• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revelation 14:13

Frank Goad

In Revelation 14:13.How can you be happy and at rest.If you are waiting to be brought back to life?Like in Ecclesiastes 9:5?:)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
In Revelation 14:13.How can you be happy and at rest.If you are waiting to be brought back to life?Like in Ecclesiastes 9:5?:)
I understand "to die in the Lord" to mean that they have realized Heaven and thus "they may rest from their labors" meaning to never incarnate again. To realize Heaven is to gain eternal spiritual life, not carnal life which is temporary.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The spirit component of the human soul can easily be happy and at rest while the physical component of the human soul (i.e., the body) is lifeless and unknowing of anything.

2ndpillar

Those who "die in the Lord", are those who die to themselves and are born again in their present life. They neither fear death, nor are they tossed around by the winds. As for Ecc 9:5, the living know they will die, but the lost do not, and in the words of the leader of the lost, the false prophet Paul, "we shall not all sleep/die", the same message given by the serpent in Genesis 3:4.

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
First understand Jesus never called himself a "Lamb" because he is not one. Listen to Jesus. The Shepherd (Jesus did call himself the Shepherd), does not morph into a Lamb for slaughter. The Lamb "slain from the beginning" is Abraham that invented his own creation story and set up a religion that exalts him, that accepted lamb slaughter for sins while worshipping a Lord God that Abraham invented to exalt himself to a throne gained by killing people that would not believe his lies as truth. The Lamb is an antichrist because he claims the Christ is a son of Abraham/David not a son of God
Jesus was sent to remove belief in Abraham and his lies.
The final war, WW3 described in Revelation does have a son of Abraham, a supporter of his lies rising to kill people and he is slain in that war.

There are many heavens according to scripture and ours is the sky where birds fly above our heads according to Genesis 1. People are symbolically described as water and the voices are declaring war around the globe The 4 Beasts are the 4 causes of WW3 and they all expect to rule Earth after war so they stand before the throne. The song is advanced computer code that only a certain number of people know thus they can communicate undetected structuring war laying out plans for it.

This war is a battle between religions, between good and evil. These war planners were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
God, Father of Jesus is the Good that commands love even your enemy and the Lamb, Antichrist is the Evil that demands people die to serve his religious beliefs.
Before War starts, War planners congregate to discuss how the war is to be fought so they are the firstfruits of war. The selected, because they are technologically advanced, have tracked the movements of the Antichrist, Lamb, following him and have intel as to his military plans.
The son of man is the prince Jesus warns is coming with nothing in him. He is a military commander that supports Abraham. Jesus does not speak in this war because he taught against it.
Jesus Christ Son of God never did and never will kill anyone because that would break the command of God to not kill.
Verse 13 is nothing more than the usual prep talk Commanders, their Lord, give their military men and this one came over the internet, the sky.
And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them."
It is a "Be brave unto death because you are fighting for the right cause and people will honor your death" speech.

Triumph

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
In Revelation 14:13.How can you be happy and at rest.If you are waiting to be brought back to life? Like in Ecclesiastes 9:5?:)
It does not say GOD. It says Lord and every human King/ruler in the Bible is called," Lord ". The God, Father of us all, that commands do not kill and love one another is not involved in the final war on Earth and wants it never to start. The Beast has a man's name because the Beast is War and War does not exist without men killing people. If people start war they have taken the Mark of the Beast.
Verse 14, Clouds are water vapor so when a man "sits" on a cloud that represents a fighter pilot that sits in the cockpit with a vapor cone, a cloud on his wings and in his hand is the ability to fire the missiles beneath his wings to reap the lives of people beneath him. Today very expensive technology is in the helmet of the pilot and some jets like the F-22 actually have gold infused domes over the pilots head as if a crown.
Verse 13 is the pep talk pilots are given by their military commander also called a "Lord" in the Bible before battle. Men have already died and these men are preparing to fight because those other men were killed. The pilots are told they are blessed for fighting for their country and beliefs. Win battle then, "they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them." Their works will stop the enemy from continuing to kill so when they return victorious from battle, they can rest from fighting and not have to enter an air battle again after peace is established.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
in old testament there is no such thing as resurrection.
only Daniel and maccabess mention it.
therfore it's incorrect to compare ecclesiastes and revelation for explanation of death.

Gezellig

in old testament there is no such thing as resurrection.
only Daniel and maccabess mention it.
therfore it's incorrect to compare ecclesiastes and revelation for explanation of death.
Thank you for reminding me about Daniel 12:13.
The resurrection is mentioned in Job.
Therefore, the theme of the resurrection is present in the Old Testament.
The literal resurrection is when the prophet Elisha resurrected the boy.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
" Revelation 14:13 "

The above verse " Revelation 14:13 " has not been colored in red in the following Red Letter Bibles:

Holy Bible King James Version (Red Letter Edition)
The Roman Catholic Holy Bible with the words of Jesus in red.
World Messianic Bible

and that means neither (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, spoke it nor authored it nor wrote it and , therefore, it is not a reliable source for guidance in ethical, moral and or spiritual matters for one who loves Yeshua, it transpires. Right?

