• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revelation 3:11. Can God send to hell a saint?

questfortruth

The saint Bob lives in a world full of crazy sinners.
But Bob does not make compromises with satan.
Therefore, he is causing more harm than benefit.
The people around him are losing sleep and peace,
and the people commit more sins because they try to destroy
the holy man -- Bob. They constantly insult him.

They even call him Dark Knight, heretic, and Joker.

Will God accept their opinion?
Will God agree with entire humankind that Bob is a
trouble-maker and must end up in hell?

This is my understanding of
"Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."
Revelation 3:11. This verse commands me to stop talking about God and my
thoughts in public space. Am I correct?

Last edited:

Truth in love

That is not what I see there.

I think we need to be kind in our actions. We are judge by our thoughts, works, desires etc. God can perfectly take into account the circumstances of our lives.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
"If Hell were real, each occupant would be a shining reminder that God has failed." - Robert Ingersoll

Can God send to hell a saint?....
"Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

I think God can, but I don't think He will.

Revelation 3:11 is said to the angel of the assembly in Philadelphia. I don't think it commands anyone to stop talking about God. Why do you think it does that?

Muffled

Jesus in me

The saint Bob lives in a world full of crazy sinners.
But Bob does not make compromises with satan.
Therefore, he is causing more harm than benefit.
The people around him are losing sleep and peace,
and the people commit more sins because they try to destroy
the holy man -- Bob. They constantly insult him.

They even call him Dark Knight, heretic, and Joker.

Will God accept their opinion?
Will God agree with entire humankind that Bob is a
trouble-maker and must end up in hell?

This is my understanding of

I believe you are in error and not everyone gets a crown anyway. Some come by fire.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
It wasn't God who failed but the people there who failed.

If God is merciful, all-powerful and loving, hell wouldn't exist. God does send people to hell. The idea that we do it is gaslighting. No want puts themselves in a eternal torture chamber. No one wants to go to hell.

questfortruth

Why do you think it does that?
I felt it. All humankind hates me. But I am very honest and good person. Hence, if I will continue the humans will end up in hell. Together with me, because I have not stopped. I have to be silent.

Last edited:

I felt it. All humankind hates me. But I am very honest and good person. Hence, if I will continue the humans will end up in hell. Together with me, because I have not stopped. I have to be silent.

I don't know if you are good. Jesus said only God is good. But, anyway, I don't hate you. And if someone goes to hell, it happens because he is not righteous, not because of you.

Jesus asked him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good, except one-God.
Luke 18:19

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Sadomasochism (/ˌseɪdoʊˈmæsəkɪzəm/ SAY-doh-MASS-ə-kiz-əm)[1] is the giving and receiving of pleasure from acts involving the receipt or infliction of pain or humiliation.[2]

That's your God. and your saints. There's tons of teachings and writings that those in heaven take pleasure in the torture of the damned. It's called the Abominable Fancy.

Why would anyone, unless they are very sick in the head, want to watch people being tortured for fun?