• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revealed Prayers to Understand Oneness of God and to Get Safety from God

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace and mercy of Allah be on you.... A momin, a person who claims he believes in Allah the Exalted, he should always keep this commandment of His before him that Allah the Exalted has made us for ‘ibadat’ (worship, devotion), as He says ‘wa ma khalaqtul jinna wal insa illa leyabodoon’ -- I have made jinn and ins (hidden and common people) for ibadat.

==

Allah the Exalted told us, ways of ibadat, which contain apparent movement and pauses, and also words of prayers which can also be called ‘zikr’.

Salaat contains both these things i.e. apparent movements and zikr / prayers too. But, in addition to Salaat-s, a momin should do zikr and prayers and keep remembering God the Exalted.

In Holy Quran, Allah the Exalted taught us various prayers, in reference to various Prophets, which we can recite in Salaat and also as zikr while moving here and there.

==

Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (may Allah be his Helper) further said that often people ask him that they have lot of worries and troubles, please tell any prayer and zikr for keep repeating for removal of their difficulties and troubles..... Huzur (a t) said, he usually writes them to pay attention to Salaats, pray during sajdas / prostrations, pray during Salaat and seek help from their God the Exalted. But today he wanted to tell about a zikr which is a Sunnah of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) too and prayers revealed by God the Exalted. By reciting with pondering at its meaning, as human gets understanding of Tauheed (Oneness) of Allah the Exalted, he also comes in safety and shelter of Allah the Exalted, and remains secure from all kind of evils.

==

Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) himself not only used to read these verses and prayers regularly before sleeping at night but would instruct Sahabah to recite. He (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) mentioned importance and benefits of these prayers on many occasions.

==

In this regard, a tradition is mentioned about the personal act of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him). According to tradition, before sleeping, Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) would recite ‘ayatul kursi’ , surah al-ikhlas , surah al-falaq and surah al-nas (last 3 are last 3 chapters of Holy Quran) and would blow breath at hands and then would slide hands at body, from head to where these could reach.

==

So the act which, he (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) continued to do regularly, it became his Sunnah / practice and every Muslim should do this act. ...We Ahmadis should make special effort to practice it, especially in these condition we are passing through - as Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) has more guided to act on each Sunnah of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him)...And especially attention should be given to Salaat, azkar and prayers for not only personal, spiritual and worldly needs but to avoid from attempts of evils, discords and jealousies against Jama'at, by considering it as extremely important obligation.

==

The importance of this zikr and prayer is found in some more ahadith (sayings of Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be on him), too, which are being presented.

Explanation about ‘ayatul kursi’ was provided in sermon of February 2, 2018 (alislam.org).

Now 3 last surah-s / chapters of Noble Quran are being stated with respect to ahadith that how, repeatedly and in various ways, Hazrat Noble Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) talqin farmai his Sahabah / companions.

A tradition narrated by Hazrat Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) : Each nigh when Hazrat Noble Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) would lay in bed for sleep, he would join his palms and blow breathe at these, and read in these ‘qul howallaho ahad wa qul auzo berabbil falaq wa qul auzo berabbin nas’ (i.e. he would read these 3 chapters), then would slide hand on body as possible. He would begin to slide both hands from his head and face, and along way at the part of body, to which his hand could go. He would do so three times.

He (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) would do so with such regularity that Hazrat Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her), in his last illness, would recite these prayers and blow breath at his hands and slide his hands at his body.

A tradition is from Hazrat Aisha (r.a.) that when Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) would become ill, he would recite ‘mo-awway-zat’ and blow breathe at himself. When his illness became severe, I would recite these chapters at him, and slide his hands, in hope of their blessing.

Coming of this thought to Hazrat Aisha (r.a.) was surely due to reason that Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) was very regular in doing it, and has made very clear its blessing for Hazrat Aisha (r.a.).

==

How Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) drew attention of Sahabah about blessings and importance of these chapters....In this regard, Hazrat Uqbah bin Aamir (may Allah be pleased with him) states, I met Noble Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be on him). Coming forward he (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) held my hand, and said ‘O Uqbah..?... Should I not tell you the three best surah-s from surah-s revealed in Torah and Injil / Gospel and Zabur and Furqan e Azim / Holy Quran . I requested, why not? May Allah let me sacrifice myself for you. Then he recited ‘qul howallaho ahad, qul aauzo berabbil falaq and qul aauzo berabbinnas’ and said, ‘O Uqbah, do not you forget these and do not pass any night until you recite these.’....Uqbah says, I have not forgotten these, from the time he (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) told me not to forget these. Since then, I have not passed any night unless I have recited these.

So the saying by Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) to Uqbah-- you do not forget these and do not pass any night unless you recite these – clearly shows he (s.a.w.) too would recite these regularly. He (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) was the greatest practitioner of things, prayers and commandments taught by Allah the Exalted that is why he (s.a.w.) asked others too.

==

About the importance of Surah al-Ikhlas (qul ho wallaho ahad....), it is mentioned in a hadith narrated by Hazrat Abu Saeed Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) that a person heard another person who was reciting ‘qul ho wallaho ahad’. In morning, he reported the matter to Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) as if he (reporter) was considering him (recite) inferior. (report was like complaint). I swear by the Being, in Whose hand, my life is. It is equivalent to third part of Quran.

Hazrat Abu Saeed Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) mentions details in this regard as: Noble Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) told his companions, ‘Is someone helpless, from you, to recite one third Quran in one night.’ It was very big for companions. They said, O Messenger of Allah who among us have capacity to do so, that to recite one third Quran in night. He (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said, ‘allahul wahid ussamad’ i.e. surah Ikhlas is one third Quran.

About Surah al-Ikhlas being equivalent to one third of Quran, Sahih-Muslim (book of Hadith) has written a tradition as: Hazrat Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates that, Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said, you get togather I shall recite for you third part of Quran. People gathered. Then Noble Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) came outside, and recited ‘qul ho wallaho ahad’ , then he went inside. Companions says: Someone from us said, perhaps a news / revelation has come from heavens that is why he has gone in his house. Then Noble Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) came outside, and said I told you that I would read third of Quran to you. Listen carefully, this Surah Ikhlas is equal to third part of Quran.

Why Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) called surah Ikhlas third part of Quran? Because Allah the Exalted sent Holy Quran to prove and establish Tauheed / Oneness of Allah. So in this surah, Tauheed is mentioned in very clear and comprehensive way and words. By pondering at its words and practicing it, human can practice real Tauheed. When he will make effort to practice by considering it words of God, then it is as if he understands real Tauheed and is established at it. He will be enabled to practice teaching of Holy Quran fully. Person should not only think he has recited surah Ikhlas so he has read three parts of Holy Quran. It means, you read it and get established at Tauheed and practice it.

Reference and Subject continues in wwwDOTalislamDOTorg/friday-sermon/2018-02-16.html

Last edited: