Jesus name represent it represents his father Jehovah God. yes Jesus followers would be doing the work that Jesus told them to do

And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The Defender's notes for that verse read as follows :-

All whose names are not in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:15), and all who reject the words of Scripture will have their names blotted out (see note on Revelation 22:19). On the other hand, those who overcome will never compromise their faith in Christ, even at the risk of their lives (Revelation 13:8). It seems probable that all who enter the world have their names in the Lamb's book of life and are safe in Him until they reach an age of accountability and become conscious sinners. At that point they are spiritually dead and need salvation, but their names are not actually blotted out of the book of life until they have irrevocably rejected Christ.