Regards

Revelation 14:13 and Ecclesiastes 9:5 are both correct; however, these scriptures are not referring to the same group of people. Revelation is referring to the anointed class (144,000) of who are resurrected immediately upon the death of their physical bodies. They are happy-in part- for justice. This liken to Genesis 4:10. Able’s blood was not speaking, but the figurative (simile) justice for his innocent death.-Luke 13:31; John 14:13; 1 Corinthians 15:23; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:6.

Ecclesiastes is referring to the righteous that have already died and will die and wait for a resurrection.-John 10:16: 1 Corinthians 15:23.

Gezellig

The verse from Revelation is better suited to understanding the verse from Ecclesiastes 7:1 (or vice versa), where it says that the day of death is better than the day of birth. Revelation 14:13 says that "happy are the dead who die in the Lord ..." Death for a person is a moment in his life, which a person showed whether he was faithful to God or not. Therefore, the day of death is better than the day of birth, because the birth of a person does not show what he will be in the eyes of God. On the day of his death, God already knows what kind of person he turned out to be.

Elihoenai

Ecclesiastes 9:5 and Revelation 14:13 are Unified Holy Scriptures. With Exoteric Knowledge you cannot Really See the Unification. Exoteric Knowledge is for the Earthly Church/General Public and we are on a Public Forum.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

Genesis 11:5-9

5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

The Holy Scriptures of Revelation 14:13 asserts that the Dead are Happy while Ecclesiastes 9:5 asserts that the Dead does not know anything and their Memory is Forgotten. How do you reconcile these Holy Scriptures?

Can you see the Babylon in this thread? Babylon is Elohim/God Ordained? To resolve these Holy Scripture members assertions include: one is right implying other is wrong, Yeshua/Jesus was sent to remove the lies of Abraham, it is incorrect to compare them, that Revelation 14:13 is not a reliable source, these Holy Scriptures are not referring to the same group of people and that Ecclesiastes 7:1 is better suited to compare.

Other members have provided different perspectives.

How do you Reconcile these Holy Scriptures?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
The verse from Revelation is better suited to understanding the verse from Ecclesiastes 7:1 (or vice versa), where it says that the day of death is better than the day of birth. Revelation 14:13 says that "happy are the dead who die in the Lord ..." Death for a person is a moment in his life, which a person showed whether he was faithful to God or not. Therefore, the day of death is better than the day of birth, because the birth of a person does not show what he will be in the eyes of God. On the day of his death, God already knows what kind of person he turned out to be.
Yes, I agree with ‘day of departing is better than the day of arriving!’

Imagine a very old wizand mother elephant talking to a recent born calf:
  • ‘Son,’ She says, ‘ look around at this herd. See all the different family members. Which would you choose to be if there was a choice?
  • Calf says, ‘Me! Cos I don’t need to do anything. I get free milk, I’m protected by all of yous grown ups, I can play as much as I like, sleep when I want - you grown ups are always bickering, anxious, wary, weary, and looking out for trouble!!’
  • ‘Hmmm…, ‘ She thinks! ‘The mind of a child looks to comfort and ease - and for sure it is theirs … for a while! But he does not know what is before him… he does not yet know the horrors of the poachers gun, the times of the torrents in the rivers, the seemingly endless trek across dry dusty desert crossings, the fights for right to breed between his family brothers and his enemy brothers, being hunted by packs of lions… all these things and more he has yet to encounter!’
  • ‘Ah, my one year old grandSon,’ She continues to him, ‘Look at your great grandfather?’
  • ‘Ew!,‘ he cringed, ‘He’s old and worn out - look at his droopy skin and broken tusks, scarred body, and he can’t even fight!!’
  • ‘But Son,’ she replies, gently caressing his back with her trunk. ‘He going to die soon…! He’s happy! He’s 103 years old; seen everything in his life that an elephant could see. He was captured and put in a man-cage but broke out and escaped, shot at by poachers but trampled them and saved me when I was your age. He led the way to the feeding grounds after his mother and Father died, he saved many from the torrent rivers after the floods by digging down a river bank, stomped over alligators, too. He’s seen how many generations of us: Great grand parents, parents, me, your mother, and now you!!… His life’s work follows him in forging and maintains our and other family lines. And therefore, surely, his passing is greater than the joy of the day he was born!!!’
And we see the same wherein Jesus Christ says ONLY TO CELEBRATE HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION: ‘Drink this wine and eat my blood in memory of me!’ (Metaphor / figurative). He never said to celebrate his BIRTH!!

For, though the birth was great - the dying was greater in that it was in the dying that showed the greatness of the man!:
  • ‘Surely this was the Son of God!’

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
I understand "to die in the Lord" to mean that they have realized Heaven and thus "they may rest from their labors" meaning to never incarnate again. To realize Heaven is to gain eternal spiritual life, not carnal life which is temporary.

I believe there is an incarnation into eternal life and that is worth waiting for.