• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reunification (NOT): the Israeli "left" never fails to disgust

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Arabs in Judea and Samaria are not second class citizens because they're not citizens at all. Not of Israel, at least. As for the treatment of Israeli Arabs - some things need to be fixed, that's for sure. But you probably think that Arabs deserve the right of citizenship per the Law of Return, right? I can't agree with you on that.

We agree on some things need to be fixed as a subsequent post of mine illustrates.

The "Law of Return" as I understand it is for Jews who are granted citizenship and even then at least at one point the matrilinial line of descent was used and the orthodox refused to recognize any but orthodox decisions about who is a Jew.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
118. The attitude of the Administration to the maintenance of public security in present circumstances was stated to the Committee in the following terms:132/

"The right of any community to use force as a means of gaining its political ends is riot admitted in the British Commonwealth. Since the beginning of 1945 the Jews have implicitly claimed this right and have supported by an organized campaign of lawlessness, murder and sabotage their contention that, whatever other interests might be concerned, nothing should be allowed to stand in the way of a Jewish State and free Jewish immigration into Palestine. It is true that large numbers of Jews do not today attempt to defend the crimes that have been committed in the name of these political aspirations. They recognize the damage caused' to their good name by these methods in the court of world opinion. Nevertheless, the Jewish community of Palestine still publicly refuses its help to the Administration in suppressing terrorism, on the ground that the Administration's policy is opposed to Jewish interests. The converse of this attitude is clear, and its result, however much the Jewish leaders themselves may not wish it, has been to give active encouragement to the dissidents and freer scope to their activities."
A/364 of 3 September 1947

Do you have any evidence for your opinions?
From that document:

Since the July 1946 attack by terrorists on the headquarters of the Administration Secretariat in the King David Hotel, Jerusalem, representatives of the Jewish Agency and the Vaad Leumi have from time to time condemned terrorist activities, and there have been some signs of active opposition to such methods on the part of the Haganah

Justanatheist

I'm not sure how this contradicts what I said.
Well I asked you whether terrorism was part of gods plan, you said you did not know yet what was gods plan and what was mans free will, so clearly you cannot identify gods plan from the past, yet you stated clearly what was gods plan for the future.

Justanatheist

From that document:

Since the July 1946 attack by terrorists on the headquarters of the Administration Secretariat in the King David Hotel, Jerusalem, representatives of the Jewish Agency and the Vaad Leumi have from time to time condemned terrorist activities, and there have been some signs of active opposition to such methods on the part of the Haganah
Yes that is acknowledged in the quote I used,

It is true that large numbers of Jews do not today attempt to defend the crimes that have been committed in the name of these political aspirations. They recognize the damage caused' to their good name by these methods in the court of world opinion. Nevertheless, the Jewish community of Palestine still publicly refuses its help to the Administration in suppressing terrorism, on the ground that the Administration's policy is opposed to Jewish interests.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Well I asked you whether terrorism was part of gods plan, you said you did not know yet what was gods plan and what was mans free will, so clearly you cannot identify gods plan from the past, yet you stated clearly what was gods plan for the future.
What I meant was that God has a plan for the world. That plan is to bring about the final redemption. But this can be done in an infinite number of ways, including ways which include moments in time during which God allows men to choose what to do. When I said I don't know, I meant that I don't know what the status of each and every event is: Is that God controlling certain people or does that stem only from man's free will? The answer to this will likely be clarified only at the end of the road.
Sorry if i wasn't clear enough.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
The "Law of Return" as I understand it is for Jews who are granted citizenship and even then at least at one point the matrilinial line of descent was used and the orthodox refused to recognize any but orthodox decisions about who is a Jew.
Some people find it racist. I thought you might. If you don't, then we're on the same page. :)
However, it's a deeply flawed law in the way that it defines who is a Jew, and believe me that it does not follow the Orthodox definition. With that said, I believe that the Orthodox definition for who is a Jew is the correct one and I do expect that one day the law will be corrected per that definition.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Some people find it racist. I thought you might. If you don't, then we're on the same page. :)
However, it's a deeply flawed law in the way that it defines who is a Jew, and believe me that it does not follow the Orthodox definition. With that said, I believe that the Orthodox definition for who is a Jew is the correct one and I do expect that one day the law will be corrected per that definition.

Every single nation has laws about who can move there and who can become a citizen. Israel is no different than all other nations.

Where I do feel the right to comment is where my family history involved discrimination and bigotry and where I see it in other places and especially in Israel which should know better given the history of the Jews.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Every single nation has laws about who can move there and who can become a citizen. Israel is no different than all other nations.

Where I do feel the right to comment is where my family history involved discrimination and bigotry and where I see it in other places and especially in Israel which should know better given the history of the Jews.
We don't disagree on this, however, we might disagree on what can be defined as bigotry and what not.